The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Do you smoke weed ? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
View Poll Results: Do you smoke Cannabis ?
Yes
69 Votes - 42.33%
No
62 Votes - 38.04%
Occasionally
20 Votes - 12.27%
Other (Please explain)
12 Votes - 7.36%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusss View Post
I would like to gather some qualitative data on Cannabis use in the audio industry for an article I'm not writing , which I suspect might be quite high.

That is a remarkable sentence.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 View Post
Definitely a recipe for disaster. . .

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorboy View Post
That is a remarkable sentence.
Why thankyou kind sir
Old 1 week ago
Geariophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
If I had endless resources, I would drizzle this oil you speak of on a foie gras omelette to start each day.

Henceforth I would give smarmy smirks and smiles as I go about my day, to those unaware of my very baked state.

One can only dream...
Foie gras? Jesus, giving your energy to that being 'produced' even once, never mind every day boggles the mind with horror. And if you leave the geese alone your not endless resources will stretch to a lot more undetected smirks. Plus the now undeniable health bonuses. Hard to beat.
Old 1 week ago
Geariophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by toowrongfoo View Post
You'll have to be more specific. I'm not privy to current-day marageewanna ingestions............

(Remember, I'm the guy who thinks hash the bee's knee's .......)
I can't do your homework for you, suffice to say the internet does not lack information.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Foie gras? Jesus, giving your energy to that being 'produced' even once, never mind every day boggles the mind with horror. And if you leave the geese alone your not endless resources will stretch to a lot more undetected smirks. Plus the now undeniable health bonuses. Hard to beat.
Ha!

You got me - both foie gras and smarmy smirks are not only bad, but poor form!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxman12 View Post
Look a little closer at the pic I posted. . . those are marijuana infused Cheetos and breakfast cereals lol. Weetos and Cannamon Toast Crunch. Recipe for disaster when the munchies are laced!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Look a little closer at the pic I posted. . . those are marijuana infused Cheetos and breakfast cereals lol. Recipe for disaster when the munchies are laced!
Missed that!

Brilliant. Sate the munchies while partaking.

Though, if you're going there, I think I'd go for a slice of pizza drizzled with cannabis oil. Maybe a combo of cannabis and truffle oils.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Look a little closer at the pic I posted. . . those are marijuana infused Cheetos and breakfast cereals lol. Weetos and Cannamon Toast Crunch. Recipe for disaster when the munchies are laced!
LOL!

Golden Grahams were the food of choice when the munchies hit.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

In case sweets are more your thing.

The edible game has gotten strong. .
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I find it funny that some people here are professionally employed in good jobs and are openly willing to post their propensity for drug use on a public forum. For example, one weed proponent here has alleged in the past that he works professionally in the banking industry. Admitting to drug use for some jobs can be a real liability. Throwing caution to the wind is maybe not a good idea when it comes to this topic.

When I started my first professional job, I was told that recreational drug use on my own time was not allowed. I was paid well for what I did and didn't object because earning a living was more important to me than getting high. I was then forced to p#ss in a bottle to verify that my drug history was exactly as I had described. I passed. The point is that your employer often has the right to dismiss you for drug use in your private life, depending on what the laws are in your area. In my case, my employer was up front about this when I received my job offer, and they indeed did dismiss people who failed to pass the test.

Something to think about.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Jeeeeezus. I recently found out that I don't have to take random pee tests afterall at my job. I've been tempted to try pot again, but putting it into candy bars makes it hard to resist now.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Case View Post
I find it funny that some people here are professionally employed in good jobs and are openly willing to post their propensity for drug use on a public forum. For example, one weed proponent here has alleged in the past that he works professionally in the banking industry. Admitting to drug use for some jobs can be a real liability. Throwing caution to the wind is maybe not a good idea when it comes to this topic.

When I started my first professional job, I was told that recreational drug use on my own time was not allowed. I was paid well for what I did and didn't object because earning a living was more important to me than getting high. I was then forced to p#ss in a bottle to verify that my drug history was exactly as I had described. I passed. The point is that your employer often has the right to dismiss you for drug use, depending on what the laws are in your area. In my case, my employer was up front about this when I received my job offer, and they indeed did dismiss people who failed to pass the test.

If people can be functioning alcoholics, the same can't be said of pot? How many companies prohibit drinking on their own time?

It's irrefutable alcohol consumption is a much greater problem and destructive force in society than pot ever was or will be.

I think part of what you state, while true in terms of laws and employment practices, is not the case for the whole country as it was. California is the tipping point...if it's legalized in that state, the domino effect won't be stopped. I think what you say, will not be the norm in the foreseeable future, but the exception, in the more prudish, conservative states, the last holdovers, not unlike how Arizona tried as best they could to not comply with the federally mandated MLK holiday.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
If people can be functioning alcoholics, the same can't be said of pot? How many companies prohibit drinking on their own time?
That's a matter of degree and societal norms. Consistent heavy drinking in your private life could get you fired at the company I worked for if you came to work hung over. It would be instant death if you brought a bottle of alcohol to work for yourself and hid it in your desk. Have a tough client call on today's calendar? No problem, just take a swig before the call. In fact, one guy I know got fired for doing that. We were told specifically never to bring alcohol to work and never to go to bars during our lunch hour. We were also told to never give alcohol as presents at the company's Christmas party or we would be reprimanded.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think part of what you state, while true in terms of laws and employment practices, is not the case for the whole country as it was. California is the tipping point...if it's legalized in that state, the domino effect won't be stopped. I think what you say, will not be the norm in the foreseeable future, but the exception, in the more prudish, conservative states, the last holdovers, not unlike how Arizona tried as best they could to not comply with the federally mandated MLK holiday.
Its already legalized in Cali. Its down to the individual municipalities to implement on the local level, which is gradually growing. Some parts of LA are fully legal and others are still working out the details (considering LA consists of several independent cities with their own mayors.)

Interesting times where much of the country can buy weed from vending machines: https://media1.fdncms.com/stranger/i...-491456409.jpg

Where the other part of the country can still get fired for it.

The unique thing about weed is how long it takes to fully metabolize out of your system. The "impairment" part of the process is done within some hours, but a month later you can still test positive for it in your system. . . and its stored in fat cells so if you lose weight, weed from YEARS ago can resurface and you can test positive for it.

This fact allows for a lot of professional abuse for weed partakers. If you have a few drinks at night you'll test negative at work the next day (if they were to test you for that). Whereas if you had a puff 3 weeks ago, you could test positive at work. Sets up easy corporate abuse of weed smokers and a gross double standard.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Its already legalized in Cali.
I'm not a lawyer so I don't know if legalization can actually keep your employer from demanding that you don't use weed in your private life. But it's something I'd check out if I lived in CA.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
societal norms
Well, it's clearly crossed that line in terms of acceptability.

The old anachronistic taboos and beliefs are anachronistic and out of place. Most Americans have objective non-judgmental views on it.

As time goes on, it'll only get more normalized, if only because more of the older generations will pass.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
The edible game has gotten strong.
...And by what I see in the image you've attached, the same should also be said of the LAWYER game!

There would be something very markedly wrong with any attorney (well-versed in trademarks, etc.) who did not positively salivate when looking at that picture (for rather different reasons than the rest of us).
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm not a lawyer so I don't know if legalization can actually keep your employer from demanding that you don't use weed in your private life. But it's something I'd check out if I lived in CA.
Yeah not sure how that works. I don't work "real" jobs, most of my work requires weed lol. Studios in LA that don't allow weed don't last long.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I don't work "real" jobs, most of my work requires weed lol.
There you go. Weed as a "job requirement." Nice.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ax7 View Post
...And by what I see in the image you've attached, the same should also be said of the LAWYER game!

There would be something very markedly wrong with any attorney (well-versed in trademarks, etc.) who did not positively salivate when looking at that picture (for rather different reasons than the rest of us).
I think those are just small runs that aren't worth the fight. The "corporate" side of edibles, which is growing very very quickly, looks more like this, with their own branding:

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
There you go. Weed as a "job requirement." Nice.
Standard for the creative arts Nothing new. . . the Beatles certainly weren't f-king with studios that wouldn't let them blaze.
Old 1 week ago
Geariophile

Quote:

When I started my first professional job, I was told that recreational drug use on my own time was not allowed. I was paid well for what I did and didn't object because earning a living was more important to me than getting high. I was then forced to p#ss in a bottle to verify that my drug history was exactly as I had described. I passed. The point is that your employer often has the right to dismiss you for drug use in your private life, depending on what the laws are in your area. In my case, my employer was up front about this when I received my job offer, and they indeed did dismiss people who failed to pass the test.

Keep pi$$ing in a bottle and call it happiness then. There are other versions however. Versions not giving too much of a fcuk about any 'job' that requires one to pi$$ in bottles to check whether one has been a good boy. Something else to think about.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

What gets my goat is when people admonish 'drugs' after needing coffee and/or smoking to get through the day, then needing alcohol to get over it when they get home. There are users and abusers in every walk of life, in every context imaginable.

What drug is or isn't 'socially acceptable' is simply cultural narratives (born from corporate propaganda) combined with astronomical levels of ignorance. Let's not forget hemp was only made illegal to protect the paper/fiber/plastic trades.

How many morons regurgitate that weed is the 'gateway drug', conveniently forgetting about cigarettes and alcohol, both drugs that always come first (the actual gateway).

FWIW I vape sporadically (i.e. 3-4 times a year), but it's more to do with exploring consciousnesses/awareness/perception rather than to feed an addiction or avoid personal problems. I'm more creative stone cold sober. Always have been.

Social media is a much bigger problem; it's destroying the mental health of children.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Social media is a much bigger problem; it's destroying the mental health of children.
That's funny (and now I feel old):

When I was a kid (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth), "social media" pretty much consisted of a weekly 'Church Social' (where everybody got together and pretended to be normal).

They tried to be polite to one another, and often complained that their children were destroying their mental health.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Not trying to add fuel to the fire one way or the other, but there are a lot of companies that do prohibit drinking and smoking, even tobacco, in their personal time. My wife's work does follicle testing to make sure that the employees aren't smoking, chewing, or vaping nicotine in their off time. The number of companies with these sort of policies is growing all the time. Not to mention most companies these days will check your FaceBook before they hire you. I used to work for one company that required you to log in to your FaceBook in front of the HR director so they can look through your private posts before they'd even interview you. Pot laws are loosening, but the private sector is tightening up now more than ever.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ax7 View Post
[INDENT]That's funny (and now I feel old):

When I was a kid (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth), "social media" pretty much consisted of a weekly 'Church Social' (where everybody got together and pretended to be normal).

They tried to be polite to one another, and often complained that their children were destroying their mental health.
Haha!

Yeah it's always been there (pressure to conform), but SM has compounded the issue exponentially, it's breeding narcissism. Going OT here though :D

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Not trying to add fuel to the fire one way or the other, but there are a lot of companies that do prohibit drinking and smoking, even tobacco, in their personal time. My wife's work does follicle testing to make sure that the employees aren't smoking, chewing, or vaping nicotine in their off time. The number of companies with these sort of policies is growing all the time. Not to mention most companies these days will check your FaceBook before they hire you. I used to work for one company that required you to log in to your FaceBook in front of the HR director so they can look through your private posts before they'd even interview you. Pot laws are loosening, but the private sector is tightening up now more than ever.
What a ****ing joke...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Is your wife an astronaut?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Going OT here though [...]
Well, its kinda hard to go VERY "OT" on a sub-forum called "Shoot the Breeze"!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search