The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Which headphones should Sonarworks measure next?
Old 5th February 2015
Which headphones should Sonarworks measure next?

We are finishing up on the latest batch of average headphone calibration curves and would like to let you decide which headphones will be in the next batch!

The upcoming release will feature AKG K701, AKG K141 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT770 80 Ohm.

Here's a list of headphones Sonarworks sees as popular in the pro audio community.

AKG K702
AKG 271 MKII
AKG K240 Studio
Audiotechnica M-50
Audiotechnica M-50X
Beyerdynamic DT770 250 Ohm
Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro
Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro
Focal Spirit Pro
Sennheiser HD25-II

The first five users of each of these headphones, who are willing to send in their cans will get free calibration, free plug-in and free shipping!

The calibration procedure takes a few hours, so more than likely your headphones will be shipped back to you the next day.

Please contact me if you want to participate or have any questions!
Old 5th February 2015
With respect I would make the mobile responsiveness of your website a higher priority.

I went to see what your company was all about but I am unable to via my iPhone.

Get that tested and working 100% first?
Old 15th February 2015
Here for the gear
Audiotechnica M-50X
Old 13th March 2015
Looks like we have everything covered! Thank you for helping, everyone!
Old 13th March 2015
Gear Maniac

Darn, I would have sent in my 558's.
Old 13th March 2015
Lives for gear

No Sony mdrv6 ?
Old 13th March 2015
@ raggedman Try out the Sony MDR7506 average curve. No promises, but the word is that V6 and MDR7506 differ only cosmetically.
Old 13th March 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedman View Post
No Sony mdrv6 ?
I believe they are already supported, 7506's are on the trial page.

Free trial of Speaker and Headphone Calibration Software | Sonarworks
Old 13th March 2015
Lives for gear

They don't really differ cosmetically...don't know what the difference is, but I've never cared for 7506's
Old 14th March 2015
Gear Maniac

They have a different colored sticker, one has a gold plug. Other than that they are the same headphone.
Old 22nd March 2015
Lives for gear

V6s share a common ground and therefore have slight crosstalk...7506s have separate grounds and no crosstalk...other differences may have been phased out over time....but they were once quite different sets of cans
Old 22nd March 2015
Unless you use completely dual mono amplification and 4-pole XLR connections, the MD-7506 will have a shared ground at some point.
Old 24th March 2015
Lives for gear

Please, do the Sony mrd 7520,

main monitoring headphones.. for a lot of producers

Thanks.. going to try Sen HD 650 which i own too
Old 2nd April 2015
Here for the gear

i have the hd25-13 II (600ohm). i can send them!
Old 2nd April 2015
Lives for gear

Focal Spirit Pro.
Old 6th April 2015
Lives for gear

Just ordered some Shure SRH 1840's would love to see how they are. Anyone test these?
Old 6th April 2015
Old 7th April 2015
We will try to get our hands on MDR-7520, but again - these are not for sale in EU, so no promises. Focal Spirit Pro is on our list and we should get them done in a few weeks or so.
Old 28th April 2015
Gear Maniac

Hi there !

I've just discovered your product and I really want to try it as it seems to be a really great tool. Unfortunately, my favorite headphone is not supported for now... So count me in for the Beyerdynamic DT770 250 Ohm !
Old 28th July 2015
Lives for gear

I am really glad you now have my Sennheiser HD800 supported with the 3.1 release. However, I have another pair of headphones that I would like to have supported as well, and that is the Shure SRH 1840.
Old 3rd August 2015
KRK KNS 6400 as they are a very extended headphones, Sennheiser 558 are also very popular (well, 558 and 598 are supposed to be the same but 598 as some type of "deluxe" version).
Old 14th December 2015
Gear Maniac

i would buy the app if they had audeze Lcd-X and barefoot micro main 27 gen 1 monitors
Old 14th December 2015
The new Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro, please.
Awesome headphones!
Old 6th February 2016
Here for the gear

Shure SRH 1840, please! great open-air headphones!
Old 6th February 2016
And it would be really great if earphones were supported as well!
(Shure SE846-CL here…)
Old 6th February 2016
Lives for gear

Not trying to hijack this thread as I am only hoping that somebody from Sonarworks is watching,but........ I wish they would develop something similar to the vrm but not using room references. I just tried out the Sonarworks plugin and I like it but I mix otb (hybrid) and it would be nice to have an external device to do what the plugin does.

fb
Old 9th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrodulf View Post
We will try to get our hands on MDR-7520, but again - these are not for sale in EU, so no promises. Focal Spirit Pro is on our list and we should get them done in a few weeks or so.
I bought a pair from a pro audio distributor in Sweden so they are clearly available.
I can send you my pair of 7520 on loan if you wish
Old 14th March 2016
Gear Maniac

Definitely would appreciate the Sony 7520s calibration. And btw does anybody know if when SonarWorks releases new calibrations whether or not you have to pay for the plugin again to get those or if you can automatically download those for free if you are a user of the plugin?

Thanks and have a blessed week!
Old 15th March 2016
There won't be a need to pay for new profiles. And we're currently working on a new batch.
Old 22nd March 2016
Lives for gear

Se-846 would be cool. Another one would be the audeze lcd-3s.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search