The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Advice on passing a drug test Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Nut

Advice on passing a drug test

I know its kind of a weird topic. I quit smoking weed regularly a while ago. Since then I have smoked only on ocassion (very rarely). However, about a week ago I was smoking almost everyday (like 1 joint between two people). I also smoked 2 days ago.

I recently applied for a job. They want me to drug test on Monday. If anyone can offer some helpful advice on how to pass the test lemme know.

Thanks Slutz.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Don't do drugs?

When I worked at my local record store, we used to sell this stuff called "Ready Clean" (by a company called "Detox.") We had people come in on a weekly basis who worked jobs with weekly drug tests. It was obviously working for them! Just make sure you follow the instructions! Drink the stuff an hour or so beforehand, fill the container back up with water, then drink that. Don't drink too much water, as it will dilute the solution in your system. It should last for about 5 hours. Keep in mind that it doesn't actually cleanse your system, it just masks the test. The worst that will happen is the test will come back "inconclusive," and you'll have to take it again (thus buying you more time.)

Hope that helped!
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Niacin. Cheap and effective. It's an old Army trick I learned. Take about 7 pills. You should get hot and itchy. If not, take more.

Of course, that only works for piss tests. If it's a hair test, find a local head shop, and they'll have that magic shampoo. Just be sure to follow the directions.
Old 24th August 2007
hit up the local GNC & pick up a $10-15 bottle of liquid goldenseal. down that puppy & keep drinking gallons of water til it's time for your test or your kidneys explode, whichever happens first. should be pissing clear. i was stoned the night before my surprise test & passed with this method.
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Addict

they test for alot of those Detox products now and they will show up. I have alot of friends who are pharmicists. They told me theres like a set of vitamins at GNC that will get you through it, 3 days is not probably long enough though.

It depends on the type of test, and how intense that test is, which unfortunately you probably wont be able to find out beforehand. Ive had friends just point blank ask guys and GNC. Thats what id do.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

THC is a problem- cocaine and opiates are much easier to get around ie- taking tylenol, telling them you had a poppyseed bagel, drinking cranberry juice but THC is difficult.

THC is stored in your fat cells and there is very little you can do about it.
Drink a lot of water leading up to and on the day of the test.
The only reliable way for pot smokers is to switch with a clean friend or use synthetic piss.
Synthetic is illegal to use in some states- but not in others. Which state are you doing the test in?
Niacin is a crap shoot- it does assist in cleaning the blood but THC is stored in fat cells and some will seep into your blood. It might work or it might not.

The best way to get around it is to spoil the sample.
The way to do it is to dip your fingers in bleach and let it dry just before you go to the test.
When you do the test you can put your finger in the pee and some of the bleach will mix with the sample.

Good luck with it.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post
THC is stored in your fat cells and there is very little you can do about it. Drink a lot of water leading up to and on the day of the test.

THC will be out of your system in about two days if you smoke very rarely and have a normal to fast metabolism. Its when you smoke a lot that it takes 3 weeks or so to clean out to below detectable levels.

What you want to do besides the Goldenseal thing is just drink a ****load of water. Never give a piss test when you haven't pissed in a while and its really yellow. Once it starts coming out like water and you're pissing every twenty minutes you're much more likely to not come up positive.

Also exercise so you build up a healthy sweat and that will speed up your metabolism and keep it from being stored in the fat cells.
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Head

!

Move to any other country besides the usa?
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

pretty much agree with everything octatonic said.

THC can typically stay positive for about 10-14 days depending on the sensitivity standard used on the test.
Most tests will check temperature and dilution level. If its too dilute (drank tons of water) or too cold (brought in someone else's sample), then it will fail standards.
Depends on what the employer's criteria are. Some will simply fail you if its a bad sample, others will ask you to repeat it.
All the other methods listed above are hit /miss...
If its witnessed, of course its terribly difficult to use someone else's sample. Its also difficult to comtaminate the sample with bleach or salt if they're watching you.
Bleach works because it will alter the pH and push it out of criteria range, and salt can work because it will alter the specific gravity (density) and push it out of range. Urines out of range on any of several critereon are deemed abnormal and may default fail you.
Remember, drinking too much plain water can be very dangerous, and can even kill you, so dont go hog wild.

Update us when all is said and done??
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

I had to take a lie detector test back in 87 before landing one of my last day jobs as a retail manager.
I decided to go in and just be completely honest since I knew that although I had done (and was still doing) many drugs my conscience was clean regarding theft or drugs at work.
It went something like this.......
Pot? Yes.
Every day? Yes
At work? No
Psychedelics? Yes...ummm...including ecstasy?
Whats ecstasy? A new one that makes you feel all lovey inside. Bayer Baby Acid.
OK....Done that? Yes
Cocaine? Yes
Heroin? No
etc. etc. etc.

I walked into work the next day and was told.
"well you have done alot of drugs but your honest as hell so you are hired."
Ahhh...the benefits of long term memory retention!

Next, I might recall for you how I was paid by the US government to do the absolute best cocaine I have ever done in my life.....It was my last day job : )
Old 25th August 2007
Jax
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohtruck View Post
I know its kind of a weird topic. I quit smoking weed regularly a while ago. Since then I have smoked only on ocassion (very rarely). However, about a week ago I was smoking almost everyday (like 1 joint between two people). I also smoked 2 days ago.
You didn't quit.
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Head

I havent smoked in over 12 years and I got sent for a piss test by my employer about a year ago. It was nice to go and get it over with without any worry at all. Be carefull with that piss in a balloon idea though. When I went for my test they stuck a thermometer in the cup the second I was done. If you hand the a cup urine thats 85 degrees etc they are going to know somethings up.

Sooooo many people smoke now its almost like your the minority if you do not.

At this point they should probably seriously study legalizing it on some level.
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Guru

Don't smoke pot is the best way around it.
Old 26th August 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryrobinett View Post
Don't smoke pot is the best way around it.
I once had to take that test for a car sales job of all things.

For some reason they never called me back..
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

Best thing to do is to find a way to go pro in the music biz....
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearBit View Post
Best thing to do is to find a way to go pro in the music biz....
I had to do a drug test for that- they found out I wasn't doing enough of them.
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

The good detox kits you can buy at some health stores or head shops do work.The good kits will have vitamins to help replenish what the detox takes out.Also drink about a gallon of water and pee as much as you can before the test.

Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
I had to do a drug test for that- they found out I wasn't doing enough of them.
LOL.
Seems I'm not doing the right drugs for rock and roll. Booze.....

I guess I need to face my lot in life as a jam band producer.
Thinking of starting my own self help program for jam band addicts.
12 steps to 3 chords.
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

Simple - If you need to do a mandatory drugs test, they're obviously fvcking ****s, so don't work for them!

Why don't they make you take an alcohol test? Or a cigarette test? Or a 'I wank 6 times a day covered in goat's milk with an orange in my mouth' test?
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickydicky View Post
Simple - If you need to do a mandatory drugs test, they're obviously fvcking ****s, so don't work for them!
I was asked if I would undergo a credit check once.
I reluctantly agreed (as my credit was fine but I thought it was an intrusion) they came back and told me it was a tobacco company I wpould have been working for- at which point I hung up the phone.

Quote:
'I wank 6 times a day covered in goat's milk with an orange in my mouth' test?
I wonder if the test would be worse than the act itself.
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
I reluctantly agreed (as my credit was fine but I thought it was an intrusion) they came back and told me it was a tobacco company I wpould have been working for- at which point I hung up the phone.
Good for you. I could never work for blood-sucking vampires also -

- oops, I work in the music industry!
Old 27th August 2007
no ssl yet
Quote:

I wonder if the test would be worse than the act itself.
Plenty of industries have credit checks as a part of the application process. It's not a end all decision maker, but it helps to tell if the applicant is a responsible person. Think of it as another form of character reference.
Old 27th August 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by no ssl yet View Post
Plenty of industries have credit checks as a part of the application process. It's not a end all decision maker, but it helps to tell if the applicant is a responsible person. Think of it as another form of character reference.
As far as I know, you are 100% correct on this.
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no ssl yet View Post
I thought it was funny that a tobacco company, not the most ethical industry on the planet, was doing credit checks for their prospective employees.

"Yes sir, we need our merchants of death to be financially responsible".
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search