The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
One last plunge?
Old 19th March 2019
Lives for gear

One last plunge?

I have been trying for many years to have one decent song that sounds real, or professional. It's just myself (Guitar) and my singer. Everything else has been drum machines or midi drums / bass for the past 30 years.

We have tried everything, read a million posts, bought a gazillion dollars worth of gear and sold it for 1/10th what we paid.

Our last hope is to pay for studio musicians and Studio to track, mix & master one song. I would provide guitar DI's for re-amping and the vocal tracks.

We are looking at around $1000 for one song. If this doesn't work we are for sure done and out another grand. (Which really sucks)

Are we foolish for doing this? Will we finally have that elusive album quality, non home studio sound we have always wanted? I'm not sure and that's the rub..

What do you think?
Old 22nd March 2019
Lives for gear

Drop elusive album quality and just make music. What do you ultimately want out of music?
Old 22nd March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombapdame View Post
Drop elusive album quality and just make music. What do you ultimately want out of music?
I want a song or songs that sound album quality. I don't really care if I get one listen, just a personal goal.
Old 24th March 2019
Lives for gear

For what you seek, you are now on the right track. Please try not to torture yourself over it, good luck with the project, let us hear how it goes.
Old 25th March 2019
Gear Guru

For that money (or less, maybe) there are several very good Nashville demo mills who would be happy to help you.
Old 25th March 2019
Lives for gear

A good song played by skilled musicians will sound professional, easy to mix and master, easy to produce. You seem to overthink the process a bit too much instead of hearing it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search