The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
dropping in, saying hi
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

dropping in, saying hi

it has been a while since i was last here. don't know why, just life getting in the way i guess.

I still haven't learned to play drums, but i still look at them with dreamy eyes, as i watch my former hopes and dreams fade into real life. right now i have a personal web server rack that has kind of gotten in the way. quite literally, as there wasn't any other space for it. but it is on casters, so i can shove it into a corner when i am sure it is running correctly.

due to the winter pre-thaw, january rain, i am watching in the basement, where my "personal space" is, to make sure it doesn't flood. so far, it is dry, but still nerve-racking. i have most everything up off the floor, but still...

money is getting tight, due to less work coming in (i am a carpenter), so when the spring hits, and the ground is solid enough, i may end up selling my motorcycle (the one my avatar looks like). don't know what i could get for it, but anything would help.

so anyway, here i am again.

~Travis
Old 1 week ago
Greetings mate!

I know the feeling about basement flooding worries!

Whenever we have torrential rains, I'm always on the lookout.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
Greetings mate!

I know the feeling about basement flooding worries!

Whenever we have torrential rains, I'm always on the lookout.
still no water, at the moment. but it is still raining.

usually the water doesn't get beyond an inch or two, but with all the money invested in my many hobbies, i can't afford much more than that.

~Travis
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis.farmer View Post
still no water, at the moment. but it is still raining.

usually the water doesn't get beyond an inch or two, but with all the money invested in my many hobbies, i can't afford much more than that.

~Travis
Ya, that's the problem I had with my basement. Water seepage, not more than a few inches at a time. My basement is unfinished. I removed the old caulking along the entire perimeter of the floor/wall junctions. There was about a 1/4" gap all around. I filled the gaps with pre-mixed cement and then used a waterproof sealer. I then ripped out all the insulation along the walls and painted the walls with a waterproof paint (Drylok) I'm still not finished with the walls. It's been a time consuming project!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search