The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
"Music Review/Reaction" channels on YouTube.
Old 13th May 2020
Gear Head

"Music Review/Reaction" channels on YouTube.

I just watched two different very well know "reaction/review" channels on YouTube.

They called the new NAV album trash.

Now it is one thing to say you did not like the album. It is another thing to call it trash. I listened to both his new mix tapes, and they sounded damn good to say he mixes and produces and writes his own material.

I find it funny these guys have millions of subscribers of being a music critic, yet they review and listen to all the albums in their bedroom off iPhones speakers or some ear buds.... I see this **** to often and it pisses me off. These guys have no business trying to destroy someone's brand and platform calling a musical piece "trash" when they have over million subscribers off being a music critic, yet they don't even have the audacity to purchase a good listening environment.

Most of these guys when reviewing don't ever judge it legitimately, you can tell they are illiterate musically.

We need more people who have actually mixed, wrote and produced music creating platforms and channels like this imo. Imagine you worked your ass off to make a beautiful sounding album and some idiot who decided to make YouTube channel reviewing music, yet he knows nothing about music; blows up. Then he calls your work of art trash on a platform and base of over a million people without saying any musical terms or anything. **** would piss you off too. I'm not even a die hard nav fan but that good intentions album was mixed pretty good. To call that trash is delusional.
Old 13th May 2020
Gear Guru

I have no idea who or what "nav" is, and I haven't watched the specific channels you're talking about or any channels specifically reviewing music, but it's a common theme these days to find some type of content, genre or even franchise, and then crap all over it.

Unfortunately I think negative reviews with very emotional expression wins over something more intellectually satisfying most of the time. Most 'average' people don't want to hear difficult "industry"-terms and well reasoned arguments that require effort to understand and verify, they want to be told what to think or be told what they already think as verification.

Style over substance. Wins most of the time.
Instant gratification over effort. Wins most of the time.

So while I applaud your efforts I really think it's already a lost cause... Hopefully I can be proven wrong.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear