The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who owns a gun?
Old 30th March 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big 3rd View Post
Yeah, it does kick like a sommbitch. I shot in the air on new years last year and it took off a tree limb about 5 inches thick. I was like....holy ****. I couldn't imagine what the damn thing could do to a person. I believe it was originally intended for hunting elephants and/or extremely large game...like bears.
The S&W 500 which uses the .50AE round is a suggested bear gun- you have to shoot through the shoulder supposedly- it's the only way to get to the thorasic cavity.

http://www.gunblast.com/SW_500.htm

charles maynes
Old 11th April 2007
Gear Addict

.38 2" Taurus 5 shot
.45 1911 Springfield Mil-Spec
Old 11th April 2007
Gear Addict

(this video is a joke, but I have a crazy friend with big guns- AK-47, 2 AR-15's and a HK .308)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1843406694
Old 12th April 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no ssl yet View Post
Man I don't know what being raped feels like, but I imagine it's probably something like walking up the street and seeing your door ajar as you realize your place has been broken into.

I don't know, but I'm gonna bet it's not close.

Somehow having my house broken into didn't give me bloodlust. So, someone stole my freaking TV/computer/guitars/stereo. It's just freaking stuff, man. Material stuff.
Old 13th April 2007
Gear Nut

"It is astounding the violent acts an ordinary person can inflict on another human being when they believe it is permissible to do so."
- Louis de Bernieres
Old 13th April 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles maynes View Post
The main squeeze (if you will) is an H&K USP9- I put at 100 rounds through it a week at least-

how you like your H&K? i have the same in .45 (getting more and more expensive to shoot). i don't think i've ever heard a USP owner that didn't love them.

Quote:
on deck are a Cal legal 16" barrel Bushmaster

and a Remington 870 which will "pimped" with a tactical stock and mag extension/surefire.

damn, i just noticed you're in Cali. Your lucky to be able to get any of that stuff out there from what i've heard, crazy strict laws right?

my next purchase is going to be an assault rifle as well, i need a long gun and it looks like there may be another ban in the works. but I'm skipping the AR15 for the cheaper and WAY more reliable AK. AR15's are "tacti-cool", but i need my weapon to work when it needs to.
Old 13th April 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big 3rd View Post
Yeah, it does kick like a sommbitch. I shot in the air on new years last year and it took off a tree limb about 5 inches thick. I was like....holy ****. I couldn't imagine what the damn thing could do to a person. I believe it was originally intended for hunting elephants and/or extremely large game...like bears.

F*CK MAN! THE **** ARE YOU THINKING!!!!!!!

You should NEVER, EVER fire a gun into the air like that. you know that bullet has to land somewhere, hopefully not in another person.

I don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing you, but i just hate hearing about people dying from some random bullet on New Years, it happens every year...and you're only giving gun owners a bad name/image.
Old 13th April 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Fobia View Post
"It is astounding the violent acts an ordinary person can inflict on another human being when they believe it is permissible to do so."
- Louis de Bernieres

not astounding...its just survival
Old 13th April 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrock305 View Post
how you like your H&K? i have the same in .45 (getting more and more expensive to shoot). i don't think i've ever heard a USP owner that didn't love them.

the USP9 is great- I actually put 300 rounds through it on wed. The platform was designed originally for .40, so it is a little overbuilt- the .45 is good, but not as easy to keep down. I have about 3000 rounds through it and have no problems at all- I would like to get a competion trigger on it though.

Quote:
damn, i just noticed you're in Cali. Your lucky to be able to get any of that stuff out there from what i've heard, crazy strict laws right?

my next purchase is going to be an assault rifle as well, i need a long gun and it looks like there may be another ban in the works. but I'm skipping the AR15 for the cheaper and WAY more reliable AK. AR15's are "tacti-cool", but i need my weapon to work when it needs to.
CA sucks gun-wise, I want to get one of the fixed mag M4's that Bushmaster does...
If you go the AK route, check out the Bulgarian and Polish ones- they are supposedly better made- Arsenal Arms is a great AK resource- I love the AK74- I have more rounds through the AR though- And you can do a lot of "pimping" to an AK- If you want the coolest ride out there- check out the H&K 416... Its a gas piston M4... It is VERY fine- with an EOTech it re-defines "rock and roll" even better with a gemtech...

http://www.ak-47.us/Arsenal.php

you might consider an SVD also...

charles maynes
Old 15th April 2007
Gear Guru

yes I am going to hell- but this is too damn funny...

http://www.referenceonly.com/monrovia

charles maynes
Old 16th April 2007
Gear Guru

lol, that is pretty funny.

i love the guy with the feather duster in one hand, Uzi in the other heh

the guy with the mag spring blown out is pretty funny too
Old 19th April 2007
Lives for gear

do i have guns?

break into my house or studio and find out heh

oh yeah and i promise my dog does not bite
Old 20th April 2007
Gear Maniac

do you american guys think that the gun laws in some states will change after that campus shooting???
i hope so....

as i see, some of you are real gunslutz.....

still can´t understand that. get yourself a paintball gun and play war. THATS really satisfying (i don´t mean that ironic).
or get yourself a copy of counterstrike....
why killing in reality?

but hey, i´m starting that oral war again... come on, shoot me down
Old 20th April 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by beranie View Post
do you american guys think that the gun laws in some states will change after that campus shooting???
i hope so....

as i see, some of you are real gunslutz.....

still can´t understand that. get yourself a paintball gun and play war. THATS really satisfying (i don´t mean that ironic).
or get yourself a copy of counterstrike....
why killing in reality?

but hey, i´m starting that oral war again... come on, shoot me down
Well considering I am going to spending a weekend at a place that I have been shot at before, I have to disagree. Guns are tools. Yes they can be very good fun, but if you are in harms way- It is better to have one than not to have one.

And the idea of killing someone is horrid, the idea of being a victim is more so though.

charles maynes
Old 20th April 2007
Gear Nut

how can you guys use that new stuff? since i'm old school, i like vintage.

Old 20th April 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
no way man, thats just us being flippant on a web forum. i think i can speak for both of us when i say that we hope we NEVER have to actually use it. its not like we're out in public waving our guns around. but if someone intends to do me harm, i'm prepared to defend myself. if that means taking another person's life, so be it.

" It´s not like we´re out in public waving our guns around..."

No? I used to think this was a public forum!?? sorry my mistake!

" if someone intends to do me harm, i´m prepared to defend myself..."

That´s why you need so badly that AR 15 with 100 round magazine!!
perhaps the SIG sauer, Colt or HK pistols dont kill the guy enough.
and dont forget to get that silencer and the red dot scope, they´re really handy tools for defense!!!

And... Big 3rd maybe instead of upgrading your weapons, you should instead upgrade your social skills, this is a better way to avoid getting yourself in trouble, no?

I no longer care about the tragic incidents related with firearms in your country... it happened again days ago!!! you people make me sick fuuck

I just hope Jules or one of the moderators quickly erase this thread, so other people cant read the **** you´re writing here and continue to respect you.

"Words lead to thoughts. Thoughts lead to action. Action leads to belief. Belief leads to being. I admire anyone who will even claim to not kill another human regardless of situation because they're taking a stand. What stand are you taking? Where will it lead?"

( wise words ) by improv

Peace
Old 20th April 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
i hope so....

i don't see what changing gun laws will do. if a psycho wants to flip out and kill people, he's going to do it regardless of the tool he uses. it could have just as easily (and cheaper) been a bomb that took out twice as many people.
Old 20th April 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio freak View Post

"Words lead to thoughts. Thoughts lead to action. Action leads to belief. Belief leads to being. I admire anyone who will even claim to not kill another human regardless of situation because they're taking a stand. What stand are you taking? Where will it lead?"

( wise words ) by improv

Peace
first- this is a limited access forum- you cannot get in here except by registering...

And second, as was previously stated, bombs kill people much more efficently- they are easy to build, and require very few regulated components.

You might dislike firearms, but that doesn't mean everyone should, or does feel the same- Now if justice prevailed, and we had no crime or injustice- you could have my guns then...

The police cannot defend us in the moment a crime against our person occurs. We are obligated to protect ourselves. If you choose to not do that, then that is your business not mine...

charles maynes
Old 20th April 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:

my mistake actually, i thought we were allowed to discuss guns without being accused of being gun waving nuts.

Quote:

That´s why you need so badly that CAR 15 with 100 round magazine!!
and dont forget to get that silencer and the red dot scope, they´re really handy tools for defense!!!

Well first off, i don't have an AR.

Secondly, yes sometimes an AR would be better suited to your self defense, like in a riot/looting situation where you would need multiple shots, at a greater range.

Same can be said for the red dot sight. Wouldn't you want a gun owner to be able to at least aim properly in a low light situation?

And as for the silencer, few people can even obtain these. They are incredible expensive, and you have to go through all sorts of Class 3 weapons red tape to get one...can't just go down to your local gun shop and buy one.

Quote:

I no longer care about the tragic incidents related with firearms in your country... it happened again days ago!!! you people make me sick fuuck

I just hope Jules or one of the moderators quickly erase this thread, so other people cant read the **** you´re writing here and continue to respect you.

And you make me sick. Because when the sh*t really hits the fan, you'd be the first one cowering behind a gun owner.

Yes, along with your lack of respect of our second amendment rights, you also have no respect for our first amendment rights of free speech.

So you're just not big on any of our rights at all huh? Good thing you don't live here then.

Quote:

( wise words ) by improv

Peace

I'll address that. The stand I'm taking is to defend my life if need be. It may lead to the death of someone who intends to do me harm, and I'm fine with that.

Like i said before, its real easy to say something like you would never kill regardless of the situation...but self preservation is high on our list of priorities whether you want to admit it or not. If it comes down to him or me dying, I'll choose him. And that makes me the stupid one? LOL, ok. Stupid and alive is better than smart and dead.
Old 20th April 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:

And the idea of killing someone is horrid, the idea of being a victim is more so though.

Old 20th April 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:

That´s why you need so badly that CAR 15 with 100 round magazine!!

And... Big 3rd maybe instead of upgrading your weapons, you should instead upgrade your social skills, this is a better way to avoid getting yourself in trouble, no?
children shouldn´t play with guns!

( wise words ) by improv

Peace
Wow.

Bit of a control issue there, my friend? The topic is clearly labled "who owns a gun?"

So why are you here?
Old 20th April 2007
Lives for gear

i havent been reading this thread but ill give my 2 cents:

1) virginia tech university had a gun ban on campus. did it go any good? no
2)the police who showed up with guns while the massacre was occuring did essentially nothing while it was occuring and finally bust down the door just as he kills himself. (sorry guys way too late. maybe more action and less hiding behind trees)
3)tons of evidence behind anti-depressants and suicide/ murder . check the stats. any debate on banning these terrible drugs? no. of course not. (not saying they dont do good things from some also but you cant discount these drugs as part of the problem)

my point. banning guns will never solve these types of problems and also dont trust the government to protect your life. essentially this is what a gun ban is. we dont trust good law abiding citizens to own guns. we'll do that. we'll protect you. c'mon just TRUST us.

changing gun laws will do nothing. criminals love nothing more than gun bans in places they do business.

criminals will always be able to get guns. (not to mention gun smuggling/black market will become much bigger more dangerous biz) psychopath crazies doped up on anti-depressents will still be able to get guns or any other weapon or object that can be used as weapon if they wish to do harm like va tech. corrupt police and governments will continue to have guns without any counter-check in power.

with a gun ban all law abiding citizens have no real way to protect themselves or keep the government from ultimately getting out of control. (newsflash: the US government continues to get more far reaching everyday) this should concern both US citizens and citizens of any other nation. why because this government continues to concern itself with other countries business. both economically or militarilly.

again, the police did NOTHING to stop the Va-tech cat from going on his spree after they arrived (except maybe hide behind a tree and wait for the feds to tell them what to do ). now had the gun ban NOT been implemented on campus there would have been a possibility (not saying it would happen but a possibility) that one of the teachers in the building would have one locked up in their office/desk for protection and may had been able to end the incident with fewer fatalities.

in a free society things like this can happen at any time. and reoccur from time to time. there is no way to prevent it. (except cultivate a culture of understanding, love, and compassion for one another and life itself)

america's foreign policy looks increasingly more like an empire out of control
america's police are getting more aggressive and tyrannical against the masses of general law abiding citizens.
america's laws and due process continue to be erroded very quickly
america's historically free and democratic press and media getting worse
america's currency is quickly being debased to zero
america's population is addicted to entertainment

more and more america is showing all the signs up an upcoming failed state. (check your history books)

they continue talking about disarming the american population? the last check that could keep the government from going totally out of control.

if i were a citizen living outside of america i would be more frightened about the american government DISARMING the american population. we might just be your last hope of keeping these guys in check.

owning a firearm does not make someone a gun nut . in my opinion it is common sense and also your duty as a citizen in a free society.

if the government of my state says i dont have the right to protect myself or my family i will pack my bags and move to another state.

carry on,
electric
Old 21st April 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by creegstor View Post
People who believe in guns are being less than human. Sad, sorry, scared, pared down versions of the real thing. It's interesting there are so many people like this in America where there is so much disconnection from anything with meaning. I feel sorry for all you guys. Maybe one day you'll wake up.

Pretty harsh don't you think?

Believe in guns, what does this mean? Guns exist. Do you want to believe, or pretend to believe they don't? I have a gun, so I guess you feel sorry for me. Not sure where your logic is there. I have a fire extinguisher that hangs on the wall near the door to the garage. It has been there for years. I hope I go through my whole life without ever having to pull the pin on one of those things. A gun is like that. It is in my little gun safe.
I hope I never have to take it out of there unexpectedly. Not much different than a fire extinguisher.
Old 21st April 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
Not much different than a fire extinguisher.
weird comparison...

of course, maybe the college shooting would have happened, in a similar way, without your right to carry weapons.
selfmade bombs, blackmarket weapon.

and of course, it´s about the common spirit of a society wether it´s a violent one or not.
but if you ciritisize the government: figure how much profit the government makes with the weapon and war market?

and really think about if it´s good or bad that some states give away weapons to ppl instantly without a mental-check or a waiting period or anything like that.

and if you feel the need to carry weapons, if you really NEED that law, you commit that your society is build up and based on violence, from the beginning on.
that is the problem. and it´s getting worse and worse, and it´s all about property and money and land and power.

and then again sentences like: an AR would be better in a looting situation...

i mean: maybe it´s not about that law in general... look at your neighbours canada, you may not like em, but they know how to handle this kind of situation without all the incidents. i guess it´s in the peoples minds. and if someone compares a robbery with a rape and if someone is ok with shooting a thief, thats not the right attitude, i think.

i really hope none of you must ever use his guns.
Old 22nd April 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:

and if you feel the need to carry weapons, if you really NEED that law, you commit that your society is build up and based on violence, from the beginning on.
that is the problem. and it´s getting worse and worse, and it´s all about property and money and land and power.

hate to be the pessimist here, but society is violent. this is true even before america existed. society has always been violent, and its always been about these same things. ..money, land, and power.

the world peace, everybody get along vision is nice and all, its just not realistic. unfortunate as it is.

Quote:
i really hope none of you must ever use his guns.

i think we're all with you here. no gun owner, well at least not the kind exhibited here, wants or hopes to have to use his or her gun.
Old 22nd April 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
look at your neighbours canada, you may not like em, but they know how to handle this kind of situation without all the incidents.
Are you pointing out that Canada has just as many, if not more, guns than the US?
Old 22nd April 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
Are you pointing out that Canada has just as many, if not more, guns than the US?
i don´t know any numbers, and there are many more citizens in the USA than in Canada.
I just thought that they can buy guns legally, too. but don´t have that many weapon-victims, and shootings going on. sorry for my english sometimes...

yeah. of course societys have been cruel and violent before the USA. and i don´t say that europe is a country full of peace and understanding. and yes, the usa should be different to europe. and vice versa. after all, it´s a different culture, based on a different history.

and europeans have a bloody history, too. no question.
but i don´t think that it´s unrealistic or wrong to dream of a better world. reality is what we do and also what we think we can do/achieve. and don´t tell me that all the criminals out there were born as criminals, most of the cases, the circumstances make them to criminals.
Old 22nd April 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by creegstor View Post
And there is exactly the same amount of freedom in Europe as in the US: None at all.
i think you´re right with everything, especially that sentence!
Old 23rd April 2007
Lives for gear

I thought I'd chime in for a second. I love my 2nd ammendment right. I'm applying for a concealed weapons permit in the state of Florida where I reside. I have a wife and four kids; 1 boy 3 girls. What I think most people miss is what the media reports as news. If the shooter at VT, and I'm trying to be sensitive here, was killed by a civilian carrying a concealed weopon before Cho killed 30 plus innocent people, it probably wouldn't have made national headlines. How many good news stories are reported by the media? If the threat were diminished before an attack, the news agencies usually don't report it but on a local level.

In the New Orleans case, the jury found the defendant not guilty of maslaughter because the victim had a metal object the defendant thought might have been a gun!!! If someone comes on to my property in the dark and has something in his hand that looks like it might be a lethal weapon, his arse is grarsse!! A warning shot fired only gives the perpetrator time to take aim and fire back. Even the Bible says that a man that doesn't protect his family is like an infadel. I'm no infadel!!

True story:
I was working at my studio during the day in 2003 in Gainesville, Fl. I came home and my wife told me a strange man came to the house selling children's books. Moments after the salesman left, the neighbor told her that the man selling the books was a registered child molester/predator and had been picked up by police hours later for violating the restraining order placed on him by the state (he wasn't allowed so many feet in proximity to children, I have four). When she told me this, I was furious. I was compelled to make a sign and post it in my yard stating his name and if he set foot anywhere on my yard, he would die. It sucks, but yes, I would do time in prison to protect my family. My children are precious.
Old 23rd April 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:

... along with your lack of respect of our second amendment rights, you also have no respect for our first amendment rights of free speech.

So you're just not big on any of our rights at all huh? Good thing you don't live here then.

It wasn´t my intention to desrespect any of you , so i´m really sorry if i ofended someone! i´m certainly not against the rights of free speech, please understand that my post had a certain tone because i was specialy mad about the campus shooting.

I said earlier that: " i no longer care for the firearms incidents in your country"
but the truth is... I REALLY CARE!!!, despite I am on the other side of the ocean!!!

I´m not against having a gun for protection but
the thing is... you´re all talking about guns in the slutiest way, the same way you talk about recording gear. Some of you have several weapons not just for defense but because you really like to have them. As someone stated before, "Guns are tools"... but make no mistake, tools designed to kill nothing more, nothing less !!!

i´m "big on the right" to not kill and i have a great respect for other peoples lifes, and for me that respect is well above the second amendment" !!!
If you think about that... it´s strange that the right to own a gun comes right after the right to free speach isn´t it?

Do you think you´re safer knowing everybody owns a gun?

And yes it´s a good thing i dont live there !!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search