The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
been a while...
Old 25th May 2020
been a while...

i have been on here, on and off, over the near past. depending on my current obsession, at the moment.
my E-drum kit has sadly been collecting dust. but i think it is time to find a better place to set it up, finish the kit (need at least a throne, and drum rug to keep things in place). at the moment it is in the basement, where it is cold and noisy, and prone to flooding in the spring (i keep the floor bits off the floor).
i may be 40, but what do i have to lose by finishing the kit, so i can at least bang around on it? i may never be great, or turn pro, or be the next viral YouTube sensation. but if i can have a little fun, what is to lose?

also, i bought a well used Tascam DA-78HR to play around with. needs some work to fix it (transport communication failure, S-ERROR 00-OD, according to the seller). my electronics background should help there. i figure i will use it with my E-drum kit to lay some play-around tracks down, and maybe play around with my cheap DAW software to add loops... and make crappy music

anyway, music has always been a desire of mine, so i am sure i will keep coming back, like a bad penny. all in how much ambition i am able to invest... if my plans work out, i have a nice semi-secluded spot to renovate to some sort of "studio". has power, and a roof. i hope to clear space and add A/c for summer, and heat for winter.
time and money will tell how far i go. i bought what i have with a shoestring budget, and expect not much to change going forward.

anyway, anyway, i am rambling. i look forward to hanging with you folks more.

~Travis
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear