The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What is the ONE thing you like most about GEARSLUTZ
Old 18th March 2019
Lives for gear

Old 18th March 2019
Lives for gear
I'm sorry, I have to mention two things:

1. Staying on-topic

GS is blessedly mostly devoid of politics and social issues. Please, please, please, keep it that way.

2. Permitting anonymity

Unlike most of the big social media platforms today that are determined to know as much about you as possible and require you to publish your identity, GS still permits users to remain anonymous behind a username. Some of us are not interested in having ourselves splashed all over the internet, at least not this part of ourselves. Thank you for this.
Old 22nd March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
I like that some of the discussion "makes me think," that's always a good thing.
That's what I came to provide hence why I joined
Old 22nd March 2019
Lives for gear

I enjoy the varied opinions of members and the backstories members like @ Sigma have of working w/artists and I love the positive interactions I have had and do have w/certain members.
Old 22nd March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombapdame View Post
I enjoy the varied opinions of members and the backstories members like @ Sigma have of working w/artists and I love the positive interactions I have had and do have w/certain members.
3 cheers for Sigma...
Old 22nd March 2019
Lives for gear

I like GS mostly because reading posts here keeps me from impulse buying anything. One month after a product release, the forum posters on the topic will be positive, excited, and defensive about criticism. If I wait two months after release, GS members (electronic music forum mainly) will have shredded the product, pointed out every “missing feature” and, more importantly, discussed every bug and design flaw.

If I browse a site like gearnews I start wanting to buy all kinds of gear. But over the last few years, waiting two months before purchase and checking GS threads has influenced me enough to stop me from buying several synths (Modal 008, JD-XA, Prologue, Prophet X). Although I think my reaction to this site is opposite of the intention, the negativity here is good for my bank balance. It really is a helpful reality check.

Rock on grumpy men!
Old 22nd March 2019
Lives for gear

One of the biggest pluses for me is when I need a break from recording stuff or my day job... its nice to communicate and escape... yet it is related to what I'm doing.

Almost like a baseball pitcher needing a break from pitching, practice and theory.... so they escape by listening how an outfield shags flies.... lol haha
Old 24th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicus View Post
I'm sorry, I have to mention two things:

1. Staying on-topic

GS is blessedly mostly devoid of politics and social issues. Please, please, please, keep it that way.

2. Permitting anonymity

Unlike most of the big social media platforms today that are determined to know as much about you as possible and require you to publish your identity, GS still permits users to remain anonymous behind a username. Some of us are not interested in having ourselves splashed all over the internet, at least not this part of ourselves. Thank you for this.
1. They do keep it that way, with all costs. I have a ban for mentioning the word "Jew". I used it by quoting a famous saying from their culture, not in a deregatory way by all means, but it didn't matter.
2. There is no anonymity on Internet, the moment you're online what ever you do is recorded by something somewhere.

Best!
Old 24th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiPiatra View Post
1. They do keep it that way, with all costs. I have a ban for mentioning the word "Jew". I used it by quoting a famous saying from their culture, not in a deregatory way by all means, but it didn't matter.
2. There is no anonymity on Internet, the moment you're online what ever you do is recorded by something somewhere.

Best!
Freedom of speech is such an interesting topic. Especially in the music industry too. Say something like that in a certain genre is ok or even encouraged; while a lyric like that in another genre you can be "blue-listed" or dropped. I have heard radio announcers fumbling around to find a word to replace a simple pronoun lol like he; while on TV its used with out a care for now, The good part about it is; different regions come up with a 'new' words that have semi-hidden meanings for the work around. Its a great frontier. As English gets re-written we all have a stake in it. Jazz has always had a say in it along with Hip, Rap Punk etc. Ancient languages were often encoded such as ancient Hebrew and Lithuanian was and is still encoded. In the US rural language as well as the 'Southern' language has deeply encoded language. I often replace a singular pronoun with 'they' - I find it amusing since its so far away from what I originally wanted to say - in my head I am like 'juz figaditout'.

It seems to come out of a social/cultural need/want - but I don't like if it gets politicized. Great times for a lyricist!
Old 17th October 2019
Lives for gear

I'll go through rant phases. Gears**** might yank a post or even lock me out for a while, but they possess Christian forgiveness.

If you trip a delete in The Gear Page a couple few times, you're barred for life. And that's extra-lame because there were guys there that I could have helped but the door was locked.
Old 17th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lame pseudonym View Post
I'll go through rant phases. Gears**** might yank a post or even lock me out for a while, but they possess Christian forgiveness.

If you trip a delete in The Gear Page a couple few times, you're barred for life. And that's extra-lame because there were guys there that I could have helped but the door was locked.
Well GS is a great steam valve. I had the night stick waved at me for good cause... trying to get one more cookie out of the cookie jar when I shouldn't. But it makes for exciting life! Good that you are here now ....
Old 17th October 2019
Gear Guru

I have an old post in this thread which was accurate at the time, but not now. I can't edit it. Why?
Old 17th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
I have an old post in this thread which was accurate at the time, but not now. I can't edit it. Why?
If it's that important to you, maybe you could bribe a mod or an admin.
Old 17th October 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by s wave View Post
What is the ONE thing you like most about GEARSLUTZ
How helpful people are.

Old 17th October 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
I've had that problem too. I think there's a time limit on the option to edit a post that expires after a while has passed.
Old 17th October 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
If it's that important to you, maybe you could bribe a mod or an admin.
No, it's not that important. I just wanted to know if it's a bug or a feature.
Old 17th October 2019
Or if it's a bug AND a feature?
Old 17th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpatterson View Post
A feature.

You don't mess with history, too many intended or unintended consequences...to be able to edit within a short time frame is sensible, akin to the 5 second rule for dropped food (which I don't follow btw).
Old 17th October 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
A feature.

You don't mess with history, too many intended or unintended consequences...to be able to edit within a short time frame is sensible, akin to the 5 second rule for dropped food (which I don't follow btw).
What. You...

Give it at least 10 or 15, good for the immune system;

Leave it and try not to step in it;

Yell for the dog.
Old 17th October 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:

Yell for the dog.

This is a pretty decent example of why I like gs....
Old 17th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpatterson View Post
Like "Herbie The Car"?

Welcome back Kotter-ahem-Joel!
Chris
Old 17th October 2019
I really like the falling snowflakes and the Santa hat during the holidays.
Old 17th October 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
Snowflakes? I thought they were ashes. Around here, when the brushfires really get going we break out the toboggans.
Old 17th October 2019
Lives for gear

Every post is a snowflake - (Santa forgetting the gift list) What I like is when someone waits to the 'edit deadline' and deletes a post that now makes your post look utterly real stupid and foolish - (some excuse eh?)
Attached Thumbnails
What is the ONE thing you like most about GEARSLUTZ-snowflake-gearslutz-chenistry-world-czapkiewicz-s-wave-.jpg  
Old 17th October 2019
Lives for gear

I like that fact that for every stupid recording question I can dream of, there is some fool who has already tried it and posted about it, lol.

I really dislike when I go back through old necro threads and some of the folks who've left GS have the designation "thread starter" under their "deleted/user" name.
Old 17th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
Those damn snowflakes are a bigger CPU hog than Ozone 8!
Old 18th October 2019
Lives for gear

Freeze Mister!
Chris
Old 18th October 2019
I also like the large assortment of these little guys:

Old 18th October 2019
Lives for gear

Don't they all go to that Emoticon Convention,
in San Diego? So hard to get in!
Chris
Old 18th October 2019
Lives for gear

Mister Freeze.... and Mister Softie

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search