The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
iPhone, ipad mp3’s
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

iPhone, ipad mp3’s

I’ve just finished recording and mixing a five song demo for a new band I’m the guitar player in using Logic Pro x. Did a master using tools from Ozone4.. Doesn’t so too awful to my surprise. Anyhow, I’ve now emailed the mp3’s To the other members of the band. My question is: what do people do to get their songs on iPhones and iPads and make a song list. I keep sending myself emails and playing them off of Bluetooth, but that’s a little cumbersome and will not work with Sonos. Just wondering what real audio engineers do. LOL
Thanks
FM
Old 3 weeks ago
import into Itunes and sync the music to the Device. If not, maybe a streaming service like soundcloud. worse case, i Facebook messenger MP3's to band members and they can play them directly on their phones
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thanks. I will try.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I alternate between two different methods when it's for myself only. #2 would work well for sharing though.
  1. The VLC Media Player iOS app (free & open source), which supports wifi upload & download of media files directly to the app from a browser (provided you're on the same wifi).
  2. Dropbox/OneDrive. Put it in your Dropbox/OneDrive folder on your computer and listen/download it on your phone.

I use an iPhone, but I'm not a Mac user, and I'm constantly amazed how bad the "media file experience" is on the iPhone. Weird on a phone/OS that's so popular among musicians.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search