The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How to upload a digital EP
Old 18th February 2019
Here for the gear

How to upload a digital EP

So basically I’m a producer and a artist. And I just finished my Ep it just needs to be mastered so I decided to make it. And for some reason idk how to make a digital mixtape I’ve tried making a mp3 file with all the music and added my cover into the file added to my phone and it doesn’t pick up the picture Just the music. Windows media player won’t let me add my art or change the order of the songs. I’m trying to make a file then post my stuff on SoundCloud,Spotify ,etc. can anyone give me advice. I need help with making a digital mixtape basically. I’ll go to my fav artist file and they have it all plus covers but not mine. ?
Old 19th February 2019
The extra data, pics and such, are not imbedded in the file but are rather part of a web database media players look up when playing a file. You would have to register the file with one of the streaming distributers first before WMP will show all the information
Old 20th February 2019
Go through a digital aggregator - CDBaby, Tunecore, or similar.

You submit everything to them, then they upload it to all the streaming and sales sites on your behalf.

You can either pay a one off fee, or a yearly fee to keep it up there. I'd personally prefer the one off, since then it's there in perpetuity.
Old 20th February 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumleymusic View Post
The extra data, pics and such, are not imbedded in the file but are rather part of a web database media players look up when playing a file. You would have to register the file with one of the streaming distributers first before WMP will show all the information
Thanks man.
Old 20th February 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Go through a digital aggregator - CDBaby, Tunecore, or similar.

You submit everything to them, then they upload it to all the streaming and sales sites on your behalf.

You can either pay a one off fee, or a yearly fee to keep it up there. I'd personally prefer the one off, since then it's there in perpetuity.
Thanks for the advice I was confused lol.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search