The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Queen and Adam-What do you think?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Queen and Adam-What do you think?

I saw a two hour special on Adam Lambert with Queen and I liked it.
its not Freddy but its great to see the guys play again.
What a big sound for three players.
Thoughts?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Alright then. Nobody cares
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavern View Post
Alright then. Nobody cares
He is good, but a little cookie cutter. It 's a cool tribute band. TBH I would rather have seen Queen reunite with someone like Justin Hawkins. Adam is too vanilla. I always wanted to see Queen with Chris Cornell fronting.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I think it's cool for what it is, but holy hell the prices for the North American tour are wild. Thought it would be fun to take the wife and mother-in-law who are big fans, but tickets are currently trending at $600-$1,000 even in the nosebleeds of enormous venues.

Somehow with all their success, Queen is still a bit underrated.

All four members wrote hit commercial singles. Very few bands in that club.

Also it occurred to me recently that Queen impressively owns HALF of all the bass lines that have entered the public consciousness. If you were to ask an everyman on the street to hum literally any bass line ever recorded, you would only get four responses: Under Pressure by Queen & Bowie, Another Ones Bites The Dust by Queen, Money by Pink Floyd, and maybe My Girl. That's it, there are no other pop-culture bass lines, and John Deacon wrote half of them.

Please tell me if I've missed one, I am keeping a literal list on my phone, haha.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Queen was Freddie, so I don't know what this guys think they are doing.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiPiatra View Post
Queen was Freddie, so I don't know what this guys think they are doing.
It really was the 4 of them to be fair. None of them did anything notable on their own, not even Freddie.
The vast majority of Queen's hits were written by May and Deacon and Taylor.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I think Lambert has great pipes, really great singer. I just can't watch him and I'm a huuugge Queen fan. Maybe Freddie ruined me, I dunno, but I can't stand Adam Lambert as a performer, just doesn't do it for me.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

John Deacon said Queen died when Freddie died and will have nothing to do with anything like this. I wish the other two would have an ounce of decency and just stop. It's flat-out disrespectful and embarrassing. Go out and play your songs, by all means. But don't call it Queen.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischoir View Post
It really was the 4 of them to be fair. None of them did anything notable on their own, not even Freddie.
The vast majority of Queen's hits were written by May and Deacon and Taylor.
This is incorrect. Freddie by far wrote most of the singles and most of their hits.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search