The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Help finding the proper publisher
Old 5th June 2019
Here for the gear

Help finding the proper publisher

After doing a bit of research I'm looking for a mini-major publisher and do an administration agreement. Any recommendations would be great because several Google searches later I didn't find any business names aside from one really old site.

I'm an indie artist about to release my first solo album. I did everything on the album aside from mastering and part of the mixing. Hope that helps!

-Ethan
Old 11th June 2019
Don’t the PRO in your region handle this?
Old 29th June 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Don’t the PRO in your region handle this?
I'm a part of ASCAP, but I'm looking for a publishing company to find me commercials/TV shows etc to feature my tunes on (possibly). This is from a tune core article "some music publishers focus on the use and exploitation of the copyrights they administer by securing opportunities in the form of ‘sync licenses’ for film, TV, ads, video games, etc." Unfortunately they don't list any way to find said publishers. A producer friend turned me on to this idea because he got a similar outfit to find him a TV show and commercial spot for one of his songs and has made 7 grand in the last few years. He sent me a link to his publisher, but I don't just want to settle on the first one I'm shown.
Old 30th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanstarkey View Post
I'm a part of ASCAP, but I'm looking for a publishing company to find me commercials/TV shows etc to feature my tunes on (possibly). This is from a tune core article "some music publishers focus on the use and exploitation of the copyrights they administer by securing opportunities in the form of ‘sync licenses’ for film, TV, ads, video games, etc." Unfortunately they don't list any way to find said publishers. A producer friend turned me on to this idea because he got a similar outfit to find him a TV show and commercial spot for one of his songs and has made 7 grand in the last few years. He sent me a link to his publisher, but I don't just want to settle on the first one I'm shown.
Right - I would say “you and the rest of the music making world!” here.

It’d certainly be nice for this to happen.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search