The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gearslutz iPad app :s
Old 2nd September 2011
Gear Addict

Gearslutz iPad app :s

I'm probably being very stupid here but how do you reply to posts and start new threads on the gearslutz app for iPad?
Old 2nd September 2011
The arrow on the top right?

gives you options..
Old 2nd September 2011
Gear Addict

Yep I was being extremely stupid, turns out I wasn't logged in, oops :s
Old 5th September 2011
2nd person to ask about that so don't feel too bad about it!
Old 17th September 2011
Here for the gear

Another stupid question, seems like selecting a word in other users posts doesn't work here, it selects the whole post and gives options like quote etc...

New to ipad world here, noobiness in this area
Old 21st September 2011
What would you select a word for? Thanks
Old 21st September 2011
Here for the gear

copy (from post) / paste (to google, or the app store in that case)... A feature I always use in the laptop.

Also make other lilnks to GS open in the app and not in Safari please, as I end up using the browser. A multitabbed GS app would be awesome.
Old 30th September 2011
Major problems with the iPad app with any multiple page thread. After the second page all pages will show the correct page but pull content from the first page instead.

100% repeatable.
Old 30th September 2011
Gear Nut

I notice on the iPad app that sometimes certain pics won't load, some will.

Also, when trying to upload a pic to post in a reply, it won't work.
Old 30th September 2011
Gear Nut

Also, when switching from landscape to portrait mode, it autoscrolls to the bottom of the page ugh
Old 1st October 2011
What the hell??? iPhone version is having the same problem as my post above! What's going on???

Jules, please test on the Nirvana thread in the mastering forum.
Old 1st October 2011
[QUOTE=Paplon;7053368Also make other lilnks to GS open in the app and not in Safari please, as I end up using the browser. A multitabbed GS app would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

Might not be able to do that but will look into it..

Thanks for all the other bug reports - they will be investigated..
Old 1st October 2011
Lives for gear

Just thought I'd add to this, I've stopped using the app as the website through safari works fine.

Using latest version of iPad2.

That's not a complaint of the app it's just as far as I can tell the website works the same as it does on a computer so I'm just doing that.
Old 1st October 2011
Gear Maniac

App all the way here, for me its just much faster and cleaner than the browser on iPad, great work Jules!!!. I do still enjoy a good old GS session from my big screen tho.
Old 7th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Hepworth View Post
Major problems with the iPad app with any multiple page thread. After the second page all pages will show the correct page but pull content from the first page instead.

100% repeatable.
I can't replicate that - for me on multiple page threads, each new page has a newly numbered post at the top of the page and is indeed a new post each time (not a repeat of the 1st or 2nd page posts)

Tested on the shown me your studio thread 2011 and the Nevermind mastering thread.

Is it still happening?

Anyone?

The scroll to bottom on refresh is a known bug that we are looking at expect a bug fix update in a week or so..
Old 15th October 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paplon View Post
Another stupid question, seems like selecting a word in other users posts doesn't work here, it selects the whole post and gives options like quote etc...
A workaround is to to tap the article select quote and then copy the word, then just hit cancel. Selecting/copy a word is something I really miss and could use.
Old 3rd November 2011
Lives for gear

I hate the way the Gearslutz iPhone app text vanishes below the keyboard section of the screen. If you go back to edit a spelling, it's impossible to go back to the end of the text.

This is happening with OS5

Posted from my iPhone 4
Old 10th November 2011
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_T View Post
I hate the way the Gearslutz iPhone app text vanishes below the keyboard section of the screen. If you go back to edit a spelling, it's impossible to go back to the end of the text.

This is happening with OS5

Posted from my iPhone 4
+1. It's hell.
Old 10th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPP View Post
+1. It's hell.
Hi

I used to prefer the iphone Gearslutz application to accessing Gearslutz on the PC, but since this OS5 update, the program is almost unusable because of the vanishing text.

Old 11th November 2011
Gear Maniac

the app quited too often here, i now go on gearslutz with safari, for me the ipad is big enough to go on standard webpage

Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi

I used to prefer the iphone Gearslutz application to accessing Gearslutz on the PC, but since this OS5 update, the program is almost unusable because of the vanishing text.

Yes in safari app closes in the middle of typing reply . When you reopen the reply tab there is no text.
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear
After updated to IOS 5.0.1 from 4.3 the app is problematic. When trying to store anu option like font-size the app crashes. And it crashes now and then on occation too. I was a very nice app before I did the update...
Old 11th November 2011
Try to save settings, boom! Not good...
Old 12th November 2011
Lives for gear

Hi Jules

Do you have any fixes for these issues

The site worked fine on earlier OS versions but now I hate trying to post from the iPhone

There it goes.... Under the keypad!
Old 8th December 2011
Lives for gear
Small error in the Dutch version it says "Onlgelezen" were it should say "Ongelezen". This is the first tab on the "Last posts" section. Probably the "Unread" tab in English.
Old 9th December 2011
Quote:
Hi Jules
Do you have any fixes for these issues
The site worked fine on earlier OS versions but now I hate trying to post from the iPhone
There it goes.... Under the keypad!
BUMP - hey Jules...whazzzup with this?
Old 15th December 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
BUMP - hey Jules...whazzzup with this?
I think we can see this ipad app as a dead end now.
Old 15th December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bace View Post
I think we can see this ipad app as a dead end now.
Hi

Well dead as far as concern with rectifying it...

To me it's major pain in the ass because the Gearslutz application had definite advantages for me, especially the favorites which, oddly, are not part of the PC application.

But now it's virtually impossible for me to reply to posts on the iphone as the texts disappear underneath the virtual keyboard and, while I can scroll to the end, I can't place the cursor there so, if I go back to correct something, it's impossible to finish it...

I presume Jules does not monitor this forum....

Old 16th December 2011
Quote:
Hi
I presume Jules does not monitor this forum....
it would appear not... [sigh]
Old 16th December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
it would appear not... [sigh]
I PM'd him today about it

Posted from my iPhone because it's just two lines!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search