The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
VO folks - Edge Studio voice over evaluation?
Old 26th January 2017
Lives for gear

VO folks - Edge Studio voice over evaluation?

Just wondering if any VO types have any experience with any of the Edge Studio training etc? I have approx 10+ years VO experience and work fairly regularly but of course always looking to up my skill. Also given I live in a non-English-speaking country it's important to 'swim with the big fish' and get native-level feedback.

I was looking at this Private Voice Over Evaluation:

https://www.edgestudio.com/new-to-voice-over-evaluation
Old 3rd March 2017
Here for the gear

I did the $99 VO session which does and IVO or Individual Voice Over Eval but it's part of that 3 hour webinar. I liked it, they provided me with a binder of material to practice and study (though you really didn't need too). The instructor walked us through the training manual and explained practical uses. Then we did Cold Reads with no feedback at the time. You could tell some of the participants had prior acting and some you knew they didn't know anything. Then we did warm reads from scripts she chose for us and then she provided coaching and feedback. When it was all over, she wrote an in-depth eval telling me what my voice was good for: Age Range, Commercial Type ie Radio, TV, etc.

All in all it was a great investment, sure they will try to push you to take their $2k worth of courses, but it's not required. Hope this helps!
Old 27th March 2017
Lives for gear

late reply, but thanks!
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear