The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Package stolen before I got home, what happens next?
Old 21st February 2019
Here for the gear

Package stolen before I got home, what happens next?

Hey guys, newbie here. i've browsed the site for a while as a guest but a recent event made me decide to finally join as i'm looking for some feedback.

i recently purchased a neumann tlm 103 from walmart & it never arrived. it turns out, the package was taken off my porch.

i'm waiting on my refund to be processed so i didn't really lose the $$$ but i can't help but think, some lucky moron will be able to go and sell the microphone for an easy come up. is there anything i can do? what's stopping the person from simply taking the mic to a trade in shop/pawn shop & selling it for cash?? i believe sam ash & guitar center buys gear as well, will they be able to do anything?
Old 21st February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker90210 View Post
Hey guys, newbie here. i've browsed the site for a while as a guest but a recent event made me decide to finally join as i'm looking for some feedback.

i recently purchased a neumann tlm 103 from walmart & it never arrived. it turns out, the package was taken off my porch.

i'm waiting on my refund to be processed so i didn't really lose the $$$ but i can't help but think, some lucky moron will be able to go and sell the microphone for an easy come up. is there anything i can do? what's stopping the person from simply taking the mic to a trade in shop/pawn shop & selling it for cash?? i believe sam ash & guitar center buys gear as well, will they be able to do anything?
Wow, Walmart really does sell everything!
Old 21st February 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aural Endeavors View Post
Wow, Walmart really does sell everything!
Lol I'm not entirely sure how it works but i think it's like they sell them for a 3rd party company
Old 21st February 2019
UGP
Gear Nut

Sorry to hear that... You could let your local shops know to keep an eye out for it; also check Craigslist. I require signatures on delivery when purchasing high ticket items. UPS has been great with that, FedEx has not always followed through and simply left packages requiring a signature.

Last edited by UGP; 21st February 2019 at 07:28 AM..
Old 21st February 2019
Quote:
what's stopping the person from simply taking the mic to a trade in shop/pawn shop & selling it for cash?? i
There is nothing stopping that person form doing what ever he wants to do wit it.
Old 21st February 2019
Lives for gear
I deliver to my work, never my home unless I know I'm going to be there.

Nothing you can do, however. I don't know if Neumann registers the serial number on orders either; likely not.
Old 21st February 2019
Gear Guru

Sorry to hear this.

If the seller had noted the serial number, you can get that and inform the Sennheiser/Neumann agent in your country that this is stolen - and, if it ever needsa service, it will be picked up.

But, do you need a refund? Why not get them to deliver a replacement?
Old 21st February 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Willett View Post
Sorry to hear this.

But, do you need a refund? Why not get them to deliver a replacement?
I've since changed my mind. A close friend has the TLM102 and we used it yesterday, I fell in love with it so I'll be going to pick up one of those from my local guitar center.
Old 21st February 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
I've since changed my mind. A close friend has the TLM102 and we used it yesterday, I fell in love with it so I'll be going to pick up one of those from my local guitar center.
Aah - yes - quite a few people seem to prefer the 102 over the 103.
Old 21st February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
No advice here. I just wanted to say I'm sorry this happened to you. I'd be so pissed, even if I got my money back.
Old 22nd February 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Willett View Post
Aah - yes - quite a few people seem to prefer the 102 over the 103.
Dude i'm using it right now! The amount of power this little thing can harness is mindblowing!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search