The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Suggestions on Video Cameras for making YouTube videos?
Old 3rd September 2010
Gear Addict

Question Suggestions on Video Cameras for making YouTube videos?

I'm looking for a decent video camera in the $200-$300 range for making Youtube videos of my sessions. Right now, I'm just rocking the video feature on my Canon Powershot, but I want better.

Someone recommended the Zoom Q3, and while it has nice sound, the video doesn't seem to be any better than my Powershot.

Any suggestions?
Old 14th September 2010
Lightbulb

A used Canon Vixia (any model) will serve you well.
Old 18th September 2010
Gear Addict

Thanks for the suggestion! I actually bought a Flip Ultra HD. I'm impressed with it outdoors, but indoors, not so much...
Old 21st September 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic View Post
Thanks for the suggestion! I actually bought a Flip Ultra HD. I'm impressed with it outdoors, but indoors, not so much...
We have one of those, they're pretty fun! If you get battery charging issues there's a fix out there for it, it has to do with the usb state hanging up in Windows (if that's what you're using). It's just a simple power down, remove batteries thing, but it's something to watch out for (I though my battery pack was shot after only a year! Not the case...)
For $35 you can get a waterproof case, I took mine in the lake this summer and it was a blast. Gorilla pods are your friend too as you can stick these little guys anywhere.
Under low light it is super grainy, so yeah, caveat emptor. My Canon Elph shoots good video, but it's a small Standard Def picture and our Canon Rebel T2i shoots HD at 1080p, but it's way too fragile and bulky for some applications. I'm going to try setting up the flip to record a live show and sync it in Vegas with audio from my Zoom H4N, I hope it can handle the lighting conditions.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search