The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What toys did you enjoy as a kid?
Old 12th August 2017
Lives for gear

What toys did you enjoy as a kid?

Old 12th August 2017
G.I. Joe with Kung Fu grip!

Old 13th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
G.I. Joe with Kung Fu grip!

I grew up in the 80`s with the little G.I. Joe people. My uncle had those, he grew up in the `70s. Got me playing guitar at about 9 years old.
Old 13th August 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaMusic View Post
Gasoline? Maybe when I was a baby! Here's how we made balloon animals back in my days as a kid.

Old 13th August 2017
Gear Addict

My favorites were hot wheels cars, chemistry sets, model airplanes and spaceships, board games such as chess, backgammon, monopoly
Old 13th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psykostx View Post
Gasoline? Maybe when I was a baby! Here's how we made balloon animals back in my days as a kid.

Gasoline until we found my friends dads shotgun shell maker in the basement...GUN POWDER!! I did have toys, but none as fantastic as such things ans a TENNIS BALL CANNON! Duct tape a bunch of old soup cans together, the bottom can made a bunch of holes, a small hole in the very bottom, some lighter fluid and BOOM! Shoot it up to where you can`t see it and have to wait for it to fall! They don`t make cans like that anymore.
Old 13th August 2017
Quote:
Gasoline until we found my friends dads shotgun shell maker in the basement...GUN POWDER!! I did have toys, but none as fantastic as such things ans a TENNIS BALL CANNON! Duct tape a bunch of old soup cans together, the bottom can made a bunch of holes, a small hole in the very bottom, some lighter fluid and BOOM! Shoot it up to where you can`t see it and have to wait for it to fall! They don`t make cans like that anymore.
That was fun. I loved those cannons as a kid too.
Old 13th August 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Yep - me too - I loved petrol as a kid.

Today that would be unimaginable and there is no way on earth my two boys at that age would even have access to petrol.

When I was 13, I could easily buy it at a petrol station - unbelievable really and impossible today in the UK.
Old 19th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
That was fun. I loved those cannons as a kid too.
I wish I could make one again because I would in a second..but with Gorilla Tape this time. Tennis ball width is 2.7 inches, which 2" PVC is even just too narrow inside diameter. All the fun died when they switched soup cans.
Old 19th August 2017
Quote:
I wish I could make one again because I would in a second..but with Gorilla Tape this time. Tennis ball width is 2.7 inches, which 2" PVC is even just too narrow inside diameter. All the fun died when they switched soup cans.
Where the cans redesigned due to their use as cannons
Old 19th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Where the cans redesigned due to their use as cannons
Ya know, it`s strange because it`s before like today where everything is smaller, but the same price. I think it had more of a difference from steel cans to aluminum? That`s just a guess. I don`t think it had anything to do with the cannons(R.I.P.).

-I remember the tennis balls getting all singed black on the outside after several shots into the upper atmosphere.
Old 19th August 2017
Lives for gear

Lincoln Logs when I was small, then Hot Wheels, then an electric guitar and girls.
Old 19th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitman View Post
Lincoln Logs when I was small, then Hot Wheels, then an electric guitar and girls.
Did you have the orange track?
Old 19th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Did you have the orange track?
Yeah.
Old 19th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
Yep - me too - I loved petrol as a kid.

Today that would be unimaginable and there is no way on earth my two boys at that age would even have access to petrol.

When I was 13, I could easily buy it at a petrol station - unbelievable really and impossible today in the UK.
If I had a kid, no freaking way. One time the tip of the gas can caught on fire and wafting it around is NOT the way to put it out!
Old 19th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitman View Post
Yeah.
That track was a brutal weapon as well! Man, the things we used to get away with..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search