The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Billy's Back ... Paul Is Dead
Old 22nd November 2016
Gear Guru

Billy's Back ... Paul Is Dead

OK - can't find a thread on this, but it's a subject of interest to anyone who regards the Beatles as a musical influence. The subject of whether Paul McCartney died in 1966 and was replaced is an old conspiracy theory that has never gone away. Now it would appear that Paul McCartney - or close associates - are actively promoting it still.

I refer to the book I have just read - the Memoirs of Billy Shears. This is the most intriguing, disturbing, disgusting thing I have ever read. Note that there are shorter books that are sold without the disturbing chapters - because this is a book you can't recommend to anyone, it is that shocking.

It is sold as a fictional novel - so straight up, it can all be denied. But all through the book it states that this is not really a novel - it is allegedly the truth that Paul McCartney wants to share with the world before he dies. Maybe it is his sick idea of humour. Or maybe close friends or relatives in his empire are securing their financial fortune by stirring up controversy. Or maybe this is twisted fan art - completely bogus. But here are some thoughts ...

The Rotten Apple videos that have been post over recent years (easy to google) have been slowly leaking and promoting this idea. The videos are quite slick - and would appear to include insider footage and knowledge.

This book is substantial and very convincing that it has the Sir J P McCartney endorsement. But as the book says - ask him publicly and he will deny all, for financial and contractual reasons. But it appears to be a genuine confession and testimony from a remarkable man with a remarkable talent and a remarkable story.

Consider this:

Macca is ubelievably rich ... and with great money comes great power and with great power comes great responsibility and the ever present risk of corruption.

The military, economic and political power of this guy means that the public are not likely to be told the real truth - and the strange claims made seem perfectly reasonable compared to war stories (and this tale come very close on the tails of WWII - these are war babies).

Now we know that Apple Corp has powerful laywers. They took on Apple Inc and won. I live in a city that used to have a nice little steakhouse called Sergeant Peppers - and they sold Beatles stuff, and it was a great place. But the Beatles lawyers shut them down. They are heavies that nobody messes with.

So if this Billy Shear book was a pile of crap written by somebody they do not approve of - you can bet your bottom dollar that Macca would have destroyed them and ensured the truth was told. But - it would appear that Macca is - as publicly as he can without perjuring himself - endorsing this book and feeding the Paul is Dead controversy. Is it just marketing??

Something that I see as very strong endorsement is the 4,5 seconds video. I think this is a very well written pop song - from a true genius. Musically, it's worth studying to see what makes it work. Seems simple - it's not. Just like perfect pop music.

But Pauls appearance in this video is odd ... a lot of shots of his back. I think you will find this is a strong hint at endorsing this book (and Billy's Back) and a strong theme in the PID community ... If he wanted to distance himself from this nonsense, he does not appear to being doing that ...

And what is worse ... an autobiography that is called non-fiction but contains lies - OR - a work that upfront says "this is fiction - to protect myself and other people" BUT - contains huge amounts of truth ...

This is clever, clever, stuff but deeply disturbing. Do NOT investigate this if you are squeamish - it will challenge your world views. Which I think is the intent.

I am a-Pauled ... not in a good way - and having to reasses a lot of what I believe.

Next post i'll give you an overview, so you have an idea of what this is all about ...
Old 22nd November 2016
Gear Guru

OK - brief points:
Early Beatles (and Stones and other rock groups) took some lessons with some Satanists, and although no contracts were signed, they prayed to Satan. Some months later they experienced unprecedented fame and fortune. But there is always a high price with the occult, and Paul started to dream supernatural death dreams, and had an understanding that his life was to be sacrificed 11th September 1966. There is much numerology in this book. This death fixation had an impact on the other Beatles, and they stopped writing silly love songs and wrote those darker songs we all know. There are many deaths in the Beatles story - and many other famous rock groups in a similar situation - occult, military - powerful, scary people who wanted their power and influence. Demons seem to require sacrifices.

So Paul died 11th September 1966 in a car crash with a girl he picked up. The story goes that his replacement had already been groomed and selected. A very talented session player and amazing vocalist (the man of a 1000 voices). Historical evidence is given. Everyone used show names in those days - there are several names. But William Shepherd aka Billy Shears is a scotsman with family link to Sir William Wallace (Braveheart). For sake of convenience - people call the fake Paul "Faul" - since George Harrison can be heard calling him this in a video.

Story goes - The Beatles had to stopping touring, since the height difference was too obvious. Cosmetic surgery, prosthetics, muscle training (the eyebrow) etc pulled off the illusion. His voice and mannerisms were easy to copy. He had to learn to play bass guitar left handed - and has been caught out playing right handed. Allegedly records right handed. Fans notice different eye color, different height, different ears ... photographs were slowly morphed and eventually the public got to recognise the new Paul. His singing and playing talents and work ethic are much stronger than original Paul. The creepy stuff is that there is strong occultic stuff - and Faul believes he is possesed by Paul, and benefits from this muse ...

Billy also says that he was Vivian Stanshall - comedy act that often used diguises. Very clever stuff - and a completely different voice and personality. I find it easy to believe that a talented man could pull off both the Paul McCartney role and the Viv Stanshall role - both are acting roles, playing a part. Fantastic music and comedy ...

Now identities and histories can be faked and invented by criminals, police, military, governments ... I would suggest that if Viv Stanshall was a real man with family, it would be cruel and rude to associate oneself with a book that states that he (Billy) WAS this alter ego. Money can buy silence it's true ... and no doubt the estate of Viv Stanshall will benefit from this publicity. But I find it easy to believe they are one and the same ... look at any great actor playing multiple roles (like Orphan Black - Tatiana is amazing). Billy could easily fake both personalities - money, time and talent, and a creative need to break out of the box ... I can see it.

Also explains why Paul McCartney interviews are a bit fake .... and there are many insiders who knew or know the secret who are named. This is cold war spy stuff - could easily be true.

The dynamics of this death/replacement have a huge impact on the Beatles music and tragic lives ... it explains a *lot* ...

The Sergeant Peppers album was the first - and the strong association with Aleister Crowley is no illusion. It's real. Macca trys to distance himself from Satanists - contantly stating how superior he is personally to the other Beatles, and to the Rolling Stones who are more obvious Satanists.

The Masonic connection is explained. There are 33 levels of Mason - Masons can keep secrets and make things happen. There are 13 levels of Illuminati above Masons - it would suggest Paul and his great wealth puts him above the Masonic level. This is high level occult stuff - be warned.

This is how new religions are formed - this is very dangerous stuff. People die.

I could go on ... this is unbelievable, and yet strangely believable.

Macca and his layers and wealth could destroy this if this was libel or slander. I think he is feeding it ... does that make it true?

He explains how The Beatles put strong clues in all their work - the whole thing really informs The 3rd phase of The Beatles, and Pauls subsequent work.

Publicly he denies all.

But if this book is true, it is a sad lesson - very similar to the tale of King Solomon who he compares himself with. I feel sad that - as he nears his end of life on earth - he states his belief in an afterlife. But it is a very occultic view, and I fear he will find out too late he has backed the wrong team.

This is a story of massive ego, deception, deceipt, corruption, vice. He gives insite into how he, and the "social engineers" above him have set out to destroy society. He brags of his role in bringing drugs to the youth. This is a story of a love affiair with death - and extreme blaphamy that will upset many people. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Paul doesn't have absolute power - but this is a story of corruption.
Old 22nd November 2016
Gear Guru

Paul McCartney has been a huge influence on my musical life. Huge. But if I ever got to talk to him - I would not talk music. I would ask him this:

If you work for people what ask you to lie FOR them - how do you know that they will not lie TO you? Can you trust the promises that have been made - especially eternal ones?
Old 25th November 2016
Lives for gear

Is there a popcorn icon? I believe in many conspiracy theories, some of which have been admitted, but I don't believe this one. There are way too many insurmountable problems (eg getting every person who knew him ever to go along with the story) and no real motive (the Stones continued minus Brian Jones without it harming their career, if William Campbell or whoever was that brilliant why didn't they just ask him to join?) It seems an extraordinary length to go to especially given they would only continue recording for another three years. Also the evidence I've seen is almost non-existent and mostly a lot of 'apparentlys.' (his height, eye colour, teeth etc didn't change, birthmarks are all identical.) In fact one of the things that always struck me about Paul is how little he changed over the years. If anyone seemed to look and become an almost completely different person between 1966 and 68 it was John.
I haven't checked what they were up to on Sep 11, 1966, but knowing how busy they were I'd be very surprised if they'd have anything like the time to integrate a new member, teach him all Paul's back story, how to sing, move and talk like him and then within six months have written and recorded the entirety of Sgt Pepper.
Old 25th November 2016
Lives for gear

So you're saying:
"Old" Paul:

Yesterday
Michelle
Eleanor Rigby
Good Day Sunshine

Then the tragic loss of a great songwriter.

Replaced with:
"New" Paul:

When I'm 64
Fool On The Hill
Penny Lane
Blackbird
Let It Be
Long And Winding Road
Get Back

So what are the odds of finding a lookalike who happens to be another amazing songwriter, with similar lyrical and musical styling?
Old 25th November 2016
Lives for gear

And we did not land on the moon and the holocaust did not happen....

I realize this is a topic free zone but this just goes beyond being ridiculous. And no, Walrus does not have the lyrics I buried Paul. It is CLEARLY Cranberry Sauce.
Old 26th November 2016
Gear Addict

It all sounds to me like some mello yello custard, dripping from a dead dogs eye.
Old 26th November 2016
mmmmm....interesting...

Paul was indeed involved in a car crash in 1966.
You can see his chipped tooth in one of the Paperback Writer film clips. In fact the accident happened the day (or two days) before shooting the clip.
Around this time or shortly after , Paul finally took some acid at the insistence of at least two other Beatles ( most likely John and George) ....btw , two Beatles are tripping on the cover of the Sargeant Pepper and it's not the rhythm section.
Then around this period ( late 1966 ) Lennon starts to write 'A day in the life' which makes reference to the car crash ... 'they'd seen his face before' ... although Lennon always claimed this was about an English Heir (Tara Browne) who had the accident and died at the scene.
The story goes on but what is very apparent is Pauls change in character and look after his first LSD trip ( whenever that was - late 1966 -definitely after recording Revolver and but before SPLHCB ).

That's what we are seeing-
Paul McCartney pre acid (-1966) , then post acid (1966- ).
Two different Pauls.

Last edited by flanagan; 28th November 2016 at 06:59 PM..
Old 26th November 2016
Quote:
If you work for people what ask you to lie FOR them - how do you know that they will not lie TO you? Can you trust the promises that have been made - especially eternal ones?
I'm not sure if he really cares.
I mean given the complexity of maintaining business interests with a fortune of close to one Billion his mind might be elsewhere , like writing the next tune for example.
Plus he's already been let down a few times - Heather Mills , Magic Alex , Jimmy McCulloch ( who left Wings to join the reformed Small Faces ) .

Will there be a third Paul McCartney ?
I don't think so- unless he gets the surgery on his vocal chords that gives him another twenty years of extended performance- and why not? He is a 74 year old vegan , he's already had surgery.

Then again , sometimes it's hard to think of the current Sir Paul as the same bearded 'bloke' in the Let It Be film.

Maybe this is the third McCartney !
Old 26th November 2016
Quote:
Billy also says that he was Vivian Stanshall - comedy act that often used diguises.
Vivian Stanshall was the lead singer from the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band.
That's where the story breaks down a bit for me , Vivian is clearly a different being than Billy as they both appear simultaneously in the Magical Mystery Tour film ( the scene in the strip club ) .
Old 26th November 2016
Lives for gear

Apart from that and the different heights, hair colour, eye colour etc, Stanshall continued performing until his death in 1995.
Old 28th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post

Now we know that Apple Corp has powerful laywers. They took on Apple Inc and won. I live in a city that used to have a nice little steakhouse called Sergeant Peppers - and they sold Beatles stuff, and it was a great place. But the Beatles lawyers shut them down. They are heavies that nobody messes with.

We had a similar place called "Sergeant Peppers" on Gunn Hwy in Odessa, Fl. that had to change it's name for the same reason.

Can you imagine having a set of lawyers that do nothing but look for such instances.

What a life that must be. The thrill of the hunt included and to be getting paid for it.
Old 28th November 2016
Lives for gear

As far as intellectual property goes, what some people don't understand is that if you do not actively persue it's protection, that sets a precedent that can be used later against you in a trademark or copyright case that has in fact caused you financial loss.
Old 28th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillCrazy View Post
Can you imagine having a set of lawyers that do nothing but look for such instances.
I know a guy whose full time job was tracking down businesses whose names ended in "R Us."
Old 28th November 2016
Awesome post Kiwi

I now know wich book to treat myself to for the comming hollidays ...
Old 30th November 2016
Lives for gear

Sounds almost as ridiculous as Da Vinci Code.
That did very well, so that is where the idea came from?
You did a very good advertising job on the book, Kiwi, but sorry I won't be buying> US politics at the moment is way more bizzare and entertaining.
Old 20th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdotDdot View Post
And Bernard Purdie re-did all of Ringo's drums!
Old 20th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
This is the most intriguing, disturbing, disgusting thing I have ever read. Note that there are shorter books that are sold without the disturbing chapters - because this is a book you can't recommend to anyone, it is that shocking.
I haven't read it, and won't, because it sounds really stupid. but......

I used to think the original Paul is dead thing was kind of entertaining as part of Beatle history, but in light of all the truly dangerous kooks in the world, I find that aspect (the kooks) somewhat disturbing and disgusting now. It was a well known hoax. Do people really believe moronic things like this 50 years later?
Old 20th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhamilton View Post
And Bernard Purdie re-did all of Ringo's drums!
I actually find that one very interesting as he had so little motive to lie being a highly regarded drummer already and it only made him look like a liar/fantasist. My theory is that he was asked to overdub some drum parts to some muddy live recordings eg the Shea Stadium tapes or the early Hamburg recordings (live at the Starclub perhaps?) and thought he was being asked to replace Ringo's parts.
Old 20th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentvangogo View Post
I actually find that one very interesting as he had so little motive to lie being a highly regarded drummer already and it only made him look like a liar/fantasist. My theory is that he was asked to overdub some drum parts to some muddy live recordings eg the Shea Stadium tapes or the early Hamburg recordings (live at the Starclub perhaps?) and thought he was being asked to replace Ringo's parts.
Yeah, I think so, too. There's some on the Tony Sheridan recordings that I believe are the ones. But I don't think Ringo was ever replaced, except by the great and talented and one-of-a-kind Paul McCartney, of course!

There's an article somewhere on the internet (a sensible one!) that did a good job of pinpointing what went down with Bernard and which recordings it possibly or probably was.
Old 20th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah, I think so, too. There's some on the Tony Sheridan recordings that I believe are the ones. But I don't think Ringo was ever replaced, except by the great and talented and one-of-a-kind Paul McCartney, of course!

There's an article somewhere on the internet (a sensible one!) that did a good job of pinpointing what went down with Bernard and which recordings it possibly or probably was.
That's interesting, I didn't know others had come to the same conclusion.
Old 20th December 2016
Lives for gear
So the Paul that I listened to for two hours at the first date of his latest tour is a doppelgänger? That's such a load of nonsense! It doesn't deserve more comment.
Old 20th December 2016
Gear doesn't kill people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdotDdot View Post

I realize this is a topic free zone but this just goes beyond being ridiculous. And no, Walrus does not have the lyrics I buried Paul. It is CLEARLY Cranberry Sauce.
They are not much more believable than this Macca story actually.
Old 20th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentvangogo View Post
That's interesting, I didn't know others had come to the same conclusion.
I tried briefly to find the article, but couldn't. The guy went through dates and everything, things that Purdie claimed, that couldn't possibly be true. Did find people discussing it on another forum. The consensus is that he may have done some overdubbing on 3 tracks when Atco re-released the Tony Sheridan recordings (so the original releases are different).

I remember wondering who this Purdie kook was the first time I heard this story, and then discovered he was a fantastic drummer! I guess being really good doesn't mean you might not stretch the truth or remember things incorrectly.
Old 20th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by creegstor View Post
They are not much more believable than this Macca story actually.
I guess nothing is believable unless there are facts and proof.
Old 20th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
I guess nothing is believable unless there are facts and proof.
When we were recording our album at Abbey Road in 1969, I walked by him almost every other day in the hallway, and had met and spoken with him a couple of times previously.

During all this, I was getting letters from back home in St Louis from friends saying
"Hey what do you think about all this "PID" stuff?"

TH
Old 22nd December 2016
you need professional help Kiwi, this is pure trash.
Old 23rd December 2016
Lives for gear

The Shears family came from a family that were barbers for generations. In the early 60's, some of the siblings broke with family tradition and formed The Shears Family Singers. One of them, Billy, bore a striking resemblance to Paul McCartney. When The Beatles took off, Billy Sheers would do a few Beatle songs in The Shears Family Singers set they'd perform at night clubs. When Paul McCartney was run over by Linda McCartney driving the Volkswagen Beetle on Abbey Road while she was trying to get a handle on driving on the left side of the road, Billy Sheers was quickly recruited to take Paul's place. The rationale at the time was to prepare fans for the cultural shock. The plan was to have Billy Sheers go to the hospital as Paul McCartney, and then have him "die" of pneumonia. However, Billy Sheers saw this as his big break and worked very hard on writing original material for a possible new Beatle record. He hardly slept, churning out "Baby, You Can't Drive My Car" (about Linda Striking Paul with the Volkswagen Beetle-- they did remove the "n't" in the final version). In a creative frenzy, Billy wrote "Yesterday" and "We Can Work It Out" in the same morning upon awakening just days after McCartney expired. The famous Butcher cover was inspired by Paul's mangled car-crashed body. We could go on and on relating all the details, but Billy's material was so strong, all decided to keep the charade going. In fact, it worked so well that when John Lennon and George Harrison passed away, The Shears Family Singers members Harold Shears and Darren Shears had plastic surgery done in Beverly Hills with the idea to stage a Beatles reunion. The story would be that John and George had faked their deaths-- John because he was going to be deported from the US to England, and George just didn't want to do another Traveling Wilbury's album. But Harold in his quest to look like John Lennon acquired a serious infection and died ten days after the surgery, and Darren didn't come out looking anything like George Harrison, so that Beatles reunion would never happen. The least interesting part of this is that absolutely none of it is true.
Old 24th December 2016
Lives for gear

That is a better story than book in OP.
Old 31st December 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldLangSine View Post
The Shears family came from a family that were barbers for generations. In the early 60's, some of the siblings broke with family tradition and formed The Shears Family Singers. One of them, Billy, bore a striking resemblance to Paul McCartney. When The Beatles took off, Billy Sheers would do a few Beatle songs in The Shears Family Singers set they'd perform at night clubs. When Paul McCartney was run over by Linda McCartney driving the Volkswagen Beetle on Abbey Road while she was trying to get a handle on driving on the left side of the road, Billy Sheers was quickly recruited to take Paul's place. The rationale at the time was to prepare fans for the cultural shock. The plan was to have Billy Sheers go to the hospital as Paul McCartney, and then have him "die" of pneumonia. However, Billy Sheers saw this as his big break and worked very hard on writing original material for a possible new Beatle record. He hardly slept, churning out "Baby, You Can't Drive My Car" (about Linda Striking Paul with the Volkswagen Beetle-- they did remove the "n't" in the final version). In a creative frenzy, Billy wrote "Yesterday" and "We Can Work It Out" in the same morning upon awakening just days after McCartney expired. The famous Butcher cover was inspired by Paul's mangled car-crashed body. We could go on and on relating all the details, but Billy's material was so strong, all decided to keep the charade going. In fact, it worked so well that when John Lennon and George Harrison passed away, The Shears Family Singers members Harold Shears and Darren Shears had plastic surgery done in Beverly Hills with the idea to stage a Beatles reunion. The story would be that John and George had faked their deaths-- John because he was going to be deported from the US to England, and George just didn't want to do another Traveling Wilbury's album. But Harold in his quest to look like John Lennon acquired a serious infection and died ten days after the surgery, and Darren didn't come out looking anything like George Harrison, so that Beatles reunion would never happen. The least interesting part of this is that absolutely none of it is true.
The only response to this is surely "cool story bro"....right?
Closed Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search