The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Do you smoke weed ? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
View Poll Results: Do you smoke Cannabis ?
Yes
74 Votes - 42.53%
No
65 Votes - 37.36%
Occasionally
22 Votes - 12.64%
Other (Please explain)
13 Votes - 7.47%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10th February 2018
Geariophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
If you are going to use, stop smoking and get this, I have a silver one.

Best vape device ever. I have several other portables, but they struggle to work as well as this unit. And just over 100 bucks.
Firefly2 is way better.
Old 10th February 2018
Geariophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by toowrongfoo View Post
I'm sorry everyone thinks I'm just a mean ass hypocrite, but FFS, I may even start smoking it now myself.

But it doesn't make me smarter, it's to get high. I'm more of a veg and eat guy even w/o it, so, I'm guessing that is going to be a problem (not to mention the money, the money might be the number one reason I don't puff)

Booze is cheaper, I only drink for an hour or two and don't ever drive with it, so.......
Smoking is silly, oil is the best way to enjoy its benefits. Different vibes altogether. perfectly microdosable throughout any situation.
Old 10th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky View Post
Cheers.. that was very informative.
Co-incidentally (or not ) i just went looking for info on the latest use of facial awareness technology being use by the Chinese Police.
However it was the topic underneath it that grabbed my attention and only uploaded 7 hours ago.

Chinese police are using facial-recognition glasses for survelliance — Quartz

Scientists studying psilocybin accidentally proved the self is an illusion — Quartz
Yes interesting. Nice to see scientists catching up with what others have known for millenia.However I think they are confusing the self with consciousness. True - the self is an illusion, our petty earthly identity (my name is... Im good at... blah blah blag) but consciousness is something altogether different... gearlutz probably isnt the place for this conversation eh
Old 10th February 2018
Lives for gear

Old 10th February 2018
Lives for gear
I eat it now and then. Never smoke and NEVER consume while working or driving.
Old 10th February 2018
Lives for gear

Old 10th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondog007 View Post
I eat it now and then. Never smoke and NEVER consume while working or driving.
Hard to control dosage.

I always eat way too much. Always...
Old 11th February 2018
Gear Guru

Just started watching the new season of 'Disjointed' on Netflix. It was mildly funny before. Now it's just lame. Oh well.
Old 12th February 2018
Lives for gear

Old 13th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
Hard to control dosage.

I always eat way too much. Always...
I remember those days from long long ago. Once you have legalized weed in your area you can buy edibles properly labeled by the mg.
Old 13th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 View Post
I remember those days from long long ago. Once you have legalized weed in your area you can buy edibles properly labeled by the mg.
True.

But, like it'll do me any good...like I have any chill in that regard.
Old 13th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
True.

But, like it'll do me any good...like I have any chill in that regard.
Definitely a recipe for disaster. . .

Old 13th February 2018
Gear Guru

I've never liked eating it. Makes me a bit lethargic.

But I am now remembering many years ago eating a little hash and having a nice body high.
Old 13th February 2018
Geariophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
I've never liked eating it. Makes me a bit lethargic.

But I am now remembering many years ago eating a little hash and having a nice body high.
Sounds like you haven't experienced quality oil.
Old 14th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
If I had endless resources, I would drizzle this oil you speak of on a foie gras omelette to start each day.

Henceforth I would give smarmy smirks and smiles as I go about my day, to those unaware of my very baked state.

One can only dream...
Old 14th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusss View Post
I would like to gather some qualitative data on Cannabis use in the audio industry for an article I'm not writing , which I suspect might be quite high.

That is a remarkable sentence.
Old 14th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Definitely a recipe for disaster. . .

Old 14th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
You'll have to be more specific. I'm not privy to current-day marageewanna ingestions............

(Remember, I'm the guy who thinks hash the bee's knee's .......)
Old 14th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorboy View Post
That is a remarkable sentence.
Why thankyou kind sir
Old 14th February 2018
Geariophile

Quote:
If I had endless resources, I would drizzle this oil you speak of on a foie gras omelette to start each day.

Henceforth I would give smarmy smirks and smiles as I go about my day, to those unaware of my very baked state.

One can only dream...
Foie gras? Jesus, giving your energy to that being 'produced' even once, never mind every day boggles the mind with horror. And if you leave the geese alone your not endless resources will stretch to a lot more undetected smirks. Plus the now undeniable health bonuses. Hard to beat.
Old 14th February 2018
Geariophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by toowrongfoo View Post
You'll have to be more specific. I'm not privy to current-day marageewanna ingestions............

(Remember, I'm the guy who thinks hash the bee's knee's .......)
I can't do your homework for you, suffice to say the internet does not lack information.
Old 14th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Foie gras? Jesus, giving your energy to that being 'produced' even once, never mind every day boggles the mind with horror. And if you leave the geese alone your not endless resources will stretch to a lot more undetected smirks. Plus the now undeniable health bonuses. Hard to beat.
Ha!

You got me - both foie gras and smarmy smirks are not only bad, but poor form!
Old 14th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxman12 View Post
Look a little closer at the pic I posted. . . those are marijuana infused Cheetos and breakfast cereals lol. Weetos and Cannamon Toast Crunch. Recipe for disaster when the munchies are laced!
Old 14th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Look a little closer at the pic I posted. . . those are marijuana infused Cheetos and breakfast cereals lol. Recipe for disaster when the munchies are laced!
Missed that!

Brilliant. Sate the munchies while partaking.

Though, if you're going there, I think I'd go for a slice of pizza drizzled with cannabis oil. Maybe a combo of cannabis and truffle oils.
Old 14th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Look a little closer at the pic I posted. . . those are marijuana infused Cheetos and breakfast cereals lol. Weetos and Cannamon Toast Crunch. Recipe for disaster when the munchies are laced!
LOL!

Golden Grahams were the food of choice when the munchies hit.
Old 14th February 2018
Lives for gear

In case sweets are more your thing.

The edible game has gotten strong. .
Old 14th February 2018
Lives for gear

I find it funny that some people here are professionally employed in good jobs and are openly willing to post their propensity for drug use on a public forum. For example, one weed proponent here has alleged in the past that he works professionally in the banking industry. Admitting to drug use for some jobs can be a real liability. Throwing caution to the wind is maybe not a good idea when it comes to this topic.

When I started my first professional job, I was told that recreational drug use on my own time was not allowed. I was paid well for what I did and didn't object because earning a living was more important to me than getting high. I was then forced to p#ss in a bottle to verify that my drug history was exactly as I had described. I passed. The point is that your employer often has the right to dismiss you for drug use in your private life, depending on what the laws are in your area. In my case, my employer was up front about this when I received my job offer, and they indeed did dismiss people who failed to pass the test.

Something to think about.
Old 14th February 2018
Lives for gear

Jeeeeezus. I recently found out that I don't have to take random pee tests afterall at my job. I've been tempted to try pot again, but putting it into candy bars makes it hard to resist now.
Old 14th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Case View Post
I find it funny that some people here are professionally employed in good jobs and are openly willing to post their propensity for drug use on a public forum. For example, one weed proponent here has alleged in the past that he works professionally in the banking industry. Admitting to drug use for some jobs can be a real liability. Throwing caution to the wind is maybe not a good idea when it comes to this topic.

When I started my first professional job, I was told that recreational drug use on my own time was not allowed. I was paid well for what I did and didn't object because earning a living was more important to me than getting high. I was then forced to p#ss in a bottle to verify that my drug history was exactly as I had described. I passed. The point is that your employer often has the right to dismiss you for drug use, depending on what the laws are in your area. In my case, my employer was up front about this when I received my job offer, and they indeed did dismiss people who failed to pass the test.

Something to think about.
If people can be functioning alcoholics, the same can't be said of pot? How many companies prohibit drinking on their own time?

It's irrefutable alcohol consumption is a much greater problem and destructive force in society than pot ever was or will be.

I think part of what you state, while true in terms of laws and employment practices, is not the case for the whole country as it was. California is the tipping point...if it's legalized in that state, the domino effect won't be stopped. I think what you say, will not be the norm in the foreseeable future, but the exception, in the more prudish, conservative states, the last holdovers, not unlike how Arizona tried as best they could to not comply with the federally mandated MLK holiday.
Old 14th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
If people can be functioning alcoholics, the same can't be said of pot? How many companies prohibit drinking on their own time?
That's a matter of degree and societal norms. Consistent heavy drinking in your private life could get you fired at the company I worked for if you came to work hung over. It would be instant death if you brought a bottle of alcohol to work for yourself and hid it in your desk. Have a tough client call on today's calendar? No problem, just take a swig before the call. In fact, one guy I know got fired for doing that. We were told specifically never to bring alcohol to work and never to go to bars during our lunch hour. We were also told to never give alcohol as presents at the company's Christmas party or we would be reprimanded.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search