The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Nikon iso problem
Old 6th September 2010
Nikon iso problem

Hey i'm having problems with my Nikon SLR, when i use it in manual, aperture or shutter priority modes in a dark environment it tries to turn up the ISO. I have it set to say at 100 but it keeps turning it up to 1600.

Is it possible to stop the camera from doing this? i want to leave the ISO at 100 at all times even if it thinks it needs more light.

Thanks!
Old 7th September 2010
Old 8th September 2010
Nikon iso problem

Sorted this out, theres two diffrent menus, one while in shooting mode and another while its not in shooting mode!
Old 8th September 2010
Gear Addict

Glad you got it sorted. Just out of curious what Nikon are you using? The only reason I ask is that the noise reduction at high ISOs on newer Nikons is pretty outstanding, and is one of the primary reasons I shoot Nikon for digital (I still shoot medium format film when I'm being picky). Anyway, good to see there are some other photobugs here!
Old 8th September 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Glad you got it sorted. Just out of curious what Nikon are you using? The only reason I ask is that the noise reduction at high ISOs on newer Nikons is pretty outstanding, and is one of the primary reasons I shoot Nikon for digital (I still shoot medium format film when I'm being picky). Anyway, good to see there are some other photobugs here!
It would better to output raw files and avoid any in camera noise reduction .
PP does a much better job and leaves your options open .

Still have an Ensign medium format myself !
Marriott - Ensign Selfix 12-20

I always thought there would be a few of us lurking
Old 8th September 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yago View Post
It would better to output raw files and avoid any in camera noise reduction .
PP does a much better job and leaves your options open .
No doubt - good point! Memory cards are so cheap now that I set my camera to save each photo in RAW and JPEG format just in case I want to screw around with it later.

Not familiar with the Ensign but it sounds like a cool camera -- I use an old Pentax 645. I got back to shooting film this summer when my Nikon was in the shop and forgot how fun and quick it is to shoot film. I love digital for shooting moving targets and low light conditions, but digital can't come close to medium and large format film for landscapes.

I guess we can start a photogearslutz thread!
Old 9th September 2010
Nikon iso problem

Im using a d60 which is a low end slr but for me its perfect, to be honnest there is a lot of noise at high iso settings even though its the newer technology. My cousin has a d300 and that can be set to 3200 iso and you wouldnt realise it!

If someone started an slr thread or a photo thread that would be great!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search