The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tell Us Your Dreams
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Tell Us Your Dreams

So I just had a nap and I dreamed I was on a train and that train was "the train ride that is our life" and there on that train I learned about David Bowies death and I got so sad my face got coverd in a thick layer of snow but that snow was all salt and the salt was all salt from my tears.
WTF Mr Jones, how can you f*ck up peoples minds like that?

Now tell us your dreams-
Old 22nd January 2020
Lives for gear
Through dreaming The Universe(or The Divine if you're religious) is communicating with us by creating emotions through image and sound. It's usually a guide on how to improve certain aspects of our life, but it can take the shape of a gift usually for emotions and feelings that we crave in real life. It's good to be human, we are certainly not alone, there's always someone watching, wishing us to succeed and do well.
Old 23rd January 2020
Gear Maniac

I dreamed I got bit by a snake and woke up with my ankle in pain, I guess I kicked the bed post trying to kick back at the snake.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Had my office space at my doctors place but it wasn't the practice she used to have but a very cozy place, carpets on the wall and a cozy coach with cushions etc.
My brother was there too, in an antique bed, sleeping.

And then she started haveing sex with two women, and more women came in and then even more and more people came in and it turned into an orgy.

An ex coworker of mine was there and told me this will be going the whole day
and gave me a black velvet embroidered piece of cloth that I should read to understand but I couldnt make out what was written on it.

My doctor came over to me and started caressing me and asked how I felt and I said very good but then I said oh, I totally forgot about coronavirus and now we are infected.

And then she had tears in her eyes and said this is the only way to deal with it we all have to get infected ASAP.
A joint was passed around.
And then she became someone else and I tried to figure out who she was while she said she had to leave town now before it gets really, really bad in the city with all the people freaking out who do not understand and order breaking down.
I started to worry about that and I awoke.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

I love dreams. I'm fascinated by the things. It's especially entertaining reading the different theories on dreams when the ability to lucid dream kind of kicks most of those theories out the window.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

In the 6 omths before the horrible tsunami of 2004 I had several impressive dreams of extreme flooding.
I still recall them today. I have no explanation.

I once read a theory about such phenomena by a Germany physicist, unfortunately I forgot the details.
Had something to do with long-term entanglement or similar. Mybe I can search for it later.

For me, stuff like music and arts is mostly about sharing dream-like images and moods.
I totally love Max Ernst for instance.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

It was Dr. Dr. Walter von Lucadou. Unfortunately I didnt find any info about him in English.
He holds a dimploma in physics, and a doctor in rerum naturalium as well as another in philosphy.
He is head of the Parapsychological Advice Centre Freiburg
which was actually state sponsored until the end of last year.
If you had experienced parapsychological phenomena, like spook or poltergeists or lucid dreaming, etc, you could call them and they did
investigate these things and give psychological advice. Hard to belive but true.
He has some interesting theories about these things, but doesnt claim to understand them all.
But he says thy investigated so many of them, you cant dismiss them.

auto-translated from his wikipedia entry

Walter von Lucadou represents an independent, unorthodox approach to the explanation of paranormal phenomena, which combines psychological and physical explanation patterns. 5] Whereas classical parapsychology has so far assumed that events such as clairvoyance or telepathy transmit information as a signal, albeit in an unknown form, and that psychokinesis ultimately involves a hitherto unknown force, Lucadou argues that macroscopic processes take place that are analogous to, but not identical with, quantum mechanical entanglement. Rather, they occur when the embodiment of people in their environment is sufficiently complex. For the occurrence of such entanglements he falls back on a concept (generalized quantum mechanics or weak quantum mechanics) by Hartmann Römer, according to which they result from the existence of noninterchangeable observations, which is often the case in psychology, for example. According to Lucadou, however, parapsychological phenomena should not be operationalizable, i.e. they should not be purposeful and intentionally usable, but "happened" situatively. [6] The NT axiom (NT for non transmission) applies: entanglement correlations cannot be used to transmit signals or controllable causal influences. 7] According to Lucadou, this is also connected with the fact that they are difficult to observe directly by outsiders, that the effects weaken when the observations are repeated or extended, a reciprocity effect (the stronger the expression, the more difficult it is to reproduce), and in general their elusive character with a tendency to evade observation or to reappear at unexpected points (displacement effect). 8] Critics, however, see this as a protective assertion to avoid fundamental criteria such as reproducibility or falsifiability.

Lucadou also described his approach as a model of pragmatic information (MPI, Lucadou, Kornwachs 1982).[9] This describes that according to Lucadou psychokinesis and other paranormal phenomena are not the action of unknown forces, but rather a non-local correlation in psycho-physical systems, generated as patterns by the organizationally closed system.[10]

A forerunner of this explanatory approach can already be found in Jung-Paulian synchronicity, which also assumes an acausal connection in paranormal events, but which does not see the cause in analogy to quantum physical processes, but rather in a connection created by the sense or meaning or symbolism [11].

According to Lucadou, paranormal experiences (such as dreams of truth or haunting phenomena) typically do not occur in mentally unstable or sick people. He names five typical characteristics of affected persons: [12]

Dissociativity, a characteristic of often creative people, which can be expressed as the presence of an inner dialogue partner.
Externalization, tendency not to process unpleasant things internally, but to push them away from oneself.
They have problems which they are not aware of, for example (but not always) due to repression.
The phenomenon must be observable and observation is part of the phenomenon.
Robustness. They are often psychologically and physically very healthy and do not react psychosomatically to problems

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search