The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
mekanik does amsterdam
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

mekanik does amsterdam

allright mekanik does amsterdam. again.

this is gonna be a long ass post!!!!!

so i would like to tell all you guys of my summer trip to the dam. i was there for a week.
and this time i made sure to go so i could go out on a weekend. because amsterdam is not like berlin where all days are saturdays.
in berlin the good clubs open on midnight thursday and close at lunch on monday if you didn't know.
not so in the dam.

i will try to review the weed/the clubs/the music and the town.

---------------------

lets start with the weed. I arrived very late on a regular day so my first stop was greenhouse and barneys since they are close to the train station. even with 20kg luggage.

from barneys i got: 1g g13 haze weed. and a pure pre-rolled J of utopia haze. wanted to get dr grinspoon pure sative but it was finsished and they would not ever get it again.

from greenhouse i got: 2g white widow hash (had to come back another day to get it). 2pc 0,33gram cakes, 1g amnesia haze. i specifically asked them what their most mindphucking psychoactive weed was. and they told me amnesia haze. so i got that.

from dampkring in the centre i got: 1 prerolled J of pure super silver haze.

abraxas: 3 pure Js of white widow, abraxas has the best widow Js imo. and they one of the only shops that sell widow.

then another shop i cant remember 1g widow weed in glass container.

grasje in utrecht (another town): 1g pineapple punch.

Now this might seem excessive but we were 2 people here. 2.

---------------

lets review the weed!

best weed was the dampkring prerolled super silver haze. even if i had done everything else i bought at the same time it would not have been better than the SSH. no ****.
2 tokes and you were out in space. as it should be!! i expected this from all the weed. but this did not happen.

barneys g13 haze: this weed was very very slow to come on maybe 30 minutes. and i was in a club doing it. and i felt it was to slow to drop kinda. the effect was good. 4 tokes of my pipe about 0,4g had me puking in my hotel later. and walking like a ****ing drunk all over the place for like 2km back home. lol. it must have looked nice. i got supremely wasted of this though. wanted to come on faster though.

utopia haze from barneys: it was so so to be honest. this is one of their flagship strains. i just didn't get wasted enough of it.

greenhouse white widow hash. i ate this between 2 chocholate pieces then added 8g omega3 capsules since it only works if there is fat involved. otherwise it wont work. i simply made thin sheets out of it and put between 2 pieces of chocolate. easier to chew. it was really nice. first time i did 0,6g and it was very nice. second time i did 1,2g and it was nicer. the greenhouse crew avoided me to do over 0,5g but i was very glad i did. at 1g or so it becomes very good. you still need to do the fat thing for it to work. at this time my friend did the cakes. he did one 0,33g cake on time. and he got completely wasted but he is a light weight. i'd say 2 cakes is good imo!

greenhouse amnesia haze. i was expecting to get so phucked here i cant believe it. and that did not happen at all. it was quite potent but not any more than any of the other strains. and it was not better.

dampkring ssh: well i did 2 tokes of it on my way home from some club. and it was totally fukking massive. best weed i smoked there by far. i also did 2 tokes of it in utrecht and it was just as good.

abraxas white widow Js: these were very good. maybe the next best ones after ssh. 2 tokes and you were flying. and all music became magic. very nice.

for reference i have grown weed for 8 years continually, even strains no one thought would be possible to do indoors, i was the first. my favs are WW and original haze from seedsman/flying dutchmen, there are no better stuff than this imo. but they need long durations under metal halide lights, (not hps), that give lots of unfiltered strong UV light. the haze is 6 months indoors. it actually never stops flowering its like a 3 year strain.
So yes i can accurately judge the qual in the dam. and its mostly done for speed and weight imo. otherwise everything would be at least twice as potent. imo.

-----------------------

clubs and music.

went to club NL 2 times: its in the city centre. and it was very good. they are closed on tuesdays thats it. every other day they are open and they usually run some type of techno or techhouse.
on NL they have a very good smoking room where you can smoke whatever the F you want. its located right on the dance floor. they also have sofas with tabled right on the dance floor. sofas thay you can lay down on and chill. yet still hear the music at full blast. I think this one of the better clubs in the dam. very recommended!

--

shelter: its on the other side, "above" the river. takes maybe 15-20 minutes by cab from the center. th9is place was a real club but they had no place to sit. if you wanted to sit down you had to go to the 100m2 smoking room. this club was also very very dark. and no flash photography was allowed and they taped up the flash on your phone when you went in. they played minimal house when i was there and it was awsome. did liberty haze thet night. recommended!
when i was there it was supposedly the best amsterdam djs playing. their best ****! capaqcity maybe 300.

--

marktkantine: this was a lot more commercial in feel than shelter. its was much lighter and bigger, capacity maybe 1000. and as said it was much lighter. no darkness at all. but the music was good and banging.
thje smoking room was outside and they had tables there. and everyone had fun outside.

one thing though. when we went inside we had to empty our pockets on a table. and not being stupid i didn't put my prerolled J up there. but i did put my cig pack with my metal pipe filled with amnesia haze there. and all the sudden all guards was interested in what i had in there. so they radioed another guard to take a closer look at it and i thought i was going to jail or something. i had to open my pipe and show the guard it was weed inside. and then suddenly he let me inside and he also pat me down feeling my J out back that i didn't put up for show. this was also the only place you had to show what you had. the rest of the places pat you down but they dont care about Js and pipes, only weapons. i went iside with 3 differnt kinds of weed. and my friend who was stupid went inside with his white widow J. he put it on the table and i guess they had to take it then.

Yeah this was also very good place. close at 6 or so on fri/saturdays. or when people leave. god banging techno when i was there. and tech house.

--

john doe. this is on rembrantplein. this was on a tuesday and since club Nl was closed i went there to get wasted. this day they only had open the top floor. and it was not very many people there. maybe 20. but they diod have a smoke room. and the music was good. i smoked the g13 haze here and i got ape **** wasted there. and could not walk straight back home. and when i got homemi puked like a maniac. hahahahah
but it was nice there. they also have the "undrground" or similar on the weekends.

clubs i didn't go to:
claire. is just next to john doe. the line was too long. like 1h
de school. didn't know if we would get inside. sounded berlinish at the door.
melkweg. the line was simply too long. maybe 1,5h to get inside. fuk that.

--------------------

the town:

amsterdam is like its frozen in time like 200 years ago. all these narrow streets and small shops everywhere.
i love it. its so cozy and nice. and everywhere you go people are smoking weed. best city in europe!! I think one would have to go there to really experience it. i love it. but i can extract almost everythig it has to offer too. day and night.

I also went to utrecht one day, meeting one of the members here, lets just call him john smith. and utrecht was even more cozy and nice. its much smaller and the strets are much much narrower and cooler. and they have smaller canals and such. its a trippier town by far i can tell you that... but its really quite big anyway, but its a mini dam. awesome place.

we smoked SSH down next to the water at one of the inner canals. it was so dreamy and nice i alsmost **** my pants now when i think back of it. i think this was the best place imo.
they also had good coffeeshops there. with some of the most real and original people, i had lots of fun there. if felt like i knew them and had known them for life. doesn't get much better than that.
they also had one of the biggest goddamn vapourizers i have ever seen, even in pics, right on the table there. and we were discussing if i could or could not take one of these with me as hand luggage on the plane this was fukking gold. i can tell you that. lol. some of the best times of my life recently goddamn. aaah.

-----------

regrets:

i do have one regret. one day i went hunting for good speciality metal pipes and i was lead to the shop "magic mushrooms" somewhere in the centre. they had good pipes. the best ones actually and the best prices. like 50% cheaper than the rest of the places on the "headshop street". And at that place they sold mushroom substitutes. shrooms are illegal not in the netherlands. but sclerotia is not. sclerotia is whats grows in the ground before the mushroom deciedes to grow above ground. and supposedly you can just simply force the shrooms to never grow and always stay below the ground. this is sclerotia.

so i went in there talking to one of the guys in the store and he told me i needed to do like 10g (fresh) of the most potent strain for me to feel like 3g of cubensis shrooms (which i have done before).
So i kinda regret not actually doing 10g of the most potent schroom sclerotia strain. i think if felt too dangerous. but if i had 20g right now i would gladly do them. go figure.

yeah i think this is my onlt regret with this trip. because i know what shrooms does to you. it matures your brain. it fixes your brain. its the best medicine of the entire wold. i feel stupid not actually doing them not. i would have been "cured" for like 5 years after this. muddafukkah!! yeah its easy to be wise after the fact right.

hope you like it!

amsterdam is good adventure, one of the best actually.

Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
allright mekanik does amsterdam. again.

this is gonna be a long ass post!!!!!

so i would like to tell all you guys of my summer trip to the dam. i was there for a week.
... quote shortened ....
TL;DR

Last edited by Reptil; 29th July 2019 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: -
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

i also want to kinda tell you that greenhouse super lemon haze is very very potent. i did that least year and went to the red light. and it was maybe the most mindphucking experience i have ever experienced lately (5 years), it was just so profound and deep. i had a guy "managing" me that day though (and this is good idea). get super lemon haze if you can. best **** they have!!

Now i did this last year so i had no need to do this exact strain again. but in retrospect i should have gotten this again. obviously.
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddoggie View Post
TL;DR
it was the shortest i could possibly make it. trust me.
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

you should read it. i think its actually good. as opposed to almost everything i post here.
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
it was the shortest i could possibly make it. trust me.
You are the man mate! I was just being silly cos you stated up front 'long post' and I couldn't help myself - Dog knows I've tried .... I will read it now since you appreciate what I posted in the spirit with which it was intended. I'll reply in a few days after I get through it all.
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddoggie View Post
You are the man mate! I was just being silly cos you stated up front 'long post' and I couldn't help myself - Dog knows I've tried .... I will read it now since you appreciate what I posted in the spirit with which it was intended. I'll reply in a few days after I get through it all.

you muddahfukkah yiou, you are tricking me.

hahahahahahahah
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

i should have known
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

also if anyone have any technical questions and maybe non technical ones i'm happy to answer them. as good as i can.
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
yeah i think this is my onlt regret with this trip. because i know what shrooms does to you. it matures your brain. it fixes your brain. its the best medicine of the entire wold. i feel stupid not actually doing them not. i would have been "cured" for like 5 years after this. muddafukkah!! yeah its easy to be wise after the fact right.
These are facts.

Good write up!
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle View Post
These are facts.

Good write up!
hope you liked it. everything is 100% truth.
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Where was my call? I live in Utrecht.

You are right about Amsterdam being the best city in Europe. Only Copenhagen gets close IMO.
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
Where was my call? I live in Utrecht.

You are right about Amsterdam being the best city in Europe. Only Copenhagen gets close IMO.

you live in utrecht??

m,uddafukkah!!!!

then we should have obviously met up. and if i'm not mistaking we still can do that. since i'm planning on going back. meeting "john smith".

utrecht is probably the most surreal place i have ever been to or even seen in pics. its the best **** i have evert ever seen. i'm almost creaming my pants just thinking about it.

we have to decide something man! i can come back. no problem.very no problem for me.
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

you live in utrecht??

m,uddafukkah!!!!

then we should have obviously met up. and if i'm not mistaking we still can do that. since i'm planning on going back. meeting "john smith".

utrecht is probably the most surreal place i have ever been to or even seen in pics. its the best **** i have evert ever seen. i'm almost creaming my pants just thinking about it.

we have to decide something man! i can come back. no problem.very no problem for me.
When deciding on a place to live it was either Utrecht, Amsterdam or Rotterdam but immediately fell in love with Utrecht as soon as I got there. Drinks and a long lunch while sitting on the main canal is just superb.

BTW, I think I know who John Smith is
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

in think you did a good decision there man. utrecht is the place to be. the most goddamn best place to be in the entire world.
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
in think you did a good decision there man. utrecht is the place to be. the most goddamn best place to be in the entire world.
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

maybe we shoukld do a 3 party meet at some coffeeshop??that would be awesome. so ****ing awsome.
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

When I first went to Amsterdam I swear they organised the prostitutes into categories like a nice DVD collection.. blonde, brunette, dwarf, ethnic minorities... do they still do that?
Old 19th July 2019
Gear Maniac
Amnesia hase is really crazy sh*t. For shrooms, ams is not best place to do that. Get into the forest, take 15g of truffles and enjoy thd ride
Old 19th July 2019
Gear Guru

Love the Dam, went 5 times when I lived in the UK, there's something magical about that place.. I won't go into my 'experiences' there it would take several pages of text to explain what happened..
Old 27th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshz View Post
Amnesia hase is really crazy sh*t. For shrooms, ams is not best place to do that. Get into the forest, take 15g of truffles and enjoy thd ride
for future reference do you think 15g of the strongest ones is the way to go?
or 10g?

i have not done shrooms in like 15 years. and then i did 3g dried psilocybe cubensis (unknown strain, the most commercial one i guess) and that was very controllable for me. it was really mindphucking though. but still not over the top for me. psychologically speaking.

I was a a bit worried this time, but my friend has been a sitter for many times and know how it all works. he is very experienced. but he did not want to do shrooms. so we did weed instead. together.

^^^^^^

regarding the amnesia haze I had searched for many hours reading many reviews and stuff online before i decieded on this one. but i was not really satisfied with the potency nor the high. the high was not enough mindphucking, and it was a 4 toke strain. with everything i had read i expected this to be a max 2 toke strain.

but i know quality varies and deadlines have to be met, this a business and all in ams. if i had grown that it would have been a 2 toke strain no sh1t.

for reference i think ww is a 2 toke strain (if grown for potency). and if you smoke it all day long for 6 months then it turns into a 3 toke strain.
og haze is a 1 toke strain, or maybe i should say 2 half tokes. since no one in existence can do a real full toke of og haze. your brain will simply prevent this from happening half way through. so you have to do 2 half ones. and og haze after 6 months turn in a 2 toke strain. and it will never ever go less "potent" no matter for how long you smoke it.

But this is with metal halide lights and no uv-shielding glass. and you have to use the mh lights that are glass capsule not aluminum-oxide since al-ox shield out almost all uv-light already at the very source. rememeber the cannabinoids and the terpenes (the thing that actually shape the high) are sunscreen for the seed sites of the plant, and they are trying to protect the seeds from uv. the more uv you put in there the more they produce sunscreen. and the more wasted you get....

this has been known for at least 25-30 years though. so its no news.

but i can tell you one thing about og haze. this is a very very psychoactive strain. in many cases much "worse" than real psychedelics.

almost everyone that smoked og haze back in the day like 15 years ago. no matter how "hardcore" there thought they were, all of them, 100% thought they were going to die. LOL.

its the only weed that should come with a warning triangle imo. hahahahaha.

but i liked it. i smoked it every day. several times a day. the trick with it was to overcome the half toke syndrome. your brain says no, it REALLY REALLY says no but now you have to take another half toke, otherwise you will end up in paranoia hell.

in amsterdam the only weed that actually does what og haze does (that i have tried) psychologically speaking is the greenhouse super lemon haze. but i guess ymmv with potency. whn i smoked it, it was a 3-4 toke strain. but when you had taken those 4 it was same effect as og haze. and it smells just the same. earthy pu55y lemon citrus. I went to greenhouse and smelled all their strains and just went for the one that smelled most similar to og haze. and it was the super lemon haze.

it was so weird. i did this weed knowing the effect, and did like twice as much as needed then i told my friend to guide me through redlight. and it was the mmost phucked up thing i have ever experienced. hahahahA god damn. hahahah

you know; it was completely quiet there (but it really isn't i now know). and everything was so screwed and "wrong" i cant even begin to tell you. if you have any agoraphobia this is for you lol. i think i actually got agoraphobia from this experience though. it went over soon though. this is the paranoia master of the dam. but you just have do do one more toke and it goes away. well most of it goes away at least. this is not for amateurs. its a very friendly enviroment so you can get away with more para strains than at home usually.

````````````

**** yeah i almost forgot i smoked nevilles haze from dampkring, got a whole g of this. and did this mostly in the daytime in the dam. and it was the least dramatic "up" strain i have ever smoked somehow. i was expecting good stuff but it was only so so. 4-5 toke strain imo. never got trippy either. but never ever even the slightest paranoid either. and never really good either.

if you read reviews on this you expect some mighty powerful sh1t to happen. but that did not happen. i'd say its very mild. but this was just the stuff i got when i was there. so ymmv. could be 10 times more potent too i feel if you are lucky.

^^^^^^^^^^

amsterdam is a magical place since you can smoke all these types of weed right there in the street if you want to.

but to me the real magic comes from you being allowed to smoke weed inside a real club, legally (well) at least no one says anything and no cops will come. and many times right at the dance floor. So you can listen to banging fukking **** right at the dance floor high. and its accepted and even expected that that you will be high, and they adjust the music to this. this is the real magic.

this is why club nl is the most magic in my eyes. since they have sofas right at the dance floor. so you can sit down and chill out wasted. and no one else can provide that.

best sh1t ever. completely priceless.
Old 27th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
Love the Dam, went 5 times when I lived in the UK, there's something magical about that place.. I won't go into my 'experiences' there it would take several pages of text to explain what happened..
please do
Old 27th July 2019
I got searched leaving Edinburgh for the Dam, then got searched coming back...gun running supposedly
Old 27th July 2019
Lives for gear

you always get searched leaving amsterdam. you can be the king of moldavia you will still get searched.

basically you cannot bring drugs with you home... and they will see to that already in the dam. at the airport. no surprise there really.
Old 27th July 2019
Lives for gear

are you playing the profiling card??
Old 27th July 2019
Lives for gear

well i also feel they profiled me, all times. i'm a white male in my 30ies. those racist fukkers!! and they were all white too.
Old 27th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
need you in this thread man, i miss you.
Old 27th July 2019
Quote:
are you playing the profiling card??
No, I was running guns
Old 27th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
No, I was running guns
so how many glocks and aks were you able to smuggle?
Old 27th July 2019
As many as I could fit in my hollow legs!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search