The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
mekanik does amsterdam
Old 27th July 2019
Lives for gear

thats good!
Old 27th July 2019
Lives for gear

i smuggled a wooden leg and a parrot. in my underwear. it definitely did not show up on the terahertz scanner you have to go though. no one asked any questions either.

i can tell you a little story. i had a bus ticket in my front pocket of my pants. and went trough the scanner. and they selected me for manual pat down. and they pat me down good. better than a berlin club actually. going inside my pants between my belt and stomach. doing the whole 11 yards there. and they said i had something. and they pat me down again. then they found the bus ticket. and looked at me strangely while sliding it up. do you have something here??? yeah maaaaaybe. i knew goddamn well i had a ticket there. but i kinda wanted to test the system. a bus ticket is made out of paper. and its quite thin. its not silk paper or anything. but still quite thin paper. and the terahertz scanner found it. it had not problems with that and the staff just wanted to see exactly what i was smuggling.

and they do the same with the bags!! no sh1t. you can bet your ass.
Old 27th July 2019
Lives for gear

you are noit taking jack **** out of that place i can tell you that. at least not on/in your body.

now if you were to hide a key of blow up your ass hidden in a vase maybe they would not be able to detect it. but who knows.
Old 27th July 2019
Lives for gear

Enjoyed the read, haven't been to Amsterdam in far too long, but it's a beautiful city and one day I'll be back. In the good old days you could get away with smoking up in New York clubs too. You can probably get away with it now too.
Old 27th July 2019
Lives for gear

thats cool trick fall! no such sh1t here though. not even close. and i want to be free. so i have to go away doing it.
Old 27th July 2019
Lives for gear

the only countries i think i can go completely "full out" not really holding back at all, is probably spain, portugal (for sure), norway (oslo only), holland, most likely whole switzerland, berlin germany (fo sho). thats it. there is nothing more. i dont feel safe anywhere else doing "my thing". not even in my home country (lived in oslo though for a few years) so for me going to holland and amsterdam is like going to heaven. and fukn staying there!!! you would not believe.
Old 27th July 2019
Lives for gear

I’m there right now, don’t know what type of weed that was I had at “Resin coffee shop” yesterday but I couldn’t get in my room using my card it was like cracking a safe whilst my wife kept saying we’ve got the wrong room and shouting all random numbers at me of what room she thought we were stopping in, probably of been a funny sight for any on lookers.
Old 27th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
I’m there right now, don’t know what type of weed that was I had at “Resin coffee shop” yesterday but I couldn’t get in my room using my card it was like cracking a safe whilst my wife kept saying we’ve got the wrong room and shouting all random numbers at me of what room she thought we were stopping in, probably of been a funny sight for any on lookers.
On my first visit there we got in before check in time at our hotel so we just dropped our bags off, got breakfast and then stopped at a coffee shop. It was a grey dreary day when we went in, but while we were sitting there smoking the sun suddenly came out and everything went technicolor. After we left the shop we walked around for what felt like hours trying to figure out how to get back to our hotel. I was completely dumbfounded and swore we didn't make any turns, but wound up back where we started. In the end we grabbed a taxi and he drove us all of about five hundred feet and had a laugh at us. I also later realized we were just circling the same canal. Good times....
Old 27th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick fall View Post
On my first visit there we got in before check in time at our hotel so we just dropped our bags off, got breakfast and then stopped at a coffee shop. It was a grey dreary day when we went in, but while we were sitting there smoking the sun suddenly came out and everything went technicolor. After we left the shop we walked around for what felt like hours trying to figure out how to get back to our hotel. I was completely dumbfounded and swore we didn't make any turns, but wound up back where we started. In the end we grabbed a taxi and he drove us all of about five hundred feet and had a laugh at us. I also later realized we were just circling the same canal. Good times....
Lol brilliant, my 3rd time here
Old 27th July 2019
Lives for gear

The title of the thread reads like the marquee of an adult entertainment movie house. Sadly disappointed mekanik.
Old 27th July 2019
Lives for gear
Love the thorough review.

Well done.

Yeah, great city. Only been once, myself.
Old 28th July 2019
Gear Maniac
You have to try psyfi open air festival, which also takes place in NL (north of). All the same, but outdoors. And the best thing i love there: they have psycare "service". Very experienced and friendly people who will help you to figure out your "bad" trip (i know there are no bad trips)

The truffles i did recently were Pandora from Zamnesia. 15g are more or less similar to 5g of dried shrooms. Very strong visuals, pretty shizophrenic, but still with control. We could take ovet clothes , shoes and take a walk through the forest. Being there was real magic.
Old 28th July 2019
Lives for gear

This is in the wrong forum... and pre-rolled joints are for noobs and tourists
Old 28th July 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
please do
The short version of just one trip involed a scottish hooker, obtaining an envelope of white powder from her boyfriend later that evening, me thinking it was one thing,.. but it wasn't and the way I found out was by doing a huge wet thumb dab of it into my mouth... << yeah right..

The next 2 to 3 days were,.. how shall I put this.. ?!

abstractly hectic ..

If anyone has ever tried to reconcile a weekend away to another country trying to make their way back from Holland to the UK through customs, catching ferry's and trains busses etc whilst doing probably 50 to 100 times the 'suggested' dose of what was likely a super hallucinogen, possibly DOm or STP or another unidentifiable research chemical,.. then they would know what I went through.

There was a lot of batting away flying dragons and hiding from red eyed matrix style cameras that were simply everywhere I looked, the occaisional asking complete strangers to roll their super long tongues back into their mouths when on the tube, mixed with a bit of semi naked traffic dodging, down Manor park road in the middle of winter...

you get the idea..
Old 28th July 2019
Lives for gear

Something to watch when you’re in your next psychedelic haze......

Old 28th July 2019
Lives for gear

To be a good coffee shop, it must have a pool table. Or 2.

Have the Dutch changed their regional laws back again? Really annoying how non-Dutch people could no longer buy weed in a coffee shop in Venlo but still do so in Kerkrade.
Old 29th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebase DMX View Post
and pre-rolled joints are for noobs and tourists
Not where I’m from
Old 29th July 2019
Lives for gear

Why is this thread still here?
Old 29th July 2019
Lives for gear

Thank you for this uplifting and humorous post.
I laughed my a** off at the OP and the replies.

I only have one question..did you try smokin anything through a midi or usb pipe?
Old 29th July 2019
Lives for gear
That's so silly. Pre-rolls are hella convenient when you're oot and aboot. More a spontaneous solution than anything, in my, ahem, experience.
Old 29th July 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage View Post
Not where I’m from
Username checks out.
Old 29th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
That's so silly. Pre-rolls are hella convenient when you're oot and aboot. More a spontaneous solution than anything, in my, ahem, experience.
Are you actually Scottish?
Old 29th July 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtohaveajuno View Post
Are you actually Scottish?
Sort of (genetically, but not officially).

What made you ask that?

(I almost answered: No, a Meat Popsicle)
Old 29th July 2019
Lives for gear

Pre-rolled joints... come on,that is lazy and asking to be ripped off. Anyway, get a vaporizer to experience the next level of herbal delights and avoid lung cancer.
Old 29th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sort of (genetically, but not officially).

What made you ask that?

(I almost answered: No, a Meat Popsicle)
"Oot and aboot" is something I'd say on a near daily basis!
Old 29th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I only have one question..did you try smokin anything through a midi or usb pipe?
My dab rig is usb.
Old 29th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
my favs are WW and original haze from seedsman/flying dutchmen, there are no better stuff than this imo.
You need to come visit the west coast. Out here all that stuff is mid shelf strains. These days for top shelf and exotics, it's all about the dozens of OGs (Ocean grown), the Cookies, and the Glues. Last bud I grabbed was Grape God, a cross between Grape Ape, and Gods Gift - 29.4 percent thc, smelled like grape koolaid and was so purple it was almost black.

But honestly these days, it's all about the concentrates for me.
Old 29th July 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtohaveajuno View Post
"Oot and aboot" is something I'd say on a near daily basis!
Oh, ha,ha no - to me that's a Canadianism that I picked up from those hosers back in college / at uni, but maybe they picked it up from you guys/the motherland originally. I womder.
Old 29th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh, ha,ha no - to me that's a Canadianism that I picked up from those hosers back in college / at uni, but maybe they picked it up from you guys/the motherland originally. I womder.
Definitely - most of them left from here!
Old 29th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblade View Post
You need to come visit the west coast. Out here all that stuff is mid shelf strains. These days for top shelf and exotics, it's all about the dozens of OGs (Ocean grown), the Cookies, and the Glues.
I disagree, completely! west coast =hot air!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search