The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Contemporary Improvisation class (Austin Community College)
Old 4 weeks ago
Contemporary Improvisation class (Austin Community College)

Hey, Gearslutz! This is geared specifically toward music people in central Texas. Mods, if this is in the wrong spot, please feel free to move!

I'm teaching a contemporary music improvisation class at Austin Community College this coming semester and it's gonna be a damn good time. We'll be focusing on music by the likes of Funkadelic, Led Zeppelin, Marvin Gaye, Albert King, and more, and exploring how foundations of the blues inform all contemporary American music from rock, jazz, and hip hop to metal.

If you're looking for a cool environment to work on your improvisation skills, some fun college credit, a nice community of like-minded musicians, or any of the above, give it a look! Deadline to register is TOMORROW, 8/16 (Friday), and the course number is MUSP 1148. It will meet Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:30pm to 6:15pm at ACC's Northridge campus.

For a bit about me, the instructor: I've been a professional musician, composer, and producer for over nearly twenty years and I'm newly back in Austin after a long stint in New York City. I've had the good fortune of working with numerous Grammy-winners, indie icons, national television networks, and so forth. You can read and listen more at my website.

Registration is all through ACC's registrar, which is here.

Thanks for looking and have a great day/weekend!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search