The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Worst thing you said, overheard by the artist
Old 9th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Worst thing you said, overheard by the artist

For fun, whats the worst thing you said, about the artist, the music or whatever, that the artist heard, either through a talk back you thought wasn't engaged, or in the next room etc. I'll start.

1. They should fire Chris (the bassist)

2. Maybe I should play his part?
Old 9th October 2019
Gear Nut
Working currently with someone who doesn’t want to do pre-pro. Trying to find a way to suggest that it might not work so well but I ended up basically saying “I suck compared to that other guy you were working with I don’t want to suddenly be on the spot about everything when we go in to record.”

I should have just said nothing and played it cool. Now she knows I’m nervous, hopefully it doesn’t blow the “spontaneous vibe,” she’s trying to achieve.
Old 9th October 2019
Gear Guru

This got me thinking -- I'm actually pretty impressed by how consistently people in the studio manage to not say what you know they're thinking. Including me, surprisingly. If you can't do tact and restraint, you don't last too long.
Old 9th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
This got me thinking -- I'm actually pretty impressed by how consistently people in the studio manage to not say what you know they're thinking. Including me, surprisingly. If you can't do tact and restraint, you don't last too long.
My faux pas were in the early EARLY days and the musicians I knew and we laughed it off.
Old 9th October 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsX View Post
My faux pas were in the early EARLY days and the musicians I knew and we laughed it off.
I'm pretty sure I've permanently repressed all that stuff. I sure hope so.
Old 9th October 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
I'm pretty sure I've permanently repressed all that stuff. I sure hope so.
Lol. I’ve got a feeling that if I don’t come up with a suitable beat on the spot I’ll be repressing a lot too.

Edit: actually come to think of it I bet I could just buy a cajon and run with that for the duration of the session and then just sample over it or make a complimentary beat afterwards.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search