The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best Misnomers & Ignorance you've heard on a session
Old 27th April 2019
Lives for gear
Best Misnomers & Ignorance you've heard on a session

Ever have a session where someone tries to speak in studio lingo but instead trips over their shoelace into a steaming pile of hilarity?

I'll start:

"The frequencies are too high, they need to be lower"

"Can you adjust the low dB?"
Old 27th April 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMMST View Post
Ever have a session where someone tries to speak in studio lingo...
I was producing a jingle session once, and the engineer asked the trumpets for "less gain."
Old 27th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
I was producing a jingle session once, and the engineer asked the trumpets for "less gain."
He should have asked the trumpet players not to blow so hard.
Old 4 weeks ago
why can't I hear 1Hz? somebody genuinely asked me that once.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

True story: Guy walks into the pro audio showroom where I was working 35-something years ago, starts eyeing the mixing consoles...pushes the faders around on a couple, seems to become particularly interested in a large & colorful TAC Scopion desk, scrutinizes the fine print on the channel strips, the meter bridge, looks around back at the connectors, starts nodding his head approvingly in that "that is one sweet-ass mixing console" way that folks tend to do when they wander in to a pro audio showroom

...and then he turns to me, points to the desk, and asks in all seriousness "Is that a saxophone?"

Last edited by Bob Ross; 3 weeks ago at 10:29 AM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
True story: Guy walks into the pro audio showroom where I was working 35-something years ago, starts eyeing the mixing consoles...pushes the faders around on a couple, seems to become particularly interested in a large & colorful TAC Scopion desk, scrutinizes the fine print on the channels strips, the meter bridge, looks around back at the connectors, starts nodding his head approvingly in that "that is one sweet-ass mixing console" way that folks tend to do when they wander in to a pro aduio showroom

...and then he turns to me, points to the desk, and asks in all seriousness "Is that a saxophone?"
thats hilarious.

Reminds me of when clients call a rhodes a harpsichord.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I had a frequent VO client that would always nag about the levels in the DAW "looking a little low" when he came into the control room.

Tracking at 24 bit, hitting around -12 on the converters. Plenty of headroom, plenty of resolution.

I just zoomed in on the waveforms in Pro Tools...problem solved.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search