The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Reverb.com & Deadbeat Buyers/Sellers
Old 5th September 2019
Exclamation Reverb.com & Deadbeat Buyers/Sellers

What are everyones thoughts on Reverb.com? I just had my third deadbeat buyer experience. Reverb seems to be attracting an increasingly amateur customer base. Obviously GS classifieds are one of the most pro, and eBay is the OG source.

After speaking with a [really nice] Reverb employee, it became clear, their policies favor buyers, not the sellers (who they make a commission off of). They offer a no questions asked Guitar Center type return policy. If you buy something and decide you don't want it before it ships the seller is obligated to refund the order. Even if its been taken off the market and buyer has made commitment.

In my most recent case, a kid bought an item from me on a Saturday, decided he didn't want it on a Monday, and I was obliged to refund him -- to Reverbs credit they recognized it was a mess and offered to help promote my new listing, but I had already missed out on other potential sales and wasted time preparing shipment to go out that week.

I've bought and sold a few cool things on Reverb.com and had mostly good experiences, but 3/5 of my last sales have been a drag. Curious if anyone else is having a similar experiences?

Old 22nd September 2019
Gear Addict

I've had a couple of times when buyers placed my items in their cart and then never paid for them. I wait a few days then send 2 messages asking for completion of the transaction. If I don't hear from them in 2 more days - I re-list it. In other words I give the benefit of the doubt that possibly something came up and they weren't literally available to complete the transaction. I may have sold 40 - 50 items on Reverb and I'd say this has happened 3 -4 times. I also typically give them a week with the item with a gentleman's agreement to refund if the item wasn't what I described. Glad I don't do it for a living.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search