The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Quiet Refrigerator!
Old 8th February 2018
Here for the gear

Quiet Refrigerator!

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone knew of a good quiet refrigerator (North America). We just moved into a new place and every 45 mins the refrigerator starts its compression cycle and gets up to 50 dbA for 15 mins. It's intolerable. Any models that run under 40dbA? I'd much prefer a constant lower hum than this.
Thanks!
Old 8th February 2018
Lives for gear

The Kitchen Aid one in our kitchen is pretty quiet. I can't say the same for the different brand one out in the garage.
Old 8th February 2018
Here for the gear

@didlisquat Is it french doors? Top mounted? Any other details you can provide? Model #?
Old 8th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhurwitz View Post
@didlisquat Is it french doors? Top mounted? Any other details you can provide? Model #?
It's a model that is around six years old and it looks like stores don't sell them anymore :

http://www.sears.com/kitchenaid-19.8...p-04609849000P

French doors with the freezer on the bottom. This might be the closest one without the icemaker :

Shop KitchenAid 20-cu ft Counter-Depth French Door Refrigerator with Ice Maker (Stainless steel) ENERGY STAR at Lowes.com

Mine isn't stainless steel, so that could probably bring the price down a little bit.
Old 13th March 2018
I highly recommend the Kenmore brand.

I have a Kenmore Elite and it's super quiet.
Old 13th March 2018
Lives for gear

The problem is any fridge can start out quiet...but with wear noise levels can increase.
Old 14th March 2018
Lives for gear

Bro it's 2018.. you're gonna have to get a fridge that costs $9000 and streams all your favorite shows if you want it to keep your food cool without making too much noise.

Oh and you're gonna have to replace that in 2 years with a newer model or they'll lower the speed on it.

No-one wants a fridge with low bandwidth
Old 16th March 2018
The only loud noise coming out from my fridge are the noisy ice cubes.
Old 30th March 2018
Here for the gear

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search