Pets in the studio (pics)
Old 24th October 2005
Gear nut

Suipacha-Argentine Feline

Here is my kitty getting down in the studio...
Attached Thumbnails
Pets in the studio (pics)-dsc03801.jpg   Pets in the studio (pics)-dsc03692.jpg  
Old 24th October 2005
Lives for gear

hey majool.....don't get your cat stoned!! (re: pic 2)

heh
Old 24th October 2005
JTR
Lives for gear

This is Walt -

He rents a suite on the studio's top floor;

Claims to be a retired cartoon voice-over artist, but I dunno -
whenever we give him a set of headphones, he just starts dancing and running around the room, saying something about a steamboat and a guy named Willy:
I think he used to do a lot of drugs

Sometimes, at night, I'll wake up and see him standing at the foot of my bed, just staring at me with that big smile, like in the photo

Harmless fellow; keeps the cats away.
Attached Thumbnails
Pets in the studio (pics)-studiorat.jpg  
Old 24th October 2005
Lives for gear

This is a great thread! I love all the pet pics, especially tvanveen's dog, what a beauty!

Maybe there should be a GearSlutz calander with these pics, "Pets and Preamps" or . . . ?????
Old 24th October 2005
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1
Clumping litter and a once-a-day cleaning and you should be able to more or less forget the cat box most of the time.
I know, they're not my cats and it's not my space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJohn
This is a great thread! I love all the pet pics, especially tvanveen's dog, what a beauty!
She knows it. heh
Old 24th October 2005
Lives for gear

Really lovin' Platypus' picture. Everytime I've seen it while opening this thread, that pose cracks me up.

Peece,
T. Tauri
Old 24th October 2005

Couldn't resist posting more pics of Mr Pouffy Boy. Such a nice companion...
Attached Thumbnails
Pets in the studio (pics)-gs-dsc00197.jpg  
Old 24th October 2005
Gear Head

Here's a related question for all you cat owners.
So, after some protesting about a dirty litter box, my cat decided to pee on top of a gig bag full of cables and effects boxes.

After a couple of scrubbings first with dish soap and then some generic orange cleaner (and removing all of the velcro from the effects), I've got most of the stink out but it's still kind of there.

Any other ideas? I'd rather not have to toss a few hundred dollars worth of cables and gear, though thankfully she didn't get a hold of anything irreplaceable.
Old 24th October 2005
Gear Guru

the Kit and the Pendulum
Attached Thumbnails
Pets in the studio (pics)-cat-pendulum.jpg  
Old 24th October 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney Gene
That is excellent Paul! Our little dudes rule the roost...We ain't gots us no chitlins so these two get it all!

....Man..these two are Professional Nappers...!!
Mine rule the roost too. I'm sure yours have giant personalities like mine. I have one good looking one and one that didn't bother to read the breed standard. Looks like you have the same thing. They sure are fun to watch run. Earl is lightning fast. The only type of dog that can keep up is a whippet.

Yours look like they are a good size. I like them between 15 and 20 lbs, maybe a little closer to 20. Small enough to be a lap dog inside but big enough to take care of themselves outside.
Old 24th October 2005
Lives for gear

here is my dog Gaku taking a nap on the studio couch.
poor guy had a broken leg at the time.

RU with me?
Dr.Wu
Attached Thumbnails
Pets in the studio (pics)-gaku.jpg  
Old 24th October 2005
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joneps
So, after some protesting about a dirty litter box, my cat decided to pee on top of a gig bag full of cables and effects boxes.
Yeah, the cats in our rehearsal space do this on occasion.

The thing that seemed to work for me was one of those spray Oxy products...might have been Fantastic Oxy Power.

The next step was to go to the pet store and get the Pee-B-Gone, or whatever it's called.

tv
Old 25th October 2005
nek
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by joneps

After a couple of scrubbings first with dish soap and then some generic orange cleaner (and removing all of the velcro from the effects), I've got most of the stink out but it's still kind of there.

Any other ideas? I'd rather not have to toss a few hundred dollars worth of cables and gear, though thankfully she didn't get a hold of anything irreplaceable.
Rubbing Alcohol

My dog peed on a lot of my guitar effect pedals one day. I tried a few products, but only rubbing alcohol would clean them completely. Works like charm and disinfects too.

Needless to say, I don't let my dog in my studio any more.
Old 25th October 2005
Old 25th October 2005
Lives for gear

Old 25th October 2005
Gear Guru

nice photos, Knox
Old 25th October 2005
Gear Head

The Party is over! Billy Goat down!
Attached Thumbnails
Pets in the studio (pics)-billy-goat-down.jpg  
Old 25th October 2005
Lives for gear

Knox,

Very impressive photography! ( Used to have a darkroom. Never had such beautiful pics in the bowl.)

Seems you are having a tough invironment there for cats.
... But maybe that´s just the normal case for cats, in this case only becoming so obvious because you observe it.
I read that cats leaving the house meanwhile in average reach an age of only two years. If people realized that cats are no cheap articles that you can just exchange or dismiss things would be different.

My cousin whom I talked to on Sunday mentioned that he had been doing homework with his little doughter. It was a little essay about dogs and cats. He said the source material was mentioning reasons for why cats so often were hated by people. ( You wouldn´t believe how many cat haters are around. I stumble over them all the time.)

The materail said cats were about the most perfect creatures on earth, with their sleight and versatility, and typically make humans envious.
I know of a couple more reasons from histrory like the god damn inheritance of idiotic church hound during middle age, which is still being unconsciously forwarded among people from generation to generation, but thought the above observation to be just as plausible.

Complex driven human perspective of envy on everything, even on unconscious animals. Can you believe it.

Ruphus

PS: JFlush, cute pic. Your cat looks very close to mine. Seems to have hair under the palms like a main coon, but no tuft on the tip of the ears. Is it a main coon?
Old 25th October 2005
Gear Head

Betsy lettin loose at a Post session

Good Ole Betsy hittin the hi notes for a post sync session. She sings on cue every time.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Betsyhinote.bmp (2.85 MB, 2156 views)

Last edited by Blackfoot; 25th October 2005 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: photo didnt load
Old 25th October 2005
I love cats, but this is one reason why I do not want to buy another one. You cannot control a cat to not go where you don't want them to. Having them walk on the keyboards, mixer, jumping on top of the monitors. Then I have to have the cat litter in the basement bathroom, and keep them there when I go out and the house alarm is on. Too much of a pain, not to mention the hair.

For those reasons, I will be getting a small dog for my kids.
Old 25th October 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks . . .
Many people don't spay and neuter . . . so their cats are out screwing every other cat in the neighborhood, so of course there are unwanted kittens born . . . AND some people just dump cats when they no longer fit their 'life style'. Feral cats and 'homeless' cats are a huge problem in the world. My hope is . . . the book will bring attention to this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruphus
Knox,

Very impressive photography! ( Used to have a darkroom. Never had such beautiful pics in the bowl.)

Seems you are having a tough invironment there for cats.
... But maybe that´s just the normal case for cats, in this case only becoming so obvious because you observe it.
I read that cats leaving the house meanwhile in average reach an age of only two years. If people realized that cats are no cheap articles that you can just exchange or dismiss things would be different.

My cousin whom I talked to on Sunday mentioned that he had been doing homework with his little doughter. It was a little essay about dogs and cats. He said the source material was mentioning reasons for why cats so often were hated by people. ( You wouldn´t believe how many cat haters are around. I stumble over them all the time.)

The materail said cats were about the most perfect creatures on earth, with their sleight and versatility, and typically make humans envious.
I know of a couple more reasons from histrory like the god damn inheritance of idiotic church hound during middle age, which is still being unconsciously forwarded among people from generation to generation, but thought the above observation to be just as plausible.

Complex driven human perspective of envy on everything, even on unconscious animals. Can you believe it.

Ruphus

PS: JFlush, cute pic. Your cat looks very close to mine. Seems to have hair under the palms like a main coon, but no tuft on the tip of the ears. Is it a main coon?
Old 25th October 2005
Lives for gear

thanks . . . good models is all. *smile*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq
nice photos, Knox
Old 26th October 2005
Gear interested

bump !!!
Old 27th October 2005
Gear Maniac
Knox,

Sent a note to the info@ address on the site. Love the photos and would like to talk to you about repros for our nursery. Great work, and I'll look forward to catching up soon.

Best,

Michael
Old 27th October 2005
Gear nut

Pete Guarding my Mix

Doing some Voice Overs at home and Pete is always on the desk makeing sure no one messes with my mix.
Attached Thumbnails
Pets in the studio (pics)-pete-guarding-my-mix.jpg  
Old 27th October 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfoot
Good Ole Betsy hittin the hi notes for a post sync session. She sings on cue every time.
Betsy looks a lot like my female Shadow.
Attached Thumbnails
Pets in the studio (pics)-28550350722_235.jpg  
Old 27th October 2005
Lives for gear

Here's my male Clown
Attached Thumbnails
Pets in the studio (pics)-28549443714_235.jpg  
Old 27th October 2005
Lives for gear

And Rufus the cat.

The pets all stay at home. The studio's a big enough mess with all those rock bands in and out!
Attached Images

Old 27th October 2005
Gear nut

those little kittens...

knox,

damn, nice photos. made me a little sad to look at those pictures. being a cat person myself.
Old 27th October 2005
Lives for gear

Wish I could have a cat in the studio. Had one a long time ago and a major client was allergic. Not very good to have a singer's throat closing while recording.

Now wife is allergic. No kitty. Except for the feral cat we have been feeding. He doesn't come inside.

His name is Bob.

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search