The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What is the ONE thing you like most about GEARSLUTZ
Old 14th March 2019
  #31
Lives for gear
 
Funny Cat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybro View Post
Eppstein. I think he might be a plant to keep things popping and slapping around here. Things always liven up when he jumps in.

I do miss that one guy who used to post from an alternate universe. I forget his handle. Ask what kind of strings to use, and he'd come back with something about vibration of crystals during a total solar eclipse on Europa.

Smoothvibe?
Old 14th March 2019
  #32
Lives for gear
 
robert82's Avatar
I lige Geersludez beecase it is a plshce to go an mage trublle wen i am drungk .
Old 14th March 2019
  #33
Gear Maniac
 
Bart Nettle's Avatar
THE HYPE!
LOL
No I like it because it has a large community and there are always new posts and often something inspiring.
Old 15th March 2019
  #34
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRoy View Post
I disagree.
Your both wrong. This is ridiculous I came here for an arguement. This is just contradiction, mere gainsay. An arguement is an intellection process to establish the facts.
Old 15th March 2019
  #35
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by geob View Post
Your both wrong. This is ridiculous I came here for an arguement. This is just contradiction, mere gainsay. An arguement is an intellection process to establish the facts.
Truth by consensus....Fake facts?


I like it because it let me become aware of common gear and recording methods to try for myself.

I learned by trial and error with no training or teaching or reading.
After recording about 1000 songs of other bands and about 50 for my own bands I only learned so much. I got good and tracking, but not at mixing.

This forum is one step at making great music & mix's vs. just being good at getting a track down.
Old 15th March 2019
  #36
Lives for gear
 
kennybro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRoy View Post
WTF are you talking about?
That's is for the reader to figure out. I go for the interactive experience.
Old 15th March 2019
  #37
Lives for gear
 
kennybro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny Cat View Post
Smoothvibe?
Yes indeed! I though maybe he'd exhumed and reincarnated himself under a different handle, but the possible candidates came and went quickly, so who knows.
Old 15th March 2019
  #38
Lives for gear
 
s wave's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegentdrum View Post
Truth by consensus....Fake facts?


I like it because it let me become aware of common gear and recording methods to try for myself.

I learned by trial and error with no training or teaching or reading.
After recording about 1000 songs of other bands and about 50 for my own bands I only learned so much. I got good and tracking, but not at mixing.

This forum is one step at making great music & mix's vs. just being good at getting a track down.
You are really twisting his words around, its Truth by Consequences --
... and muddling crap up and confusing me by always bringing up facts.
Old 15th March 2019
  #39
Lives for gear
 
kennybro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by geob View Post
Your both wrong. This is ridiculous I came here for an arguement. This is just contradiction, mere gainsay. An arguement is an intellection process to establish the facts.
Actually, these are all mere digital simulations of arguments. They bear little resemblance to analog barroom brawls.
Old 15th March 2019
  #40
Lives for gear
 
s wave's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybro View Post
Actually, these are all mere digital simulations of arguments. They bear little resemblance to analog barroom brawls.
You obviously haven't wrestled a full grown llama in an octagon cage.
The truth is always laying under a dumpster on a no moon night.
Or when a farmer says "I want to show you something around in back of the shed..."
Old 15th March 2019
  #41
Gear Guru
 
Brent Hahn's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybro View Post
Yes indeed! I though maybe he'd exhumed and reincarnated himself under a different handle, but the possible candidates came and went quickly, so who knows.
He did at least once for sure, don't recall the new name. Got nipped pretty fast.
Old 15th March 2019
  #42
Lives for gear
 

It's having experts like Klaus Heyne, or John Willett around...So I can ask them further questions on how my MXL microphones compare to Neumann's!

Nah, It's just all the cool people here (which includes Klaus and John W.) of course!
Chris
Old 15th March 2019
  #43
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybro View Post


I do miss that one guy who used to post from an alternate universe. I forget his handle. Ask what kind of strings to use, and he'd come back with something about vibration of crystals during a total solar eclipse on Europa.
I don't remember smoothvibe but the one I was gonna say was/is.............WalterS !!!!!!

I remember his post asking how to get sheets of silky smooth multitracks by using twelve separate machines..... or something like that. 86 posts later on that thread, after numerous requests for him to define wtf he was trying to get...he turned into ...a retalliating word monster. It was scary...and hilarious at the same time. That guy was a pack of great entertainment around here.

I got one of my two signatures from that wonderous thread..... and I seem to remember Jules posting a selfie, wearing a "Where's WalterS?" t-shirt.

WalterS was posting similar stuff on several major internet forums of the early 21st century and then suddenly disappeared from the planet. Whatta guy!

Those were the days.

I think most of WalterS' posts were accidentally obliterated during that big Gearslutz server wars meltdown of 2002 or whenever that was.

Maybe he came back later as smoothvibe.
Old 15th March 2019
  #44
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegentdrum View Post
Truth by consensus....Fake facts?
Ah that could hardly be further from the truth. I'm here for an arguement. Allright. Are you here for the full arguement or are you thinking of taking the course?

Old 15th March 2019
  #45
Lives for gear
 
s wave's Avatar
YouTube the other guys
Old 15th March 2019
  #46
Lives for gear
 
robert82's Avatar
Here's another thing I like about GS. Little snippets of peoples' politics have been leaking into threads recently, and I appreciate that this is a place where, for the most part, you can get away from the 24/7 political rage circus found in the comments sections of news outlets. Thanks GS, and thanks mods.
Old 15th March 2019
  #47
Lives for gear
 

GS = people who have a passionate interest in recording gear.

You can tell someone about your dream of owning a CL1B .... without them falling asleep or turning the TV on to watch a sh*tty Australian soap opera or suddenly finding the need to start checking Facebook on their mobile.
Old 15th March 2019
  #48
Lives for gear
I like the wide (and sometimes wild) range of posters. First-microphone newbies interact with two millennia veterans, flat-out crazies bounce off of professor types, the extremely rude annoy and abuse the polite (and vice-versa), “Try this!” meets “Done that!”, or “Try this!” meets “NO, NO, NO! You’ll void your warranty while creating toxic rubble!”, or “Try this!” meets “I’ll be da**ed, that actually works!”
I particularly like being able to save people some of the major money and time I wasted chasing exactly the same rabbits they think they can catch.
Old 15th March 2019
  #49
Gear Guru
 
Brent Hahn's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
I particularly like being able to save people some of the major money and time I wasted chasing exactly the same rabbits they think they can catch.
I like people here saving me money. That's happened quite a bit, and I'm not exactly a "shopper" to begin with.
Old 15th March 2019
  #50
Lives for gear
 
Jeff Hayat's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by s wave View Post
What is the one thing you like most about Gearslutz?
Your avatar.
Old 15th March 2019
  #51
Lives for gear
 
cavern's Avatar
 

The high end cable debates never get old.
The $300 interface night and day difference vs. the $350 one is good too.
So much to like.
Old 15th March 2019
  #52
Lives for gear
 
s wave's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavern View Post
The high end cable debates never get old.
The $300 interface night and day difference vs. the $350 one is good too.
So much to like.
I would like to have glass tube mic cable straight into interface a few feet. best rejection of RFI?
Old 15th March 2019
  #53
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavern View Post
The high end cable debates never get old.
The $300 interface night and day difference vs. the $350 one is good too.
So much to like.
Sheldon is confused by your post.

But we MUST see the unquestionable wisdom of recommending $100+ cables to basement-level stoners who have yanked, kicked, dropped, stomped on, and tripped over every piece of gear they’ve ever owned.
They will appreciate the sound of fairies dancing along with their music, however briefly.
Old 15th March 2019
  #54
Lives for gear
 
robert82's Avatar
Okay, okay! Got another one: Love the new members whose first post is "I have a small cube-shaped room and I can't put anything on the walls because Im renting. How can I get the best sound for mixing and mastering?" Like, at least once a week.
Old 15th March 2019
  #55
Lives for gear
 
EvilRoy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert82 View Post
Okay, okay! Got another one: Love the new members whose first post is "I have a small cube-shaped room and I can't put anything on the walls because Im renting. How can I get the best sound for mixing and mastering?" Like, at least once a week.
I just read one. Someone wants to construct a whole new building just for a 6x4 foot control room and wants to know how to treat the walls.
Old 15th March 2019
  #56
Lives for gear
 

Because it was proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt (finally)....

That analog IS better than digital!!

Thoughts?
Chris
Old 15th March 2019
  #57
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessparov2.0 View Post
Because it was proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt (finally)....

That analog IS better than digital!!

Thoughts?
Chris
ALL digital recording is available to Russian hackers. That probably explains the poor quality of most Russian contemporary music.
Old 15th March 2019
  #58
Gear Guru
 
Brent Hahn's Avatar
 

Interesting how the responses so far (incl mine) are mostly snark.
Old 15th March 2019
  #59
Lives for gear
 
vincentvangogo's Avatar
 

For me it would have to be the digital v analogue debates, they are always so good-natured and just seem to bring out the best in people.
Old 15th March 2019
  #60
Lives for gear
 

All snark and no byte made Jack a dull boy!
(but Brent's a sharp guy-who lives on the edge of town)

WalterS for President 2020! Let the GS Crowdfunding begin...
Chris
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump