The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What is the ONE thing you like most about GEARSLUTZ
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

What is the ONE thing you like most about GEARSLUTZ

What is the one thing you like most about Gearslutz? Is it the digging out of how certain recordings were made? Or reminiscing, making new friends, solving critical recording decisions, talking of future tech or venting etc. nothing like a good argument.

I really enjoy the recording 'theory' from people who have worked on an incredible song; as well as new ideas and crazy experiments that often get ridiculed.

"If you aren't very nervous of your goals... you aren't dreaming big enough."
Old 14th March 2019
There's something about music, at its finest, that's rebellious or insurgent or trouble-making, kind of whatever you want to call it a "thrill" factor.

To the extent that Gearslutz embodies or participates or encourages this, that's what I like best about it.
Old 14th March 2019
Deleted e999d8e
Tolerance by the moderators.

I would have been busted and banned long before on other forums.
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpatterson View Post
There's something about music, at its finest, that's rebellious or insurgent or trouble-making, kind of whatever you want to call it a "thrill" factor.

To the extent that Gearslutz embodies or participates or encourages this, that's what I like best about it.
Go rebel go.... I hear you. .... with a cause. I am always saying "What if...?"
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poinzy View Post
Tolerance by the moderators.

I would have been busted and banned long before on other forums.
I have to say that the GS Mods are truly great... I used to get lambasted for pushing the envelope. Here they engage and slowly talk me off the ledge... in a compassionate way lol.
They also let the dual venting... go... they seem to know that venting can be constructive.

What were you doing on the 83rd floor anyway?
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

being smarmy and belittling people
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

I learn stuff. I make smarter purchase decisions and fix old stuff. I make better music. The world comes together. We all live in peace and harmony.

That's the evil plan anyway.
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

Community Atmosphere.

With the occasional coffee spit humor and snarky stuff said.
Old 14th March 2019
Gear Addict

I enjoy the tips and advice that helps me create or record better music. I also really rely on Gearslutz for product reviews and experiences as I’m approaching a possible purchase.
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

Ya that has to rank up there.. how did I miss that... a true false sleazy smug ingratiating earnestment. I also look up more words on this sight. They are not all of the technical variety.
Old 14th March 2019
Gear Guru

I like that some of the discussion "makes me think," that's always a good thing.
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

I like thinking that walterS will someday return.
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

In a big pond the water can be less stagnant.
Old 14th March 2019
Gear Guru

the arguments
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo3 View Post
In a big pond the water can be less stagnant.
So true Its nice to have a 'pot stirrer' in a stagnant pond. (natural purification)
Old 14th March 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
the arguments
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

Eppstein. I think he might be a plant to keep things popping and slapping around here. Things always liven up when he jumps in.

I do miss that one guy who used to post from an alternate universe. I forget his handle. Ask what kind of strings to use, and he'd come back with something about vibration of crystals during a total solar eclipse on Europa.
Old 14th March 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRoy View Post
I learn stuff. I make smarter purchase decisions and fix old stuff. I make better music. The world comes together. We all live in peace and harmony.

That's the evil plan anyway.
That's Righteous dude!
Old 14th March 2019
The experience. Har-har-har! Cough cough... Scratching and shaking head muttering to myself.

... Just kidding!

Simply it's nice to get info on whats good for what. And whats not good of course.
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

What arguments?
Old 14th March 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybro View Post
Eppstein. I think he might be a plant to keep things popping and slapping around here. Things always liven up when he jumps in.

I do miss that one guy who used to post from an alternate universe. I forget his handle. Ask what kind of strings to use, and he'd come back with something about vibration of crystals during a total solar eclipse on Europa.
SmoothVibe

There are a few specific posters that you sort of wonder if they are a "real person" because it's so bizarre. Always love that kind of content. Makes you wonder about who is on the other end of the keyboard.
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

I wish this guy was an emoji.
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
the arguments
I disagree.
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
SmoothVibe

There are a few specific posters that you sort of wonder if they are a "real person" because it's so bizarre. Always love that kind of content. Makes you wonder about who is on the other end of the keyboard.
Smoothvibe!! yes, one in the same! Thanks, it was taxing my brain trying to recall.

In all seriousness, where else can one pose a question to a Bob Olsshan, a James Calvin Wilsey or a Ryan Freeland and get a well-considered, personal response? That's pretty cool.

And where else can you come and discuss things that only a small fraction of one percent of the people on earth know what you are talking about? Sometimes I wonder if many people here know what I'm talking about. Hell... all too often, I don't know what I'm talking about.
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybro View Post
Smoothvibe!! yes, one in the same! Thanks, it was taxing my brain trying to recall.

In all seriousness, where else can one pose a question to a Bob Olsshan, a James Calvin Wilsey or a Ryan Freeland and get a well-considered, personal response? That's pretty cool.

And where else can you come and discuss things that only a small fraction of one percent of the people on earth know what you are talking about? Sometimes I wonder if many people here know what I'm talking about. Hell... all too often, I don't know what I'm talking about.
WTF are you talking about?
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

post #27

...see if this works...
Old 14th March 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRoy View Post
I disagree.
no you don't!
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

I always have something to read in the john.
Old 14th March 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
SmoothVibe
For a long time now I've been copying and pasting bits and pieces of especially precious GS posts into a Word doc. Mr. Vibe has close to a single-spaced page all to himself. And my current sig is a Smoothvibe quote.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search