The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Cheap home theater system
Old 16th October 2018
Here for the gear

Cheap home theater system

Here's the situation: I'm looking to buy a home theater system. The problem is that my budget is tight. So now I’m choosing between Yamaha YHT (5 Best Home Theater Systems Under $500 (Netflix and Chill on a Budget)) and Energy basic system (first here: 4 Best Home Theater Systems under $500 (Sept. 2018) – Ultimate Guide), also some reviews recommended Logitech Z906 (The 10 Best Surround Sound Speakers to Buy in 2018).
The problem is that I've never tried one of these before, so I'm asking for advice. Which one would you choose and why?

About installation - I’m planning to hang speakers on the wall.

Yep, I know that’s personal, and I’m afraid it’s not possible to find a home theater system with a good performance within 400$, but I’d like to try. So if you have any recommendations, I’d be really grateful!
Thanks in advance!

p.s. – no, it’s not connected to RMorgan post, we don't even know each other

- Jane
Old 28th May 2019
Here for the gear

Yeah I mean you can get a really good home theater for $400.

I know you already checked out some reviews, but here is one specifically for home theaters under $1,000: https://www.officialtop5review.com/h...ms-under-1000/

This is where I got mine from, and their #1 recommendation is only $350.

There's a couple on the list more expensive, but that's the one I went with and it works great for me.

Hopefully you found what you're looking for.
Old 28th May 2019
Lives for gear

If you're going to get something in that price range I'd say don't sweat the details too much. If you've found something that's been reviewed and has a positive response, go for it! Enjoy it for the next 5 years while you save up for something better.

Even if you save up for individual pieces and swap stuff out as you go, you can have something to enjoy while you work on piecing together your 'forever' system.
Old 1st June 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danh7 View Post
Yeah I mean you can get a really good home theater for $400.

I know you already checked out some reviews, but here is one specifically for home theaters under $1,000: https://www.officialtop5review.com/h...ms-under-1000/

This is where I got mine from, and their #1 recommendation is only $350.

There's a couple on the list more expensive, but that's the one I went with and it works great for me.

Hopefully you found what you're looking for.
Weird... first post... 7 1/2 months after the first and only post in the thread...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search