The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Wish us luck guys!!
Old 30th August 2019
Lives for gear
Wish us luck guys!!

Hurricane Dorian is about to smash is in Florida!! May all our synths be protected by maybe a higher force if you believe in that? And stay safe all those other gearsluts living in Florida like me! Please keep your synths safe! We need to prepare for a fight with this thing... I have my command station set to kill!!
Old 30th August 2019
Deleted 402456e
Old 30th August 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 402456e View Post
Lmao! I just spit all my coffee out!!!
Old 30th August 2019
Lives for gear

Don't worry about it.
Old 30th August 2019
Lives for gear

Save synth and children first!

Honestly, good luck!
Old 30th August 2019
Old 30th August 2019
Lives for gear

Do what any rational person would do in your situation: Build a protective dome made from DX7s for your house!
Old 30th August 2019
Lives for gear
Thanks guys!! And girls!!
Old 30th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
Save synths and children first!
Wives too, otherwise who would look after the children while we are playing with the synths?
Old 30th August 2019
Lives for gear

Interesting mode for a hurricane to be in, do you know the key?
Old 30th August 2019
Make a raft for your synths out of wimmin and children!! Priorities!!!
Old 30th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Make a raft for your synths out of wimmin and children!! Priorities!!!
I meant wood and rope, not wimmin and children...soz
Old 30th August 2019
Gear Nut

No worries, just let all that gear float away. Like most on GS, you were probably spending more time wanking on tech specs than actually making quality music with it.
Old 30th August 2019
Lives for gear

The news has Dorian at CAT 6 already; Florida will be snapped off and transported north to reinforce the OBX in NC. Don’t worry, you’ll love it up there.

The NOAA - what’s left of it - has Dorian meandering as CAT 2 at a leisurely 11 knots. Mainly expect lots of rain.

Good luck! Early start to hurricane season.
Old 30th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtrance View Post
The NOAA - what’s left of it - has Dorian meandering as CAT 2 at a leisurely 11 knots. Mainly expect lots of rain.

Actually to me it barely looks like a Cat1, the wind speed around the inner eye is really low, see this real time wind map:
https://earth.nullschool.net/#curren....63,27.55,2065
Old 30th August 2019
Lives for gear

Latest NOAA forecast (11AM EST) has the shear which was degrading Dorian eased off, so yes, it's likely to intensify. Last drop sonde readings had it going 310 degrees at 9 knots now.

But hurricanes remain very unpredictable, even with all the great research and analysis and modeling that goes into every report.

All of the "spaghetti" lines in a spaghetti graph are true, just at statistically more or less likely ways.

In any event, yes, be careful out there! Watch for alligators!
Old 30th August 2019
Lives for gear

Keep them reptiles away from synths!

For safety i recommend to send them endangered synths all to my place. For safety, i tell you!
Old 30th August 2019
Lives for gear

Hope you have your emergency kit prep'd. One good tip I received lately is to get CASH to have on hand. Power may go out but any stores that do open after whatever happens might not have card systems or working ATMs if you need supplies later on.

Stay safe!
Old 30th August 2019
Lives for gear

Currently headed straight for Már a Lago..... just sayin’....
Old 30th August 2019
Lives for gear

It’s just a hurricane, whatever! You should’ve seen my studio after the ‘94 Northridge Earthquake!

Just F-ing around, of course. Good luck out there.
Old 30th August 2019
Lives for gear

Old 30th August 2019
Gear Guru

My boss was in Puerto Rico this week when it hit. It hadn't picked up enough to be a hurricane yet, but he said he's been through much worse. More importantly though, he's bringing those Spanish limes back with him!

Oh yeah, good luck and all that.
Old 30th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by acreil View Post
Did he just say, order your pizza early...

Sounds serious...

Keep your batteries fresh for mains free synthin...

Stay safe...
Old 30th August 2019
Lives for gear

Hope you've been saving all those desiccant packets and not eating them!

Stay safe.
Old 31st August 2019
Lives for gear

Roland Boutiques! Run on batteries! Don't leave 'em behind!
Old 31st August 2019
Gear Maniac

I've always listened to Frankie for storm advice, and I've never run out of pop, chinese food or spare batteries as a result.

Also, I'd recommend a WEIGHTED cover like a tarp with grommets weighted down if you keep your gear next to a window, you just never know...
Old 31st August 2019
Lives for gear

By latest scientific reports, sounds like Dorian may end up scrubbing the east coast up to NC or so, or may even turn out to sea without making landfall.

Who knows?! Best to be prepared, make a party of it in the meantime, the way Floridians always have. Life is too short to spend all your time worrying.
Old 31st August 2019
Lives for gear

There is an element of virtual modeling v's traditional analog forecasting

The only thing suggesting it will turn north are two virtual computer models. It could barrel through like Andrew...
Old 31st August 2019
Lives for gear

It could barrel thru, join up with another low forming in the Gulf of Mexico, grow to CAT 5 and finish off New Orleans and Houston, then turn south towards Mexico City where it meets up with lots of smog which increases the particulate matter hail can form around and then end up hailing on Mexico City with hail the size of golf balls and watermelons, after which Popocatepetl(sp?) erupts and sends lava northward to the Texas border with Mexico, dissolving all human constructions before it.

But..... pROBAbLy not.
Old 1st September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtrance View Post
It could barrel thru, join up with another low forming in the Gulf of Mexico, grow to CAT 5 and finish off New Orleans and Houston, then turn south towards Mexico City where it meets up with lots of smog which increases the particulate matter hail can form around and then end up hailing on Mexico City with hail the size of golf balls and watermelons, after which Popocatepetl(sp?) erupts and sends lava northward to the Texas border with Mexico, dissolving all human constructions before it.

But..... pROBAbLy not.
Everyone forgets Yellowstone....

Ready to hit record activity before August is out...

This kind of stuff drives people to make music...

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search