The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What to expect with my first iphone?
Old 16th April 2012

What to expect with my first iphone?

Hello,

I am getting my first iphone through sprint tomorrow. Either the 4 (8GB-$100) or 4s $ 16 gb ($200). Now I'm not crazy with downloading videos or anything, but maybe I will put some music on it. Also, I wanted the itouch for music only. I somehow just want an iphone and mp3 player seperate. So I thought about buying a used ipod touch on ebay (3rd generation 64 gb). What is your opinion? Iphone would be used for music related business and I would download a couple of apps. Do you think the iphone is better than samsung's products? Thanks for any suggestions!
Old 21st April 2012
Gear nut

If you want a separate iPod just for music there is no point in getting the iPod touch. I would get one of the cheaper models meant purely for music.
Old 24th April 2012
Lives for gear

Just to answer your title...what to expect from my iPhone...

A hatred for iTunes.
Old 24th April 2012
Lives for gear

i filled up my 16gb quickly. I have a decent amount of apps, but there isn't much room if you want to add music and lots of pics and vids. I would get the 32 if I could go back. Overall I love the phone. I haven't been bored since I got it. It is a god send at the DMV or docs office. The samsungs are cool, but I still think the iphone crushes anything else out there.
Old 24th April 2012
one man, ONE mic pre
expect to think: "what was i THINKING not getting this sooner!"

and expect to think people without them are simply hanging on to their "iphone placeholder devices'

part of the pleasure of the iPhone is having your music on it as well as it being a phone and app device (Strobo tuner, tempo mapper, guitar to midi device, note taker, etc) instead of carrying multiple devices.
Old 24th April 2012
Lives for gear

I got a great leather case that holds my license and two credit cards, and the iPhone. Snaps shut. So now just the iPhone wherever I go.

Put your music on it, forget a separate player, no reason for it.

iPhone rules.

Accept no substitutes

TH
Old 6th May 2012
Lives for gear

Some things are great, some terrible.

Design and interface wonderful.
Dealing with Apple for their mistakes, 'synching' to iTunes - ugh.

Jailbreaking makes the iPhone a lot better.
Old 6th May 2012
expect to charge your battery very often.
Old 6th May 2012

get an ipod classic for music. No question.

Unless you want to use Airplay (wireless streaming), in which case I think you need the Touch or iPhone (I think)

Matt
Old 7th May 2012
Gear nut

I've found AirPlay to be Avery unreliable. The sound just drops out for very noticeable periods of time. It's not worth using.
Old 7th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylesh View Post
I've found AirPlay to be Avery unreliable. The sound just drops out for very noticeable periods of time. It's not worth using.
I've found that if you move around, or are in a bad reception spot, otherwise it's fine. Except that I need to unplug and plug my airport express in everytime I want to use it..

matt
Old 8th May 2012

Expect to find tons of great apps for making music. We make a few of the top music apps and accessories for it.

Mono in and stereo out. iOS devices also support Core MIDI so you can use them to control synths, DAWs, drum machines, samplers..... tons of things. If you have any questions let us know.

You'll love the iPhone.
Old 8th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt thomas View Post
get an ipod classic for music. No question.

Unless you want to use Airplay (wireless streaming), in which case I think you need the Touch or iPhone (I think)

Matt
Why have two devices when you can have one?
Old 8th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
Why have two devices when you can have one?
I only use one

The guy who started this thread wants two

Actually come to think of it, I do have two, I have a little mini one for when I go running

matt
Old 30th May 2012
Gear interested

I have a 16GB iPhone 4S and I have only put my favorite music on it. I have saved all my stuff for my 2006 IPod which suits me fine.
Old 6th June 2012
Gear interested

I truly love the all in one feel you get from an IPHONE.
Old 6th June 2012
Lives for gear

I'm a security officer and my iPhone batter died within a year. I paid $154 for the phone with tax and Apple wanted $100 for a battery replacement.

Now I have a android device, LG Thrill to be exact. My battery is already dieing at 4 months giving me 3-4 hours of use on a full charge. The iPhone gave me about 6 hours but at least replacement batteries are only $20 on Amazon which will give me 2 batteries and a wall charger to charge the batteries without the phone. For an extra $20 I have 9-12 hours of battery life.

Apple has some nice apps, awesome battery life, and a sweet display, however I am far happier with Android.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Gearslutz App
Old 13th June 2012
Gear Head

I have to say that I'm not happy about this built in battery idea either.
Old 13th June 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
A hatred for iTunes.
amen!
Old 20th June 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
I got a great leather case that holds my license and two credit cards, and the iPhone. Snaps shut. So now just the iPhone wherever I go.

Put your music on it, forget a separate player, no reason for it.

iPhone rules.

Accept no substitutes

TH
Agreed. Iphone, your one for all and all for one.
Old 27th June 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuckoo.old View Post
Some things are great, some terrible.

Design and interface wonderful.
Dealing with Apple for their mistakes, 'synching' to iTunes - ugh.

Jailbreaking makes the iPhone a lot better.
Does Jail-breaking affect updates at all?
Old 28th June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.burns View Post
Does Jail-breaking affect updates at all?
Yes, it un jailbreaks it when you update.
Old 1st July 2012
Lives for gear

I made this video with my iPhone! I think the camera is the best app...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search