The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Are you surprised at how few people possess a sense of humor?
Old 2nd August 2019
  #1
Gear Guru
 
zerocrossing's Avatar
Are you surprised at how few people possess a sense of humor?

I am.
1
Share
Old 3rd August 2019
  #2
Lives for gear
 
AfterViewer's Avatar
 

Am what?
1
Share
Old 3rd August 2019
  #3
Lives for gear
 
ionian's Avatar
Definitely. Seems like everyone's offended all the time about everything these days. Bad for them though because my sense of humor is fueled by offending people.
3
Share
Old 3rd August 2019
  #4
Lives for gear
 

LTFU

Cheers
Old 4th August 2019
  #5
Gear Guru
 
Sounds Great's Avatar
 

Nah, the world is just not so funny right now.

But we do need more stuff to laugh about, that's for sure!

---

I saw 'The Ballad of Buster Scruggs' last night. That was very funny. And sad, but funny.
Old 4th August 2019
  #6
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
Nah, the world is just not so funny right now.
It's not? It's gotten less funny? When did this allegedly happen?!
2
Share
Old 4th August 2019
  #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
I am.
Here's some.

Old 4th August 2019
  #8
Gear Guru
 
zerocrossing's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by creegstor View Post
It's not? It's gotten less funny? When did this allegedly happen?!
I don’t know if the world has fewer funny people, or people who appreciate good comedy, but we sure are in a sector of bad juju, that’s for sure. I guess it does lead to an inordinately large number of Onion articles that get picked up as actual news stories in other news outlets.
Old 4th August 2019
  #9
Gear Guru
 
zerocrossing's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
Here's some.

I always liked that strawberry one with the toasted crunchy coating.
1
Share
Old 4th August 2019
  #10
Lives for gear
 
ionian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
Nah, the world is just not so funny right now.
Naaa...world's doing fine. It's doing the same as it's always been. Billy Joel even wrote a song about that.

As for me, I find reasons to belly laugh at stuff virtually every day.
3
Share
Old 6th August 2019
  #11
Gear Head
No shortage of humor here in Phoenix, the heat makes everybody act funny.
Old 7th August 2019
  #12
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
I've got a pretty dark sense of humor. In today's world, I've had to toss that out the window. It sucks. I'm sitting on all of these dead baby jokes just waiting for the world to get bright (!?) again.

I'm not too miffed about it, though. Times are changing. Probably should expand upon that, but I'm lazy. In the meantime, here's a giggle for you:

1
Share
Old 9th August 2019
  #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
Naaa...world's doing fine. It's doing the same as it's always been. Billy Joel even wrote a song about that.

As for me, I find reasons to belly laugh at stuff virtually every day.
Me too. Humour is the spice of life. Everything else is just minutia. I draw cartoons of all the funny **** I see in my head.
Attached Thumbnails
Are you surprised at how few people possess a sense of humor?-smokey-bear.jpg  
3
Share
Old 9th August 2019
  #14
Gear Guru
 
Brent Hahn's Avatar
 

Smokey bats lefty. Who knew?
1
Share
Old 9th August 2019
  #15
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Smokey bats lefty. Who knew?
He also bats right since he's amphibian.
Old 9th August 2019
  #16
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
PANG!!! I love that effect.
2
Share
Old 9th August 2019
  #17
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
Definitely. Seems like everyone's offended all the time about everything these days.
I think that's just a fallout of a grossly permissive society which began in the 60s and whose fallout/ripple effects only get wider and stronger with each passing year. Like spoiled brat kids, no matter how much they get their way, it's not enough and they're just looking for an excuse to piss and moan for its own sake.

I was born (at least) a generation too late. Take me back to the days when society had a backbone and people's skin wasn't so razor thin.
1
Share
Old 9th August 2019
  #18
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
I think that's just a fallout of a grossly permissive society which began in the 60s and whose fallout/ripple effects only get wider and stronger with each passing year. Like spoiled brat kids, no matter how much they get their way, it's not enough and they're just looking for an excuse to piss and moan for its own sake.

I was born (at least) a generation too late. Take me back to the days when society had a backbone and people's skin wasn't so razor thin.
Dude you're like a walking case study of the thread's premise...
2
Share
Old 9th August 2019
  #19
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
I think that's just a fallout of a grossly permissive society which began in the 60s and whose fallout/ripple effects only get wider and stronger with each passing year. Like spoiled brat kids, no matter how much they get their way, it's not enough and they're just looking for an excuse to piss and moan for its own sake.

I was born (at least) a generation too late. Take me back to the days when society had a backbone and people's skin wasn't so razor thin.
I’m offended by your use of “razor”.
2
Share
Old 9th August 2019
  #20
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I've got a pretty dark sense of humor. In today's world, I've had to toss that out the window. It sucks. I'm sitting on all of these dead baby jokes just waiting for the world to get bright (!?) again.

I'm not too miffed about it, though. Times are changing. Probably should expand upon that, but I'm lazy. In the meantime, here's a giggle for you:

Infanticide is nothing to make fun of. Now a little corporal punishment OTOH.
1
Share
Old 9th August 2019
  #21
Lives for gear
 
ionian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I've got a pretty dark sense of humor. In today's world, I've had to toss that out the window. It sucks. I'm sitting on all of these dead baby jokes just waiting for the world to get bright (!?) again.
How do you make a dead baby float?

Ice cream, seltzer, and two scoops of dead baby.
1
Share
Old 9th August 2019
  #22
Gear Guru
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
Take me back to the days when society had a backbone and people's skin wasn't so razor thin.
Speaking of "skin" and "back to the days"...

Right?

The whining bunch is what made 'some people' get the right to ride at the front of the bus. Offensive to some, human rights to others.

Since we're off-topic that is...
3
Share
Old 9th August 2019
  #23
Gear Guru
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
How do you make a dead baby float?

Ice cream, seltzer, and two scoops of dead baby.
I'm so stealing that one...
1
Share
Old 9th August 2019
  #24
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
Does anyone remember "Mommy, Mommy" jokes?

"Mommy, Mommy! I don't like running in circles!"
"Shut up or I'll nail down your other foot!"

"Mommy, Mommy! What happened to all that dog food Fido wouldn't eat?"
"Shut up and eat your meat loaf."

"Mommy, Mommy! My head hurts!"
"Shut up and get away from the dart board!"

If only we all had mothers that caring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
How do you make a dead baby float?

Ice cream, seltzer, and two scoops of dead baby.
How many dead babies does it take to paint a wall?
One, if you throw it hard enough.
1
Share
Old 9th August 2019
  #25
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?
Nothing. You've already told her twice!
2
Share
Old 9th August 2019
  #26
Lives for gear
 
steelyfan's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?
Nothing. You've already told her twice!
LOL, they’re going to eject you.

I’m too immature to ever get too serious, I grew up on Chevy Chase movies.
Old 9th August 2019
  #27
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelyfan View Post
I’m too immature to ever get too serious, I grew up on Chevy Chase movies.
Similar. I grew up with a ton of slapstick. The Money Pit. Hot Shots. Loaded Weapon 1. Naked Gun. Airplane.

2
Share
Old 9th August 2019
  #28
Lives for gear
What tickles anyone’s funnybone is unique to that person. Generally, “category” jokes don’t offer much humor to me. I can live very happily without ever hearing another dead baby joke, knock knock joke, Polish or other ethnic joke, or anything where anybody or anything walks into a bar. The “black eyes” joke is both offensive and funny.
Old 9th August 2019
  #29
Some people have humor and some are stern and go around with a rigid stone poker face throughout their day. Some are quiet, some like to chat your ear off.

The truth is:

Different strokes for different folks. That's the fact of life.
Old 9th August 2019
  #30
Gear Guru
 
Brent Hahn's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
What tickles anyone’s funnybone is unique to that person. Generally, “category” jokes don’t offer much humor to me. I can live very happily without ever hearing another dead baby joke, knock knock joke, Polish or other ethnic joke, or anything where anybody or anything walks into a bar. The “black eyes” joke is both offensive and funny.
In the mid 1970s I played in a trio backing a very good lounge singer (oxymoron, I know) and we sometimes gigged at Playboy Clubs, often doubling as the house band for the standup comedian in the big room. One of them was Buddy Hackett. He'd always start his set with fairly complex, intellectual material. As the crowd was usually almost entirely male and split 50/50 between servicemen in uniform and groups of Asian gents in expensive suits, he'd get like zero laughs from anyone but the band. He'd go on for a few minutes, then stop dead and say...

"Okay, fine. Who wants to hear an ethnic joke?"

The place would go wild. And he'd launch into...

"A tall ethnic, a short ethnic and a fat ethnic walk into a bar..."
4
Share
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump