The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Sweetwater wins as a retailer cause: They ship with candy goodies!
Old 8th August 2019
Lives for gear

Sweetwater wins as a retailer cause: They ship with candy goodies!

Fire ball candy is like crack for studio engineers and producers.

I’ve been to the point of getting and unboxing my Sweetwater delivery, and run thru the one or two fireballs, and stop my whole gear install to goto the local gas station to get a bag of fireballs.

My only question to Sweetwater is: “how do you know what type of candy us slutz like?”

Shame on you Sweetwater, I’m going to report you guys to the DEA, and FBI...distribution of fireballs without a license.
Old 8th August 2019
Gear Nut

I love candy. I order $3000 pre amps from them just for the candy
Old 8th August 2019
It really sweetens the deal...
Old 8th August 2019
Gear Guru

If Mercenary Audio was still around, they would win. The candy is nice, but it can't beat Girl Scout Cookies
Old 8th August 2019
Lives for gear

It's cool because when I get a Sweetwater box on the doorstep my kids really get excited and want to help me unbox the gear.
Old 8th August 2019
Gear Guru

When I order from SW I specify Bit-o-Honey.
Old 8th August 2019
Gear Guru

Yes, they have a "candy options" parameter in their customer profiles. Once I specified Laffy Taffy but it was a big mistake. I ended up with maybe 2 lbs of laffy taffy that nobody wanted to eat so I had to call them and tell them to stop sending it.
Old 9th August 2019
Gear Maniac

I told myself I would save all of the candy I amassed from Sweetwater orders for Halloween. But then I started snacking on them and what started as a treat here and there turned into a couple pieces every night. The pile is almost gone and it's August...

Guess I gotta order some more gear!
Old 10th August 2019
When I received my first ever Sweetwater order, I thought the candy might be laced with poison and threw it in the trash.

I guess at the time, I didn't know shipping the candy in the orders was common practice.
Old 10th August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
When I received my first ever Sweetwater order, I thought the candy might be laced with poison and threw it in the trash.
And you're still alive to tell the tale. That was a close one.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search