The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Computer denouncers: What’s been your actual experience?
Old 8th August 2019
  #481
Lives for gear
 
Moonwhistle's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarnateX View Post
Oh rly? Now that does surprise me, since a deal of the posts concerned my answers to you. Well, let the mods figure it out because insane herassment it is.

Now, obviously the fun is over, and I better leave you sensitive beings to your first world problems and very important mission. So I will simply split to easy your sufferings. You see, at the end of the day, I am a happy person who knows how to stay happy and do not have to glue myself to places that only offer sadness for whatever screwed reasons.

I think a little farewell tune should fit the departure:



Bye, bye sweethearts and get them computer denouncers, a danger to human civilization
From where I'm sitting it looks like you had a mental episode in this thread.
3
Share
Old 8th August 2019
  #482
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarnateX View Post
Oh rly? Now that does surprise me, since a deal of the posts concerned my answers to you. Well, let the mods figure it out because insane herassment it is.

Now, obviously the fun is over, and I better leave you sensitive beings to your first world problems and very important mission. So I will simply split to easy your sufferings. You see, at the end of the day, I am a happy person who knows how to stay happy and do not have to glue myself to places that only offer sadness for whatever screwed reasons.

I think a little farewell tune should fit the departure:



Bye, bye sweethearts and get them computer denouncers, a danger to human civilization
The depressed love people who are in depression (like Pink Floyd), misery loves company, and people in love love people who are filled with love. And people filled with laughter (comedians) love people with a good joke and hilarious things/events. We are all drawn to what we want and I am the intermediary. I like it all. Except the sadness and screaming/suffering in the world. It needs healing and I've run through all that music. I think finding people who support and understand you is where its at. There are plenty of them around in real life or on here. I'm kind of transcendent, or feel like that so it's hard to live (life like a human) but dont take it all seriously, lighten up so that light may be reflected back to you. Expressing concern gets you back what you reflect out, so don't worry. All will be well, you dont need to let everybody know. We are all human beings, hopefully transcendent. I think you are perhaps alien from your picture.. anyways back to the show. We were somewhere in the computer realm, talking about... whatever it was
2
Share
Old 8th August 2019
  #483
Lives for gear
 
IncarnateX's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle View Post
From where I'm sitting it looks like you had a mental episode in this thread.
Switch seats and things may look different from different perspectives, you know, just like preferences for hardware versus software. Quite trivial, actually, unless you insist that someone, maybe yourself, has the God’s eyes view from which the rationality of whatever can finally be judged.

Can I go out and play now, dad? I mean, if you want me to go away, don’t quote my posts, so I get courious, man. You all won the argument the same moment I am gone, right? Whatever we were arguing about. Not sure myself but somebody got hurt by even the most harmless posts of mine, so it must have been very important. Does not change my views any day though.

Hey hey bro, and happy music making
Old 8th August 2019
  #484
Lives for gear
 
IncarnateX's Avatar
 

Wait a minute.

Zerocrossing, I hope it wasn’t you who took that much offence. We know each other’s styles from KVR (at least enough to know that if you lol in my face, you have just given me a green card to bite your A) and have both dealt with worse scenarios. No offence, bro, just a little arguing and fun like in the good old days.
Old 8th August 2019
  #485
Stay on topic pls or else I'm gonna' call my cousin Billy.
Old 9th August 2019
  #486
Lives for gear
 
Moonwhistle's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarnateX View Post
Switch seats and things may look different from different perspectives, you know, just like preferences for hardware versus software. Quite trivial, actually, unless you insist that someone, maybe yourself, has the God’s eyes view from which the rationality of whatever can finally be judged.

Can I go out and play now, dad? I mean, if you want me to go away, don’t quote my posts, so I get courious, man. You all won the argument the same moment I am gone, right? Whatever we were arguing about. Not sure myself but somebody got hurt by even the most harmless posts of mine, so it must have been very important. Does not change my views any day though.

Hey hey bro ,and happy music making
I don't have a preference.

Seems like you need some sleep.
Old 9th August 2019
  #487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle View Post
I don't have a preference.

Seems like you need some sleep.
I think this thread was finally killed. I might be wrong but only time will tell. After 17 pages LOL. It was a little iffy to begin with because without a computer your car wont get anywhere. Meanwhile my son watches the matrix now... go Neo!
Old 9th August 2019
  #488
Lives for gear
 
IncarnateX's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle View Post
I don't have a preference.
That is a valid perspective too from the eyes of the beholder


Quote:
Seems like you need some sleep.
Yup, the last ten years. Insomnia won’t let me. Lucky if I get 4 hours + some microsleep during the day. Though, you are not helping me either if you keep quoting me. But thanks for the concern.
Old 9th August 2019
  #489
Good Lord. Four hundred and eighty-eight posts, and already getting admonished by the administrator?!

I think that I've arrived at this party a bit too late.
Old 9th August 2019
  #490
Lives for gear
 
IncarnateX's Avatar
 

At least I have now had a little mod recognition as far as the report madness concerns, namely that somebody must have gone Tinky-Winky in their Dipsy and got their Laa-Laa stuck in their Po. Who wouldn’t go down on that? Friggin teletubbies. Oh have I dreamt of bombing their ugly little cave.

I wish the person(s)in question a speedy recovery
Old 9th August 2019
  #491
Lives for gear
 
IncarnateX's Avatar
 

And of course this ^^^ was just reported too along with my assurrances to ZeroC.

Funny that. At KVR a mod once wrote that he envied the attention I got from members with whom I never had any public argument but who nevertheless went psycho on me with stalking and randomized personal attacks. He wanted enemies too.

I get that: I am really good looking, ain’t I? Of course members will fall in love, do anything to get my attention and despair when they are rejected.
Old 9th August 2019
  #492
Lives for gear
 
jbuonacc's Avatar
i think they just want you to gtfo, you haven't said anything worthwhile here at all.
Old 9th August 2019
  #493
Lives for gear
 
IncarnateX's Avatar
 

And for the record:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle View Post
From where I'm sitting it looks like you had a mental episode in this thread.
I do not "have" mental episodes. I "am" one. Nevertheless, since I am the one holding a degree in such matters, it will be you they will drive away wearing a white shirt with very long sleeves when they find us entangled in a fight.

Don't push your luck, mate
Old 9th August 2019
  #494
Lives for gear
 
IncarnateX's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
i think they just want you to gtfo, you haven't said anything worthwhile here at all.
Have you checked your own posts, recently? E.g. how is the "you need to go" working for you, you think? Or your personal attacks on SteelyFan. Any progress?

BTW: Have you noticed that when I go, nothing happens, but when I come back, you come running? But it ain't gonna happen, sweetie, you are not my type.
Old 9th August 2019
  #495
Lives for gear
 
jbuonacc's Avatar
that was "no personal attack" on SteelyFan. he's been talking from a completely naive viewpoint for years, he's never even tried doing what he says "won't work for him". i'm damn certain that he'd absolutely love it if it was all set up for him.

...and yeah, you've been of no use here. bye.
Old 9th August 2019
  #496
Lives for gear
 
IncarnateX's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
bye
Yeah...C ya in an hour or two. Of all who would get pissed at me, you are the mystery. I actually gave you a very friendly response to your love declaration for your PC but you chose to ignore it and pretend I had offended you. You were not even among those who claimed a Kronos and a home PC was one and the same thing, so there was nothing addressed to you in particular….apart from that of your own delusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
that was "no personal attack" on SteelyFan. he's been talking from a completely naive viewpoint for years, he's never even tried doing what he says "won't work for him". i'm damn certain that he'd absolutely love it if it was all set up for him.
To this and the lack of benefits from my post, you should try the Musical Ethics test on page 16 and reflect upon your spontaneous answers. It may even tell what kind of person you really are.
Old 9th August 2019
  #497
Lives for gear
 
steelyfan's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
that was "no personal attack" on SteelyFan. he's been talking from a completely naive viewpoint for years, he's never even tried doing what he says "won't work for him". i'm damn certain that he'd absolutely love it if it was all set up for him.

...and yeah, you've been of no use here. bye.
Not Naive sir, just looking to get away from computers in general for making music, and enjoying my research. I still record almost everyday, nothing has slowed me down, and there’s been enjoyment in whatever work around I might have needed to do to attain a certain end result.

I’m not looking for a setup that gives me all the available colors ready to go, I’m looking for a setup that makes mixing my own colors fun. It’s all about process, the joy of creating, and interacting with gear that inspires. If I wanted easy, I’d bought Abelton Live and Push2 years ago, but I’m not into starring at screens anymore. Everyone is different.
4
Share
Old 10th August 2019
  #498
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle View Post
From where I'm sitting it looks like you had a mental episode in this thread.
While trying to read Shakespeare.
1
Share
Old 10th August 2019
  #499
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by geob View Post
The depressed love people who are in depression (like Pink Floyd), misery loves company, and people in love love people who are filled with love. And people filled with laughter (comedians) love people with a good joke and hilarious things/events. We are all drawn to what we want and I am the intermediary. I like it all. Except the sadness and screaming/suffering in the world. It needs healing and I've run through all that music. I think finding people who support and understand you is where its at. There are plenty of them around in real life or on here. I'm kind of transcendent, or feel like that so it's hard to live (life like a human) but dont take it all seriously, lighten up so that light may be reflected back to you. Expressing concern gets you back what you reflect out, so don't worry. All will be well, you dont need to let everybody know. We are all human beings, hopefully transcendent. I think you are perhaps alien from your picture.. anyways back to the show. We were somewhere in the computer realm, talking about... whatever it was
Comedians are notoriously some of the most Depressed and FU'd headcases around, fwiw.
1
Share
Old 10th August 2019
  #500
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelyfan View Post
Not Naive sir, just looking to get away from computers in general for making music, and enjoying my research. I still record almost everyday, nothing has slowed me down, and there’s been enjoyment in whatever work around I might have needed to do to attain a certain end result.

I’m not looking for a setup that gives me all the available colors ready to go, I’m looking for a setup that makes mixing my own colors fun. It’s all about process, the joy of creating, and interacting with gear that inspires. If I wanted easy, I’d bought Abelton Live and Push2 years ago, but I’m not into starring at screens anymore. Everyone is different.
Exactly.

Keep on keeping on, and doing your thing your way.
5
Share
Old 10th August 2019
  #501
Lives for gear
 
steelyfan's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Exactly.

Keep on keeping on, and doing your thing your way.
You know this! Cheers man.
2
Share
Old 11th August 2019
  #502
Lives for gear
 
IncarnateX's Avatar
 

Related. I have been looking for a word but cannot find it. We all know that a fanboi is one who will defend his favored preferences aggressively and will percieve opposite opinions as personal insults. But on a somewhat smaller scale, what is the english word for a person who thinks his ways of doings things are always the best ways and thus that everyone else should do it the same way? I get some wierd suggestions when searching, e.g. narcissicm, which is way too heavy an expression. Any suggestions?
Old 11th August 2019
  #503
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarnateX View Post
Related. I have been looking for a word but cannot find it. We all know that a fanboi is one who will defend his favored preferences aggressively and will percieve opposite opinions as personal insults. But on a somewhat smaller scale, what is the english word for a person who thinks his ways of doings things are always the best ways and thus that everyone else should do it the same way? I get some wierd suggestions when searching, e.g. narcissicm, which is way too heavy an expression. Any suggestions?
Not a word, but a phrase:

"Look in the mirror."
2
Share
Old 11th August 2019
  #504
Lives for gear
 
IncarnateX's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
Not a word, but a phrase:

"Look in the mirror."
Wishful thinking. Won’t find any empirical evidence to back up that “smart ass” move. Good luck checking my posts. I never tell people what to do musically, but instead I ask interestedly why they do like they do in my own threads. Some members cannot even imagine there are no x versus y debates hidden in my threads and will interpret them as such anyway, but that doesn’t count.

It is like the syllogism example, to make the rubbish work in a logical form, you will have to introduce false premises by which it will still be rubbish.


I do not even tell you what to do in my ethics test on age 16, but try it and find your own musical self.
Old 11th August 2019
  #505
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarnateX View Post
Wishful thinking. Won’t find any empirical evidence to back up that “smart ass” move. Good luck checking my posts. I never tell people what to do musically, but instead I ask interestedly why they do like they do in my own threads. Some members cannot even imagine there are no x versus y debates hidden in my threads and will interpret them as such anyway, but that doesn’t count. I do not even tell you in my ethics test on age 16, but try it and find your own musical self.
This has nothing to do with any wish on my part. I'm just pointing out the notion of someone who thinks their way is always best - well, in this thread that seems to fit you best, in no part due to your inconsiderate hijacking of it, and airing every single grievance you can think of.

That's all...no more no less, just that to me you're describing yourself in the question you posed.

I don't get what ethics have anything to do with it. I assume everyone is sincere, and should be afforded benefit of the doubt as far as verisimilitude goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarnateX View Post
But on a somewhat smaller scale, what is the english word for a person who thinks his ways of doings things are always the best ways and thus that everyone else should do it the same way? I get some wierd suggestions when searching, e.g. narcissicm, which is way too heavy an expression. Any suggestions?
2
Share
Old 11th August 2019
  #506
Lives for gear
 
IncarnateX's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
just that to me you're describing yourself in the question you posed
Well, that does not get to me. You see with neither empirical nor even anecdotal examples to back that up, it is false according to simple laws of logic. Rest is to be considered emotional expressions only, and they are non-specific and may tell more about the person that expresses them than their targets.

Like your "hijack" expression. I can hardly hijack a thread where nothing is going on, can I? Seemingly it was already over when I made my "shtpile" joke, and the rest is basically members responding to me, as if they couldn't just mute me or simply stay away if that is what they really wanted.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
I don't get what ethics have anything to do with it.
You do not see any ethical question in insisting that people should change their musical ways or opinions or scolding them for being naive, irrational etc. etc. if they have certain views or reasons that is not compatible with your own? And especially if they feel good about their ways, anyway? You do not think a musical community should be about inspiring- and not dissing each other? Learn something about the wonderful diversity of music? Fine, but rejecting this is still an ethical statement to me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
I assume everyone is sincere, and should be afforded benefit of the doubt as far as verisimilitude goes.
Agree, but even a fanboi is not a troll per definition, neither is someone who insist his ways should be everyone's. They can be quite sincere but that does not make their views and arguing less ethical according to my stand on the matter. And my stand is not a command, hardly a suggestion, but just my stand, and I have apparently been granted the right to express it in so far that the report orgy has not changed a thing.
Old 11th August 2019
  #507
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarnateX View Post
Well, that does not get to me. You see with neither empirical nor even anecdotal examples to back that up, it is false according to simple laws of logic. Rest is to be considered emotional expressions only and they are non-specific and may tell more about the person that express them than their target.

Like your "hijack" expression. I can hardly hijack a thread where nothing is going on, can I? Seemingly it was already over when I made my "****pile" joke and the rest is basically members responding to me, as if they couldn't just mute me or simply stay away if that is what they really wanted.
You seem to lack a self awareness gene.

You somehow make everything about "you"...you know what I mean? Just by the tone and frequency of your post storms indicates a certain semblance of "hijacking"; it kinda fits the description.

By chance do you suffer from narcissistic personality disorder? No offense, you seem to exhibit the characteristics.
4
Share
Old 11th August 2019
  #508
Lives for gear
 
IncarnateX's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
You seem to lack a self awareness gene.

You somehow make everything about "you"...you know what I mean? Just by the tone and frequency of your post storms indicates a certain semblance of "hijacking"; it kinda fits the description.

By chance do you suffer from narcissistic personality disorder? No offense, you seem to exhibit the characteristics.
Even if I was hijacking a dying thread, it could be for all other purposes than telling people what to do musically. There is no straight line between the two. Non-sequitur.

It could be for trolling for that matter, by which I would have succeeded now, where you have nothing left than angry emotions and insults to offer me. This is usually what is at risk if you break down people's "reasons" in terms of rationality: People may get sad. Like you are now. Sometimes it may be appropriate, sometimes not. I do not want you to get sad but it does illustrate what you may do to musicians if you attack their reasons for doing what they do. I am just tired of seeing this everywhere, and that is why I oppose it.

As said, it is but my opinion and by allowing myself to express it, I am at least making a little contribution to freedom of speech and democracy.
Old 11th August 2019
  #509
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarnateX View Post
Even if I was hijacking a dying thread, it could be for all other purposes than telling people what to do musically. There is no straight line between the two. Non-sequitur.

It could be for trolling for that matter, by which I would have succeeded now, where you have nothing left than angry emotions and insults to offer me. This is usually what is at risk if you break down people's "reasons" in terms of rationality: People may get sad. Like you are now. Sometimes it may be appropriate, sometimes not. I do not want you to get sad but it does illustrate what you may do to musicians if you attack their reasons for doing what they do. I am just tired of seeing this everywhere, and that is why I oppose it.

As said, it is but my opinion and by allowing myself to express it, I am at least making a little contribution to freedom of speech and democracy.
Yeah, you pretty much admit to it...whatever.

BTW, I'm not angry at all. I'm pretty chill, got a nice buzz going...and in no way am I trying to infringe on your freedom of speech, no more than would I unto myself by limiting the expressing of my thoughts.

As far as the insults, you seem like a though dude, no? They weren't that harsh, were they?
1
Share
Old 11th August 2019
  #510
Lives for gear
 
IncarnateX's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
Yeah, you pretty much admit to it...whatever.

BTW, I'm not angry at all. I'm pretty chill, got a nice buzz going...and in no way am I trying to infringe on your freedom of speech, no more than would I unto myself by limiting the expressing of my thoughts.

As far as the insults, you seem like a though dude, no? They weren't that harsh, were they?
I do not admit anything. A seering joke is not necessarily made for trolling, but could as well be made for having a laugh if people get the foolishness of it and are not disturbed by Poe's Law, partly due to their own heavy bias.

And no, you do not get to me in any way. I am a happy person and have lots of surplus for that kind of emotions. You have only compassion from me coming your way, and maybe pity too depending on how far you are offended by my existence.

Remember, though, that basically we are constantly during the Turing test when writing on the net. Thus, one should be aware that negative emotions may be invoked by nothing by your own interpretations of strings of letters that in principle could be randomly generated by a clever made machine.
Topic:
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump