The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
How much ram for mobile phone video editing ?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

How much ram for mobile phone video editing ?

I want to do 4k video editing on a galaxy s10 plus I can either get the 8gb or 12 gb ram which one should I get ?
Anyone no a thing or 2 or 3 on mobile phone video editing ?
I want to do most of the editing on the phone to do some music videos a few skits and mini films .

Lmk thanks
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by simply intricate View Post
I want to do 4k video editing on a galaxy s10 plus I can either get the 8gb or 12 gb ram which one should I get ?
Anyone no a thing or 2 or 3 on mobile phone video editing ?
I want to do most of the editing on the phone to do some music videos a few skits and mini films .

Lmk thanks
After editing one video on the phone, you probably won't want to edit any more videos on the phone. Between the screen size and extreme limitation of effects and tools, editing videos on a phone is not practical. It's possible, but it's not practical, especially when you compare video-editing apps on phones with even modest video-editing programs on computers.

Depending upon how many scenes (and takes per scene) you shoot per video, you will use up quite a bit of your phone's storage space very quickly at 4K, and you will need to shuttle that data around if you want to edit it. And since video editing in general--and 4K video editing in particular--is extremely RAM- and processor-intensive, you'll simply want to get the fastest processor(s) with the most amount of RAM (and storage space) you can afford.

Bottom line: If you can get a 12 GB model, get that. The Galaxy will use at least 2 to 3 GB of RAM just to operate as a phone (and with all the other junk Samsung loads on it).

Keep in mind that for what you're considering, you'll also want the model with the best lenses and cameras, and right now, the only option appears to be the S10 5G, which has four front-facing cameras with paired lenses.

Steve
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Thanks for the feedback . I've been holding off to see how the galaxy note 10 plus was and if it was worth getting but now with the relase of the iPhone 11 pro I'm hold out a little longer 2 check out how the camera is when it gets released . I just hate the fact that is so hard to transfer music and video from the iPhone to the pc. Will jail breaking allow me to easily drag and drop files from an iPhone 11 pro like and external hard drive ?
Old 6 hours ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by simply intricate View Post
Thanks for the feedback . I've been holding off to see how the galaxy note 10 plus was and if it was worth getting but now with the relase of the iPhone 11 pro I'm hold out a little longer 2 check out how the camera is when it gets released . I just hate the fact that is so hard to transfer music and video from the iPhone to the pc. Will jail breaking allow me to easily drag and drop files from an iPhone 11 pro like and external hard drive ?
It's pretty easy to move video from an iPhone to the PC: just plug the iPhone into the PC and access the files through Explorer. Music is a different story of course, but iTunes still works for music and movies. They've discontinued it, and I haven't seen much about a replacement, but they'll come up with something.

Jailbreaking an iPhone 11 will be even more difficult than past versions--and each version is (usually) considerably more difficult than the previous one when it came to that. There's also no guarantee that the video recording or editing apps you buy will work on a phone that's been "broken".

Steve

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search