The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What is the ONE thing you like most about GEARSLUTZ
Old 24th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Stanley View Post
You know my ears muustve of been ringin' PEE-POLE! I'm back and betta than evah!

How many of you peepole like ta get licked?!
LOL - wait you have the wetter tongue than Gene... cuz he was always sticking his out!
Old 24th December 2019
Lives for gear

... and party everyday...
Attached Thumbnails
What is the ONE thing you like most about GEARSLUTZ-kiss-czapkiewicz-.jpeg  
Old 24th December 2019
Lives for gear

IIiiiiiIIII eye IiiiIiiiii wannnnnnnnna RrRrroooooccckkkk NnNN RRolllll Alll ni eee yite ...
Old 24th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Stanley View Post
Pee-pole in the back let me heeya!!!!!
WAY in the back.......
Attached Thumbnails
What is the ONE thing you like most about GEARSLUTZ-kiss-crowd-czapkiewicz-.jpeg   What is the ONE thing you like most about GEARSLUTZ-life-woodstack-czapkiewicz-.jpg   What is the ONE thing you like most about GEARSLUTZ-kiss-crowd-2-czapkiewicz-.jpeg  
Old 25th December 2019
Old 25th December 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
I really like the falling snowflakes and the Santa hat during the holidays.
Oh ya! They are back this season!

I really dig the Santa Hat!
Old 25th December 2019
Lives for gear

Hey this thread is becoming... K.I.S.S. AND Tell!
Chris
Old 26th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessparov2.0 View Post
Hey this thread is becoming... K.I.S.S. AND Tell!
Chris
I remember a construction worker saying: What is all this hype about that band "Keep it simple stupid" ... I was scratching my head...
Old 27th December 2019
Lives for gear

Was not Was, a much better Detroit band...
Old 27th December 2019
Lives for gear

Dykman just south of 211 had tons of music and Irish bars - they only let real pee pole in... and there was plenty of Poles to Pee on ya peon.... I think I see Starchild in the black and white photo... way waaaay int baaack...
Attached Thumbnails
What is the ONE thing you like most about GEARSLUTZ-dykman-bar-2-czapkiewicz-.jpg   What is the ONE thing you like most about GEARSLUTZ-dykman-bar-czapkiewicz-.jpg  
Old 1st January 2020
Lives for gear

There are folks on this forum that know their stuff and their willingness to share is the best part of GS for me. I also do like many of the threads as they provide good discussions.

The two things I would like to see less of are people being negative and unkind and also all the "What's the best....." threads. Sadly some of the folks I used to really respect have vnished from the forum - guys like Fletcher and some others. Not sure why they've disappeared but I certainly relish the ones who continue to offer knowledge.
Old 1st January 2020
Lives for gear

"What's the Best" way to do that, I wonder?
Chris
Old 1st January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
"What's the Best" way to do that, I wonder?
Chris
This forum is so much more civil than what's out there! The knowledge - thanks. Best way to do is in the road.
Old 9th January 2020
There is a lot of great information on Gearslutz. I particularly like getting tips on mic placement and application. Debates about which mic or preamp is "best" can be insightful, although I tend to dismiss absolutes. "Best" and "worst" are relative and subjective terms, requiring context.
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9xSound View Post
There is a lot of great information on Gearslutz. I particularly like getting tips on mic placement and application. Debates about which mic or preamp is "best" can be insightful, although I tend to dismiss absolutes. "Best" and "worst" are relative and subject terms, requiring context.
I totally agree. Mic placement (preamp) has been so valuable. Plus you get a few free fun arguments to boot!
Old 9th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by s wave View Post
I totally agree. Mic placement (preamp) has been so valuable. Plus you get a few free fun arguments to boot!
Arguments — gear debates — are fun as long as they remain civil, which they seem to be for the most part. Gearslutz is one of the most civil forums of any I have ever seen. I went to law school 10 years ago as an older student, expecting to find an elevated sense of decorum, dignity and refined debating skills among law students in online forums. Instead, legal forums for law students turned out to be filled with arrogant little snots who couldn't spell the word civility. It was disappointing. Thank God I was a musician for decades before contemplating the law. Musicians have less of an axe to grind, I guess.
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9xSound View Post
Arguments — gear debates — are fun as long as they remain civil, which they seem to be for the most part. Gearslutz is one of the most civil forums of any I have ever seen. I went to law school 10 years ago as an older student, expecting to find an elevated sense of decorum, dignity and refined debating skills among law students in online forums. Instead, legal forums for law students turned out to be filled with arrogant little snots who couldn't spell the word civility. It was disappointing. Thank God I was a musician for decades before contemplating the law. Musicians have less of an axe to grind, I guess.
Yes this is a relatively civil forum. And it is rare and a pleasure. Of course when hard politics/religion are off limits it makes for civility. I do think when you have a way to self evolve and express oneself (like through the creation of music) life is enriched. Many people wanted me to become a lawyer - but I could not bring myself there for what ever reason. I took the path of the rogue bohemian artist by choice... and have never regretted it. In hindsight I think taking this rough/unsure road has enlightened my mind and soul.

Grandmas used to make the use of steam valves... creating situations where a young kid (who had deep inner frustrations or anger) could get upset and let it out and move on... There is some here (not by design LOL!) but it works and the mods have their finger on the pulse. Congrats on attorney status. That is creating art while walking a high wire. I love studying the different jurisdictional laws around the world - I find that fascinating as well as patent law. Strange hobby but I love it.
Old 10th January 2020
Gear Maniac

The lack of bitching.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicus View Post
I'm sorry, I have to mention two things:

1. Staying on-topic

GS is blessedly mostly devoid of politics and social issues. Please, please, please, keep it that way.

2. Permitting anonymity

Unlike most of the big social media platforms today that are determined to know as much about you as possible and require you to publish your identity, GS still permits users to remain anonymous behind a username. Some of us are not interested in having ourselves splashed all over the internet, at least not this part of ourselves. Thank you for this.
Nowadays people of a certain disposition will run you out of restaurants, slash your tires, and try to get you fired if you disagree with them.

I may be wrong but I think that those are bad things and if anonymity helps me to avoid them, I think that that is a good thing.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Moderation with anonymity is like sliced bread. Many movers and shakers actually need it... or they do not want to engage. I hate the saying "I (let's) agree to disagree... it is usually issue framing par excellence. It is real nice to have a good discussion/argument where often one learns from it. GS is a GOOD site and handled well. It would be nice if we put a big fat OT in front some of out posts for knowingly going off topic, or SOT sorry off topic. This way the learning can be easily disseminated.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Otherwise we could be SOL, to let it go AWOL!
Chris
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Otherwise we could be SOL, to let it go AWOL!
Chris
OTOH it is often the PEPEBKAC SCNR!, WFM.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Guru

The comradery. It's nice hanging out with other losers that delude themselves into believing that they're professionals.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac
While you can't get the virus in here I do find myself 'covidus of others gear.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolavine View Post
While you can't get the virus in here I do find myself 'covidus of others gear.
LOL It seems like when kids are sent to their room they still mus vent... I think we should temporarily rename this ventslutz. Everything does serve a purpose. And when you need to air - yes it is nice to have GS! Next time let's get some good air on the condenser...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search