The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Simple Mac Web Design Application
Old 3rd September 2010
Gear Nut

Simple Mac Web Design Application

Any options? I want something REALLY easy to use. I'm looking to build a pretty simple site, text some images and mp3s? Any suggestions. I tried the wordpress route last year but got frustrated with the amount of crap around.

Ha edit-didnt even know i have iWeb! Seems pretty much what i wanted

Cheers
Old 3rd September 2010
Lives for gear

iWeb?
Old 3rd September 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by therecordinghous View Post
iWeb?
comes as part of iLife. Funny it wasnt on the dock so i never assumed i had it on this machine. Though i only had iPhoto, iMovie etc...
Old 6th September 2010
Gear Maniac

RapidWeaver.
Old 6th September 2010
Lives for gear

I don't know if RapidWeaver would be considered REALLY easy...
I've spent a few hours with it and am still trying to get the workflow down. But I'm trying to get a little deeper.
Maybe try sites.google.com
Old 6th September 2010
Lives for gear
I believe "Artisteer" is fairly straightforward.. no experience of it but i had it bookmarked for future reference.. They do have a Mac version.
A quick google shows up some Youtube vids.
YouTube - Website Design with Artisteer
Old 8th September 2010
Lives for gear

+1 for iWeb. I tried various routs, from html, rapidweaver etc. now use only iWeb. And changed hosting to mobile me. Quite cheap, easy tu use (some other hosts are a pain to use) and unlikely to go out of business.
Old 7th October 2010
Lives for gear

Been on GS for about 8 years and first time in the off-topic section!

So yeah, i saw this existing thread and thought i'd bump as I was to start a new one with the same question. I actually have made a site in iWeb, portfolio style, to display some quicktimes/music but after a few years I find it's looking a bit stale and could use a little spice. I was told I could migrate the whole thing into something like Wordpress? I have to look into that, but short of starting the entire site over from scratch, is there anything I can add the just enhance a few things, without going all Flash crazy? I mean, just a little animation here and there, or even turning it more into a blog/site....

Dunno....

thanks for any advice!
Old 7th October 2010
Lives for gear

No to answer you question krou... sorry

but..

I just rebuilt my website using Rapid Weaver + Stacks plugin (+stacks add-ons)

It was very, very easy.

Old 7th October 2010
Gear Guru

Rapidweaver wouldn't install on my system. The company basically ripped me off. They have no been able to help me fix it and they have not refunded me.

I'm on 10.4.11. I suggested this was the problem, since it says not for use on OS earlier than Leopard, but they INSIST it works fine for Tiger. Yet they have ignored my refund request and keep referring me to support and support keeps sending me instructions that I follow to a T. I's a vicious loop. What a terrible experience and company.
Old 7th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryrobinett View Post
Rapidweaver wouldn't install on my system. The company basically ripped me off. They have no been able to help me fix it and they have not refunded me.

I'm on 10.4.11. I suggested this was the problem, since it says not for use on OS earlier than Leopard, but they INSIST it works fine for Tiger. Yet they have ignored my refund request and keep referring me to support and support keeps sending me instructions that I follow to a T. I's a vicious loop. What a terrible experience and company.
Wow : (

I'm sorry to hear that.
Old 13th October 2010
Lives for gear

NICE!
That looks pretty cool, although I didn't like a single one of the examples show, I'll give it a try tonight with my graphics and pages I used to my iWeb-made site and see what it can do.

Thanks!

ps. I'm also looking into Carbonmade : Your online portfolio.
Not so much flash as just a very nice and clean interface, which in the end can be more favorable,

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search