The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Where can I buy a Tentelometer?
Old 3rd January 2019
Here for the gear

Where can I buy a Tentelometer?

Hi, I’m looking to buy a Tentelometer. Preferably a T2-H20-ML or T2-H20-1;One that will work for 1/4” to 2” tape with the longer, straight probes. It doesn’t seem like they are made anymore. Any ideas? Any help is much appreciated.
Old 28th January 2019
Here for the gear

Any luck with finding a Tentelometer?

I've read a discussion about alternatives on tapeheads.

"For tape tension and brake tension, some manuals tell you to wrap a string around a 7" reel and hook a spring scale to the string to measure the tension".
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hi, thanks for the reply. No luck. I called JRF at JRF magnetics. I figured if anyone knew it would be him. He said hey aren't made anymore as far as he knows. I use a spring scale sometimes depending on the machine. However on something like those Tascam 388s where the tape tension is calibrated by adjustment of the tension arms via opto sensors, it's really helpful to have a tentelometer. I guess I'll just have to hope one pops up on eBay.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Check with Coast Recording Equipment Supply in N. Hollywood. They may have one in NOS.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search