The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Free software included with paid gear
Old 6th August 2019
Here for the gear

Free software included with paid gear

Does anyone else get annoyed when you see free programs being used as an incentive to buy gear? Two that come to mind right now are the Scarlett interfaces and the Arturia Minilab. Horrible. Just Horrible. What annoys me even more are people selling Audacity and Blender on eBay. Anyone fall for it?
Old 7th August 2019
Gear Guru

Even the not-so-free softwares are irritating. I was an early adopter of the StudioLive, and I remember it coming with Studio One. ...artist. You cheap bastards, I just paid $3,000 for your mixer; give me the full freaking thing!
Old 13th August 2019
Gear Maniac

No
Old 13th August 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Even the not-so-free softwares are irritating. I was an early adopter of the StudioLive, and I remember it coming with Studio One. ...artist. You cheap bastards, I just paid $3,000 for your mixer; give me the full freaking thing!
Yah, it would've been nice to get a proper copy of cubase when i forked out for a montage
Old 19th August 2019
Why would this annoy me? I must've gotten about three times the value of my Focusrite Clarett in free stuff from Focusrite now... the most recent being a full unrestricted version of the Focusrite console channel strip from Plugin Alliance.

Audient is doing it too, they give away cool stuff also.
Old 29th August 2019
Here for the gear

Sometimes included software is a good deal, like with the Audiobox interfaces coming with Studio One Artist. Focusrite however, comes with Ableton Live Lite (completely free), along with other programs as you say, but my point still stands.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search