The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
help me to pick a headset...
Old 5th April 2017
Here for the gear

help me to pick a headset...

Hi, sorry for the interrupt... I am planning to buy a new headset... after doing some research on google, I locked on the two headphone, which are the Sony H. Ear and the Beyerdynamic T51i , it seems that the Sony H ear is better according to a review on google(Best Headphones with Microphone 2017: Buyers's Guide - 10 Best Trumps Reviews), however, the T51i is cheaper and got a better price/performance ratio... can anyone give me some suggestion?
Old 5th April 2017
You can take all the suggestions in the world, and may have your own very different opinion. You may want to check with your own ears.

Case in point, I bought a very expensive pair of AKG Studio, Studio 271? circum-aural cans.. they were supposed to be 'flat & accurate'. Well, I can't say the sound has ever been that appealing to my ears, they're accentuated a bit much on the mid-highs and brittle on the highs (and I have hearing problems at these very frequencies, go figure!). They're lacking very much on the lows.

After all this, my main headphones used in my private home studio, is an inexpensive pair of Koss KSC-75 clip-ons, was on sale at Sears for like $12.00! While my $180 pair of AKG's hang on my edrum rack, in which I only use when comparing a mix with different listening devices these days.

Ok, so my Koss clip-ons are cheap, not built for studio, not billed as 'accurate', nor 'flat' but they sound appealing to my ears much more than my expensive AKG's, not to mention a LOT more comfortable do literally everything, from tracking guitars, to tracking vocals etc in my untreated room, and initial mixing. But if these so called accurate/flat 'studio' cans are so great, well as I said I DO use them to check mixes against, NEVER for any tracking.

I'm sure the next person is going to come along and say... "NO, you need 'accurate and flat'!"

https://www.koss.com/headphones/ear-clip/ksc75

I will never be without my Koss, or if I find something better exactly like the Koss, I don't care what anyone else says..

Old 5th April 2017
Here for the gear

Hi. I would like to buy some headset for samsung s4 , i would need some recomandations! Thanks
Old 8th April 2017
I like the Blue Lo-Fi. They have very good sound reproduction and they can be used powered via built in rechargeable battery.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search