The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Price is Right taping hookup?
Old 29th April 2019
Price is Right taping hookup?

ok team....my mom and i are going to LA at the end of the week for a few days and she admitted she's always wanted to go see a Price is Right taping.

so hey...any Slutz out there have a hookup? know a guy or girl? i'm thinking Monday May 6th in a perfect world.

i thank you,
marty
Old 29th April 2019
Gear Guru

apparently they have a standby ticket thing available on the "day of"

Tickets

Quote:
If you're already in Los Angeles, you can head over to the ticket booth and stand in line for audience tickets to "The Price is Right" on the day of the taping. The address is the same as the mailing address above, and the ticket booth is located at the corner of Beverly Blvd. and Fairfax Ave. On days when the show is taping, the booth opens at 7:30 a.m. but it's a good idea to get there even earlier. The line of people at the booth can get quite long rather quickly so especially if you want to be a contestant, it is imperative you arrive at least 30 minutes before the booth opens — possibly even earlier.
If your wife wants to go so bad, have her be the one to get up at the crack of dawn to stand on line!

the article also says how you can always write to them and get tickets in advance, but I think May 6 is not far enough in advance. May 6, 2020 perhaps!
Old 30th April 2019
well crap...they're on hiatus anyway. thanks friends.
Old 1st May 2019
Lives for gear

Sorry you won't be able to go.

When I was a kid the family went out to the west coast for vacation and we sat in on the taping of Hollywood Squares. I think we watched 3 games and we had dinner with the stars as my father was good friends with Peter Marshall. It was a lot of fun.
Old 1st May 2019
Gear Guru

I went to a taping of David Letterman when he was still in the 12:30 slot at NBC. My friend mixed the band's monitors and the house sound. Instead of big house PA speakers, there was a small speaker on the back of the chair in front of you. Everyone got their 'own' speaker. Low volume in the room, but clear as a bell.

What impressed me the most is that when they say the show is live to tape, they really mean it. They start at 5:30 and are done at 6:30. Zero editing. The band plays through the "commercials" and a guy with a stopwatch counts back in to the "show".

We got a tour of the audio facilities, there were 3 audio setups. One for the band's stuff and audience PA. One for the show as a whole - where the band, the audience mics, the SFX, and host and guest mics are all mixed together. And a separate tiny little booth just for the sound effects guy. Dude had a big red button in every corner of the room, plus the whole bottom 2 octaves of the keyboard, all set to trigger the Breaking Glass sound.

The band was incredible. If you ever wondered why these shows have such great bands even though they hardly every are on TV for more than a few seconds each song, it's not for the people watching at home. It's to keep the audience fired up, and man they did just that.

I did not get to meet anyone famous, but I did see Al Roker walk by in the hallway.
Old 1st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
I went to a taping of David Letterman when he was still in the 12:30 slot at NBC. My friend mixed the band's monitors and the house sound. Instead of big house PA speakers, there was a small speaker on the back of the chair in front of you. Everyone got their 'own' speaker. Low volume in the room, but clear as a bell.

What impressed me the most is that when they say the show is live to tape, they really mean it. They start at 5:30 and are done at 6:30. Zero editing. The band plays through the "commercials" and a guy with a stopwatch counts back in to the "show".

We got a tour of the audio facilities, there were 3 audio setups. One for the band's stuff and audience PA. One for the show as a whole - where the band, the audience mics, the SFX, and host and guest mics are all mixed together. And a separate tiny little booth just for the sound effects guy. Dude had a big red button in every corner of the room, plus the whole bottom 2 octaves of the keyboard, all set to trigger the Breaking Glass sound.

The band was incredible. If you ever wondered why these shows have such great bands even though they hardly every are on TV for more than a few seconds each song, it's not for the people watching at home. It's to keep the audience fired up, and man they did just that.

I did not get to meet anyone famous, but I did see Al Roker walk by in the hallway.
Cool story and also most interesting!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search