The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Droid X
Old 18th August 2010
Lives for gear

Droid X

New Motorola Droid X on VZW!

It's a great phone. Never a dropped call, always many bars.

I was upgrading from a Samsung Omnia (Windows Mobile...) and everything about this new phone is great. Big, bright screen. I was already heavily invested in Google services (Gmail, Google Voice, etc.) and these work seamlessly on the DX. Social Networking is built in, and I'm happy running the TweetDeck beta to integrate them all.

Many apps, including music-oriented apps, for recording audio, keyboards, drum machines, BPM calculators, metronomes, etc. I installed an app that can control MIDI devices over WiFi, but I haven't tried it yet. The development of audio applications should accelerate after the Android 3.0 release later this year, when they open up the audio architecture a lot.

iPhone killer??? Who cares. Great phone. Soon, more Android devices will be sold than any other smartphone.
Old 27th August 2010
Lives for gear

Im going from a Droid to the Droid X, I cant wait to get this phone!
Old 28th August 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousfun View Post
It's a great phone. Never a dropped call, always many bars.
Though I hate tech stuff, I had to get a smartphone for business purposes. I have to say, the DX is pretty amazing. REALLY improved my productivity. Allows me to communicate with customers no mater where I'm at so that I don't have to be chained to my computer. If I'm on-location and need to check some info, I have the whole internet right there, and it's fast.
Was originally going to get the iphone4 but the DX has pretty much all the same features along with the Verizon network, the huge DX screen (you could actually watch a movie on it and not strain your eyes), and I like the ability to customize everything to my liking. Both are great, but this just works out best for my needs.
Old 31st August 2010
Lives for gear

got the X for a few days now. Awesome phone! A few bugs, but Im waiting on 2.2 to see if they're fixed. Nothing I cant live with for the time being.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search