The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I Get Money Beat RIPPED OFF??? Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

I Get Money Beat RIPPED OFF???

Slutz-
I thought with all the discussions on here regarding copyrighting beats, and whatnot, that this would interest some. Looks like ripping beats even happens at the top...but the theives will always get caught.

This was posted this morning on the "rumors" section of Allhiphop.com
Believe or don't believe, it'll be interesting to see how this pans out!
Antagonist
www.myspace.com/leftcoastrider
[email protected]
CaliFlorida Productions
South Florida/California

I Get Money!!!

"Well, it seems like there is a discrepancy over who made the beat to 50's club slapper. Scott Boogie was originally credited for making the beat, until the G-Unit team needed the master and he could not provide it. This is what Apex had to say:

“They needed to master the song, so they asked him to go into the studio to bring up the track file and he was coming up with excuses. He said that he didn’t have the copies or the track files. He said that his hard drive on his computer broke. It was crazy. I was told this after the situation happened. After all that, they gave him some studio time to re-do the beat. He goes to the studio and he doesn’t know where the drums came from! So, now, they’re trying to get some sound that sounds like the one I used and they kept asking questions. They played me the version that he had made and it sounded like trash. It was borderline copy-cat. He couldn’t play the melody of the beat. He didn’t use the instrument that I used for the beat. So, he called his homeboy to play it. His connect at G-Unit was questioning Scott and he was struggling for answers. This guy by the name of Broadway searched online and the fans of my stuff were saying that that was my beat. Everyone was saying that that was an Apex beat. So, once the guy heard that it was me he asked Scott if he ever heard of me. He said no. Broadway got in touch with one of these rappers on MySpace who rapped over my beat. The rapper then got in touch with me. I listened to what the guy had to say and later on, Broadway got in touch with me directly because I wasn’t dealing with the rapper guy. The both of us linked up at Junior’s and talked about everything. Once it was all settled, Scott Boogie was out and I was in.”

Shout out to Apex to having one of the hottest beats out right now. To you aspiring beatmakers, watch who you deal with. Always copyright your music!!"
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Maniac

"...theives always get caught"

sadly, not at all man. this shi* happens every day in the industry, although most producers are more slick about it than that. you'd be surprised how many producers go to myspace to find some beats to remake themselves when they hit a creative drought.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

No doubt homey. You're right...they don't always get caught, but I guess it's good when they do.

This article sugar coats it, but I would guess there was a little more that went on rather than.."Hey you took my beat.:" " OK, Sorry, have it back".
Somebody probably took a beatdown on this one...or atleast a blow to their creative career.

The myspace thing is true.... Guard your tracks homey!
Antagonist
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

"...or atleast a blow to their creative career."

what the hell is that??
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

"blow to their creative career"...
Means that next time duke brings a beat somewhere, they're either not even going to listen to him... or they're gonna scrutinize that beat pretty hard.

I figure this'll put a strain on homey's creativity.

Thought it spoke for itself.
Antagonist
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Maniac

it could really mess up his hustle. labels are not trying to get sued, period, so when someone gets a rep as a beatjacker a&r's are gonna shut that connect down quick, because in the end the a&r takes the fall for that on the label side.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Sorry to sound like a dummy, i only know a little about hiphop. So the guy who first showed off this beat, took credit for it, than when he had to make the beat again he could'nt do it and made up excuses, than pretty much got caught out, than they finally found the real creator of the beat?
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Exactly HighEndOnly-

Looks like duke showed off the beat...did the whole nine yards, then when they asked him to make some changes, he couldn't do it. Not only that, he was unable to even produce the melody of the beat using filed samples.

Which ultimately proves he didn't make the beat. Obviously if he made it, he'd be able to reproduce it, even if the sounds weren't quite the same.

I have had this problem slightly personally, as I have a couple beats that were done on an old Mac. I no longer have the harddrive, just the finished beat. I tried to reproduce the beat, and had a hard time. I guess the synths and equipment I was using at the time just sounded different.
So I guess we can still give the dude some credit, but if he completely jacked the beat...He should be taken care of.

Antagonist
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Maniac

this beat has legs. I've been told by 3 different entities that they did that beat. mr devine, scott boogie, and a management company with credits said it was one of their producers.

truth be told the beat is a rip off of "I'm a Hustla" by Cassidy down to the tee.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Man, i've said that from the first time I heard that beat, i thought swiss did it because every single thing about the beat sounded like the cassidy hustler joint. So now you got 3 people claiming they made a beat that sounds like it was already jacked as it is.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERC476 View Post
...i thought swiss did it because every single thing about the beat sounded like the cassidy hustler joint...
same here.
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethdk View Post
this beat has legs. I've been told by 3 different entities that they did that beat. mr devine, scott boogie, and a management company with credits said it was one of their producers.

truth be told the beat is a rip off of "I'm a Hustla" by Cassidy down to the tee.
Now that you mention it...yeah it does sound very much like it. Damn.
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Definitely a rip of "I'm A Hustla". And if you can't replay the melody in "I Get Money", you've got problems if you're an aspiring beatmaker.
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
Slutz-
He goes to the studio and he doesn’t know where the drums came from! [/I]
thats easy! 5080, same place swiss got em from!heh
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by filterayok View Post
thats easy! 5080, same place swiss got em from!heh
those drums ( i get money & im a hustler) r sampled hits from audio 2 "i get money" with an added stack on snare
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

An engineer at a big time studio in Orlando told me he witnessed the guy producing "Funkdafied" for Da Brat back in the day, and later Jermaine Dupri got all the credit. He also said the guy later demanded a $20k check ready for him to produce an album, and if it wasn't there he'd just walk away (but he got it). There's no limit to the shadyness in the music bizz.
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjc View Post
There's no limit to the shadyness in the music bizz.
no question there. the only business shadier is the diamond businessheh
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Wow, I made the beat and didnt even know it. I must be getting better... Or I'm going to have to go with my alias cause the name Apex is now taken...FCUK.
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
those drums ( i get money & im a hustler) r sampled hits from audio 2 "i get money" with an added stack on snare
were you there when those beats were made?

you might be right, but they're on the 5080 too
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
were you there when those beats were made?

you might be right, but they're on the 5080 too
i was there when im a hustler was being made. we were in A room sony mixing w duro and swizz asks us to come over to his session. know him from my time at RR
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Ok..So I had never heard this joint and uhh...well... after listening to nothing but the instrumental..I must say that if anyone calling themselves a beatmaker can't redo this, then they deserve to be dfegad
Reading the initial post had me expecting some hawt ish and I hear this repetitive supersaw.
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
i was there when im a hustler was being made. we were in A room sony mixing w duro and swizz asks us to come over to his session. know him from my time at RR
And he told you where the drums were from?

And are you familiar with the kit on the 5080 that has these drums?

cuz if we can agree that its the same drums on both records, then either Apex sampled the same "audio 2" record and layered it with the SAME snare, or he sampled it from the swizz record (are they even letf open?)or they both just got it from the 5080.
Old 25th August 2007
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

from that article above:

"But with the Roland MV 8000, that’s where everything came from. The drums are heavy and the timing of the song was great. "

Apex

heh
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
from that article above:

"But with the Roland MV 8000, that’s where everything came from. The drums are heavy and the timing of the song was great. "

Apex

heh
they r originally sampled from audio 2 "i get money" same drums r in a synths and beat boxes. most synths like motif xs & roland 5080 and so take break samples for hits from older records homie. maybe u should listen to audio 2 "i get money" it's a classic rap record.
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
they r originally sampled from audio 2 "i get money" same drums r in a synths and beat boxes. most synths like motif xs & roland 5080 and so take break samples for hits from older records homie. maybe u should listen to audio 2 "i get money" it's a classic rap record.
yea but ur quoting me and makin statements like you know for fact where **** came from. Even went so far to say its 'layered' with another snare like you saw the protools files and ****..

Just sayin, there was a way to point out that it MIGHT have been sampled without "correcting" my statement, which turned out to be right anyway.

Maybe you should go cop a Roland, its a classic synthesizer
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
yea but ur quoting me and makin statements like you know for fact where **** came from. Even went so far to say its 'layered' with another snare like you saw the protools files and ****..

Just sayin, there was a way to point out that it MIGHT have been sampled without "correcting" my statement, which turned out to be right anyway.

Maybe you should go cop a Roland, its a classic synthesizer
stay on the sidelines lil homie. the know it all from the outside attitude will do u good there.

the audio 2 record was on turn in swizz' session in his room and I saw him sample it onto the mpc3000 n chop it n layer w/ sampled snr from mpc. lil secret- swizz didnt produce it by himself
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Uh are we talking about the same beat? Cause the 50 Cent track has a Storch kick. The Audio Two sample ("Top Billin') is in the beginning, but that's not where the drums came from...
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
stay on the sidelines lil homie. the audio 2 record was on turn in swizz' session and I saw him sample it onto the mpc3000. lil secret- swizz didnt produce it by himself
Sidelines...okay....i'll sit on the sidelines while you go in and win the game for me

But now that you've resorted to just flat out LYING, i think we should end this right here and now.
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by khameln View Post
Uh are we talking about the same beat? Cause the 50 Cent track has a Storch kick. The Audio Two sample ("Top Billin') is in the beginning, but that's not where the drums came from...
yea dude we established that

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search