The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
THE happiest song ever? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 21st February 2018
  #1
Lives for gear
 
FreshProduce's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
THE happiest song ever?

Well.. the 'saddest song' thread took off pretty quick but hasnt had a bite in a couple days..

So let's start the 'happiest song' thread!

Don't try to narrow it down to just one.

(Its alright if you hate it for being so happy)
Old 21st February 2018
  #2
Lives for gear
 
soundebler's Avatar
dudidodedadod

Old 21st February 2018
  #3
Lives for gear
 
cavern's Avatar
 

Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini
Old 21st February 2018
  #4
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Old 21st February 2018
  #5
Lives for gear
 
memristor's Avatar
 

Old 21st February 2018
  #6
Lives for gear
 
didlisquat's Avatar
Old 21st February 2018
  #7
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by memristor View Post
That could qualify both for happiest and scariest song ever.

Not that he needs it, but imagine Mr Trololo dude doing that in clown face...jus sayin'
Old 21st February 2018
  #8
For me a happy song is a song that always makes me happy...

Must be this one;


...it also has the best drumroll ever
Old 22nd February 2018
  #9
Lives for gear
 
FreshProduce's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Well this is a huge letdown so far..

Guess artists are more concerned with sadness than happiness...
Old 22nd February 2018
  #10
Gear Maniac
Monty Pyton's "always look on the bright side of life"
Old 23rd February 2018
  #11
Lives for gear
 
didlisquat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshProduce View Post

Try to narrow it down to just one.
Lets not :

Old 23rd February 2018
  #12
Deleted User
Guest


With my dear departed friend, Billy Preston on the B3...
Old 23rd February 2018
  #13
Deleted User
Guest
I can't tell you the happiest song because too many songs qualify, but I can tell you that songs used to be happier than they are today in general. Today there is an emphasis on sophistication, slick production, phony feelings, contrived passion, not offending anybody, and social justice themes. It's no longer relevant to be genuinely real anymore, but rather to be politically correct. So, if you want to hear a truly happy song, go back to the early sixties when things were different and musicians instead simply made happy songs because they liked being happy, and then you will hear songs like this:

YouTube
Old 23rd February 2018
  #14
Lives for gear
 

Old 23rd February 2018
  #15
Lives for gear
 
FreshProduce's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by didlisquat View Post
Lets not :

Fair enough
I edited the original post
Old 23rd February 2018
  #16
Lives for gear
 
cavern's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zargg View Post
Monty Pyton's "always look on the bright side of life"
Old 23rd February 2018
  #17
Lives for gear
What a Wonderful World. Can't be happy without gratitude. Seems to be sorely lacking these days.
Old 23rd February 2018
  #18
Lives for gear






Old 23rd February 2018
  #19
Lives for gear
 
didlisquat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewire View Post
What a Wonderful World. Can't be happy without gratitude. Seems to be sorely lacking these days.
Old 23rd February 2018
  #20
Lives for gear
 
boombapdame's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Case View Post
I can't tell you the happiest song because too many songs qualify, but I can tell you that songs used to be happier than they are today in general. Today there is an emphasis on sophistication, slick production, phony feelings, contrived passion, not offending anybody, and social justice themes. It's no longer relevant to be genuinely real anymore, but rather to be politically correct. So, if you want to hear a truly happy song, go back to the early sixties when things were different and musicians instead simply made happy songs because they liked being happy, and then you will hear songs like this:

YouTube
I don't mind sophistication, just take away all of the subsequent you mention. I hate PC-ness and SJWs.
Old 24th February 2018
  #21
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by didlisquat View Post
Had to look up the lyrics cuz I couldn't understand anything the were saying. After reading them, I still have no idea what they're saying.
Old 24th February 2018
  #22
The 60s was a good time for feel good songs, here's one from the Small Faces.
Old 24th February 2018
  #23
One from the 80s.
Old 24th February 2018
  #24
Lives for gear
 
didlisquat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewire View Post
Had to look up the lyrics cuz I couldn't understand anything the were saying. After reading them, I still have no idea what they're saying.
Here is a live version (@ 16:30) that might make it easier :

Old 24th February 2018
  #25
Lives for gear
 
FreshProduce's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
So many Theloneus Monk songs come to mind, I cant choose just one. A few in particular off solo monk.
Old 24th February 2018
  #26
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshProduce View Post
So many Theloneus Monk songs come to mind, I cant choose just one. A few in particular off solo monk.
This is Monk's happiest tune:
Old 24th February 2018
  #27
Lives for gear
 
FreshProduce's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
This is Monk's happiest tune:
this is in fact, one of the happiest songs that come to mind when I think of monk for sure.
Easily top 3. Only one other song comes close.. and I can't quite remember the name of it right now. (I'm at a convention in Boston atm.. So I'll have to look it up later)
Old 24th February 2018
  #28
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshProduce View Post
this is in fact, one of the happiest songs that come to mind when I think of monk for sure.
Easily top 3. Only one other song comes close.. and I can't quite remember the name of it right now. (I'm at a convention in Boston atm.. So I'll have to look it up later)
Pannonica?

Reflections?

Rhythm a Ning?

Blue Monk?

Crepuscule with Nellie?

Green Chimneys?
Old 24th February 2018
  #29
Gear Guru
 
Brent Hahn's Avatar
 

If you do manage to write and record the happiest song ever, Big Pharma will offer you a million bucks to license it for a psych-med commercial.

So cheer down and avoid the temptation to do business with Satan.
Old 24th February 2018
  #30
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
If you do manage to write and record the happiest song ever, Big Pharma will offer you a million bucks to license it for a psych-med commercial.

So cheer down and avoid the temptation to do business with Satan.
The Trololo Sing Along song is practically a walking billboard for antipsychotics.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump