The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Can we all stop pretending that Graham Cochrane isn't selling something?
Old 22nd January 2018
Here for the gear

His advice is great though and it seems to come from his heart - I 100% learned to record from his advice and my stuff is sounding pretty killer actually lol I honestly think he is a great educator and seems to be a down to earth guy. I think that he has build a great following because his advice is sound - and he seems to be honest and down to earth -
Old 28th January 2018
It would be good to close this thread. The bottom line is it's about being jealous of someone's success.
And I'm pretty sure it's against gearslutz policy to degrade a business owner. I'm surprised it hasn't been banned.
Old 28th January 2018
Gear Guru

I still don't know who this guy is, and I'm just confused and undecided on whether or not to pretend....
Old 13th March 2018
I wonder what folks think of guys like Warren Huart? I've seen some of his YouTube reviews and Q&A and I like his explanations.

About the only thing I wish he did more of is during a review, let the gear he's reviewing sound out a bit more before commenting, because his voice cuts in and out and makes the comparison of the gear (ON vs OFF) more difficult to differentiate. But that's really as nit-picky as I can get. I'm glad guys like this are out there willing to share and help others. Not tried his paid services yet, because I can't see previews or reviews, but his free stuff is awesome and in depth. A lot of in-depth guys like to hear themselves talk, but Warren has extensive experience and relates the little tidbits you want to hear from a professional that are often missed.
Old 13th March 2018
Lives for gear

Ok.
Then let's stop pretending we all aren't trying to sell something.

Last edited by Taurean; 13th March 2018 at 09:24 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 17th April 2018
Here for the gear

Lesson learned from thread: Musicians are ****ing catty and vapid like mall chicks.

Cool.
Old 12th May 2018
Lives for gear

Of course he's trying to sell something, who said he isn't?

He gives free advice on the internet (pretty good advice as well, IMO, but that's not relevant here), and also has links to some products he sells I believe.

So, has there been a misrepresentation of that somewhere? Where's the problem??
Old 10th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post

Let's see we have charismatic leader, check.
Flock who makes charismatic leader wealthy, check.
Proselytization of and "us vs them" absolute world, check.
Push to isolates oneself from the "others" that may corrupt you, check.
Leader who doesn't seem to be able to practice what he preaches, check.
Leader who pushes disciples to believe the true power is "in them", check.

Starting to sound familiar?
He's the Benny Hinn of home recording.

He has many disciples running around on youtube with blueprints of his business model. They all try to get people to hand over their email and sign up for the Super Life Hack Recording Cheat Sheet...in 6 easy steps, fren.

Personally, I think he's a jilted lover in a way...I think he joined gearslutz once upon a time many moons ago, bright eyed and bushy tailed...and got mercilessly bullied over his Mbox, Peavy amp knockoff and Behringer C2 stereo mic collection.

His jilted rage has fueled an empire. Poor guy. He never, ever should have let anything anyone said to him on gearslutz piss him off

I was at the gym in Hong Kong a few months ago and one of his songs came on over the gym music stream. Dunno how they select their music or where it comes from. But it was him!

Well, good on him, I thought. Not a bad song.

But yeah...he...desperately wants your email.

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search