The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
$75 or less - Best Gadgets
Old 2nd December 2009
Lives for snowflakes

Hands-down winner:

A DRUM KEY!!!

...The knob you turn BEFORE you "turn the knobs"!

(And the best "bang-for-the-buck" of ANY knob in the house!)
Old 2nd December 2009
Here for the gear

Mopads. Best thing I've added to my studio under $50. It's one of those things you might not consider buying for yourself (until you've experienced them) but if someone gave you a set as a gift, you'd really appreciate it. Once you have them, you won't live without them.

Auralex MoPAD | Sweetwater.com
Old 2nd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Brad View Post
Mopads. Best thing I've added to my studio under $50. It's one of those things you might not consider buying for yourself (until you've experienced them) but if someone gave you a set as a gift, you'd really appreciate it. Once you have them, you won't live without them.

Auralex MoPAD | Sweetwater.com
Cut up a piece of foam and you have it for free basically. I took a piece of foam out of a prop closet at the theater I work for and put that under my speakers. Don't pay for a MoPAD.
Old 2nd December 2009
Here for the gear

I'll take my Mopad anyday over a cut up piece of foam. It looks nicer and you can even angle the monitors down by rearranging the foam. Of course I guess you could use some bookmatches to prop up the back of the speaker so if that works for you too then skip the Mopads.
Old 2nd December 2009
RTR
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackdude View Post
Cut up a piece of foam and you have it for free basically. I took a piece of foam out of a prop closet at the theater I work for and put that under my speakers. Don't pay for a MoPAD.
+1000..I used a few pieces of foam/hi absorbers and can even angle them, all you have to do is apply more pressure/push down real hard on the front of the speaker and it settles in to the foam o with a angle...I would NEVER pay for mopads..but thats just me, I am NOT knocking them, just prefer the DIY cost!!
Old 3rd December 2009
Lives for gear

Piano-style sustain pedal for MIDI controllers: less than $25.

Buy Yamaha FC4 Piano-Style Sustain Pedal | Sustain, Volume, Expression Pedals | Musician's Friend
Old 3rd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul&folk View Post
johnson j-station (ebay of course- it's out of production for years but still holds its own)
I miss mine a lot.

My favorite gadget would be the Korg AW-2 tuner. Clips on anything, extremely accurate and fast and tuning guitars or other instruments between takes isn't annoying anymore.
Old 3rd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul&folk View Post
johnson j-station (ebay of course- it's out of production for years but still holds its own)
Still have mine and it ROCKS for both bass and guitar. Nice as a table top within
arms reach when I'm recording if I need to tweek something. I think it sounds better
because it uses actual hardware for effects instead of the POD's way of running an
emulation. The chorus absolutely kills the Line 6 models.
Old 3rd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatheredSerpent View Post
Wacom tablet for drawing in automation.

USB coffee cup warmer.
Both these suggestions are just genius. Im getting on the case.
Old 14th June 2019
Here for the gear

Me too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Brad View Post
I'll take my Mopad anyday over a cut up piece of foam. It looks nicer and you can even angle the monitors down by rearranging the foam. Of course I guess you could use some bookmatches to prop up the back of the speaker so if that works for you too then skip the Mopads.
I prefer my MoPad over any foam for a speaker isolation pad. It looks better, for me.
Old 18th June 2019
Lives for gear

Dust covers, desk savers
Miditech midi thru/filter or other brand
Mackie HM-4 Headphone amp or other brand
Desktop monitor stands

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search